Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Wikiposts

Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:52 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kate & William - Baby Announcement :)

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Why do we put these morons on a pedestal anyway.
Indeed. No pedestal = no hysteria = no hysteria = no suicide. I find it impossible to believe this nurse would have killed herself after having patched a prank call through to Dale Winton's nurse.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:53 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
It's just one big media frenzy. Even the politicians are trying to get something out of the tragedy.

It should be dealt with privately.
That's a euphemism for hushed up, right?
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:54 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, who gives a **** about them having a baby? They're not my family or yours so who gives a shit?

And the prank? Perhaps it wasn't an act of comedic genius, but the outrage and consternation of the British press was disgusting to see. It was a trivial little prank. The woman who committed suicide obviously had serious issues of her own that something as trivial as this could have sent her over the edge.

Can you imagine the orgy of grief the press will indulge in if she has a miscarriage? LOL. Craziness. It's 2012 for ****'s sake.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The Royal Family used to at least stand for some measure of decorum.

The lurid obsession with Kate's condition was unpleasant enough anyway, it is a true media frenzy now and as JR says, totally inappropriate.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:57 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kimilseung
That's a euphemism for hushed up, right?
Yes.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:58 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
<whisper> I can keep mum, can you? </whisper>
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:59 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Seriously, who gives a **** about them having a baby? They're not my family or yours so who gives a shit?

And the prank? Perhaps it wasn't an act of comedic genius, but the outrage and consternation of the British press was disgusting to see. It was a trivial little prank. The woman who committed suicide obviously had serious issues of her own that something as trivial as this could have sent her over the edge.

Can you imagine the orgy of grief the press will indulge in if she has a miscarriage? LOL. Craziness. It's 2012 for ****'s sake.
I think the press would be ecstatic if she did have a miscarriage.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:00 am
Banned

<whisper> I can keep mum, can you? </whisper>
I'll do anything for $50! SHHHHHHHHH!
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:00 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

+1.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:01 am
Banned

I think the press would be ecstatic if she did have a miscarriage.
They'd be less ecstatic if it was proved the hospital or the lack of royal security was responsible for this mess. Then the story would just fly away like a little blackbird.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:01 am
He/him

And the prank? Perhaps it wasn't an act of comedic genius, but the outrage and consternation of the British press was disgusting to see. It was a trivial little prank.
I found it offensive that a corporate organization would use its resources to mock ordinary working people.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:03 am
Banned

I found it offensive that a corporate organization would use its resources to mock ordinary working people.
???
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:04 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Ordinary working people? Will and Kate? Or the nurses/receptionist? I don't think think the nature of the prank is to mock the little people. The goal is to get through and speak with a big cheese. Whether it's the president of Poland, or the Pope.

And let me just add that I wasn't LOL'ing at the thought of a miscarriage. I wouldn't wish illness or harm on anybody.
I was just shaking my head at the thought of them creaming themselves in case of a negative patient care outcome manifesting. It would be Diana 2.0.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Dec 10th 2012 at 10:06 am.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:04 am
He/him

???
I see you got the $50 then (sent via bitcoin)
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:05 am
Banned

Ordinary working people? Will and Kate? Or the nurses/receptionist? I don't think think the nature of the prank is to mock the little people. The goal is to get through and speak with a big cheese. Whether it's the president of Poland, or the Pope.
Exactly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.