Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I feel very bad about my comment in #50 that she was at fault. She was not even a receptionist, but a nurse on night duty left without that first line of defence.
Apart from the VIP issue this wasn't a patient in the ICU on a vent that could not speak so a family member needed to ask the nurse about their condition. Secondly the queen would be her MIL, not her husband. Third if the MIL was on the list to give out information to, she should have attempted to verify the callers identity in some way like asking for personal info about the patient like her date of birth. I don't know how things work there but I'm guessing she did break protocol giving out private health information.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:55 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuxedocat
Apart from the VIP issue this wasn't a patient in the ICU on a vent that could not speak so a family member needed to ask the nurse about their condition. Secondly the queen would be her MIL, not her husband. Third if the MIL was on the list to give out information to, she should have attempted to verify the callers identity in some way like asking for personal info about the patient like her date of birth. I don't know how things work there but I'm guessing she did break protocol giving out private health information.
To restate things, she gave no information, she forwarded the call to another nurse.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
To restate things, she gave no information, she forwarded the call to another nurse.
I'm apologize, I thought it was the nurse who gave out information.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 11:37 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

I'm waiting for a satirical piece by Private Eye called "The Curse of the Ring".
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm apologize, I thought it was the nurse who gave out information.
She was a nurse but that day she was helping out as a receptionist...so she forwarded the call to the nurse who was looking after Kate.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 4:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

GMIL, not MIL..
Old Dec 8th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin1234
GMIL, not MIL..
Oh you are right, so even more removed from her.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:10 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I confess I felt a bit uncomfortable about the ring. I'm funny like that.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:17 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I confess I felt a bit uncomfortable about the ring. I'm funny like that.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/uk/8666...ngagement-ring

I fear for Kate. She should throw it away.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I'd think twice about marrying a bloke who gave me his dead mum's engagement ring "so she could be part of our marriage".

After all, that marriage hardly turned out well did it?

If he wanted to give his fiancee a ring that had been in the family, I'm sure his granny has got plenty of old jewellery knocking about - he could have chosen one of those instead, or had something re-worked into a modern design.

The problem is, that ring was so emblematic of an event in time for those of us that remember it - perhaps the Duchess doesn't have those memories so doesn't think of it in the same way.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

The DJs have given interviews, excerpts of which are here. Although they say sorry, it means virtually nothing against their supposed justification of the act.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:18 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
The DJs have given interviews, excerpts of which are here. Although they say sorry, it means virtually nothing against their supposed justification of the act.
Thankfully the hysteria and witchhunt is giving way to some thinking now and already a Labour MP has said the hospital was partly to blame because of their lack of support to the nurse after the prank call, a view I totally share.

Those DJs were certainly acting like numbnuts, but I'm not one to support the destruction of two people's lives because of a prank telephone call that went wrong.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Thankfully the hysteria and witchhunt is giving way to some thinking now and already a Labour MP has said the hospital was partly to blame because of their lack of support to the nurse after the prank call, a view I totally share.

Those DJs were certainly acting like numbnuts, but I'm not one to support the destruction of two people's lives because of a prank telephone call that went wrong.
And I would submit to you that making your living by humiliating and degrading innocent victims carries some of its own risks.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:10 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
And I would submit to you that making your living by humiliating and degrading innocent victims carries some of its own risks.
Like I say, they were numbnuts.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:11 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.