KY Meetup

Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Ynara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: KY Meetup

Hello, been a while since I checked this thread.

Is anyone else in Louisville?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ynara
Hello, been a while since I checked this thread.

Is anyone else in Louisville?
We are in La Grange, 20 miles from L'ville. I'm a L'ville native and my husband is the Brit.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Folks,

I've been e-mail with some on the meetup.com site about starting an expats meet up group for the dayton/cincy area. There are costs involved in setting it up ($13 per month) so we want to make sure we'd get people interested before starting it up and so we can recover the cost through meet-ups or whatever.

Is everyone up for it?

Ta

Paul
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:41 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dodgykeeps
Folks,

I've been e-mail with some on the meetup.com site about starting an expats meet up group for the dayton/cincy area. There are costs involved in setting it up ($13 per month) so we want to make sure we'd get people interested before starting it up and so we can recover the cost through meet-ups or whatever.

Is everyone up for it?

Ta

Paul
Yep, count us in Dont know how many meets we'd make with the retarded shifts we're both working but we'd do as many as possible!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Count us in ... do you take paypal ;-)
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:15 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I hope people realize that KY stands for Kentucky or else this thread may seem more exciting than it actually is!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

Spring has sprung; the weather is getting milder.
It's time we got a date organised for another jaunt to Cincinnati for a meet up.
Clarissageo, you need to give us a Saturday in May that you can attend with DH (cos you have 6 kids to organise) and we'll all try to make it.
Post your date asap, and let's get cracking!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

KY meet up? Sounds a bit slippery to me!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:18 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

So...

Since all those July 4th shenanigans are coming up, OH and I thought we might have a 'Reclaiming the Colonies' shindig on July 5th (or the closest weekend, I haven't looked at a calendar yet). An 'All Things British' get together with Union Jacks a-flying and 'God Save The Queen' a-playing, and we thought we'd invite all the lovely local ex-pats. Anyone interested?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:15 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhh let me have a look at my calender......... Jeez.... we're awkward buggers arn't we!

We've got less (ie only 2 at home) kids on the 9h and the 23rd May.... But my neice stays over every Saturday night to babysit because we both work first shift on a Sunday, so we could do either lunch or evening on those days - DH doesn't finish work until 11.30am on a Saturday though.......

And July 5th we are child free also! Although my mother is over from England and she can be a little hard work to say the least..... maybe I could put her on babysitting duty that day! If we get plenty of notice of definate dates then although we both work a first shift on a Sunday we could possible get them swapped if anything is planned for during the day.

At the moment we're all over the darn place what with moving over the river to be closer to work, and shifts being all over the place! Just let me know if our dates work with any of you and we can have another entertaining meet up!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:29 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

July 5th is a Sunday I hadn't spotted that before.

So, it looks like that will be a good day for our little shindig down here in Lexington, all who can make it are VERY welcome. Clarissageo, if it makes it easier, feel free to bring your mum and however many of the children you have that day - we've got two (girls, 8 & 12) and a huge back garden so there's plenty of running around space (for the childre, not your mum )

Is there anyone else that might think about joining us?

Plus...I need ideas about British food...and does anyone know where I can get hold of a giant Union Jack flag?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

I think we should be good then - we'll either be going to Gatlinburg for a week so can stop on the way down or can just head down anyway!

I take it you're okay with the kids in attendance?

We've got a Scottish Flag hanging outside our house - we got it at the flag store next to Jungle Jims - can't remember how much it was though as we got it when we came over.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

We'll try and make it!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

We're hoping to be back in the UK early in July but if we're still in the USA count us in
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
does anyone know where I can get hold of a giant Union Jack flag?
Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...nion+jack+flag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.