Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karma

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's underrated as a meal. Plus liver used to be dirt cheap (probably still is) too so you get a slap up dinner for bargain prices. I think me and my mum were the only ones that ate liver though, I know my sister doesn't like it but I can't remember if my dad did. Oh well.
Me, my Dad and my husband enjoy this for dinner. Mom would make it for Dad and me but she and my Sis wouldn't touch it. Just like they wouldn't eat fish either. And yes, it was always dirt cheap.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Me, my Dad and my husband enjoy this for dinner. Mom would make it for Dad and me but she and my Sis wouldn't touch it. Just like they wouldn't eat fish either. And yes, it was always dirt cheap.
It was always what my mum got from the Chinese when we were ordering, because she didn't like actual Chinese food but didn't want to be left out
Old Jan 31st 2018, 2:48 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

A quiche has to have eggs, doesn't it?

Though, a Shepherd's Pie has no pastry at all, and I think it gets a pass because they're the dog's bollocks.
You are probably right there. Maybe I should have said flan rather than quiche.

Shepherd's and Cottage pies are indeed worthy of full-on pie status.

On the kidney front, I am right alongside Nutek. Approach them cautiously, keep calm and get them in the waste bin at the earliest opportunity. Keep a spade or shovel within reach at all times.

Liver... is simply not to be found here. Cannot remember the last time I had it. My mum also used to make liver, onions and mash as mentioned by SultanOfSwing. Ok, he said spuds not mash, but you get the picture. But he forgot to mention bacon...
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's underrated as a meal. Plus liver used to be dirt cheap (probably still is) too so you get a slap up dinner for bargain prices. I think me and my mum were the only ones that ate liver though, I know my sister doesn't like it but I can't remember if my dad did. Oh well.
When I ask for chicken livers at our local cafeteria I invariably get a huge serving, though we usually go in shortly before closing time, so I assume they want to get rid of everything they have already cooked and can't keep until the next day.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
When I ask for chicken livers at our local cafeteria I invariably get a huge serving, though we usually go in shortly before closing time, so I assume they want to get rid of everything they have already cooked and can't keep until the next day.
They probably like it when you come in, then
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
But he forgot to mention bacon...
We won't serve liver with bacon. Bacon has no place on the same dish as gravy.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:11 pm
Concierge

When making a roast chicken or turkey, the kidneys, liver and hearts were boiled for the broth and then they were chopped up and given to the dog.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

They probably like it when you come in, then. ....
We went in one Christmas eve a few years ago, and after looking at the choices on the serving line, I asked the manager, who unusually was working the serving line that day (presumably to give someone the day off), for chicken livers.

He looked at me and laughed - "I have all this good stuff", waving his hand over the other choices, "and you want chicken livers?".

I stuck with the chicken livers.
We won't serve liver with bacon. Bacon has no place on the same dish as gravy.
Both the bacon and the gravy are different from what you're used to.
When making a roast chicken or turkey, the kidneys, liver and hearts were boiled for the broth and then they were chopped up and given to the dog. .....
You had a lucky dog!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 31st 2018 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:26 pm
I have a comma problem

We went in one Christmas eve a few years ago, and after looking at the choices on the serving line, asked the manager, who unusually was working the serving line that day (presumably to give someone the day off), for chicken livers. He looked at me and laughed - "I have all this good stuff", waving his hand over the other choices, "and you want chicken livers?".

I stuck with the chicken livers.
I'm not sure whether that means the other stuff was shite, or that the chicken livers were just that good ...
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:29 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Liver and onions is a traditional and popular Venetian dish. Can't stand it myself. You'd think fish would be more popular in Venice.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:30 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Liver and onions is a traditional and popular Venetian dish. Can't stand it myself. You'd think fish would be more popular in Venice.
Maybe they got sick of eating fish and decided to give liver a go. You know, the logical progression ...
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:32 pm

I'm not sure whether that means the other stuff was shite, or that the chicken livers were just that good ...
Well about half the choices I never take (but when isn't that true for any restaurant/menu?) But that day I just fancied chicken livers as I hadn't had any for a while, and Mrs P won't cook them at home, at least not since she stopped making baby food for little Miss P.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:33 pm
I have a comma problem

Well about half the choices I never take (but when isn't that true for any restaurant/menu?) But that day I just fancied chicken livers as I hadn't had any for a while, and Mrs P won't cook them at home, at least not since she stopped making baby food for little Miss P.
Seems that it worked out perfectly, then.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:33 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they got sick of eating fish and decided to give liver a go. You know, the logical progression ...
Perhaps. Italians are very particular and precise when it comes to their own regional dishes. Risotto alla Milanese. Ragù alla Bolognese etc.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:37 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Perhaps. Italians are very particular and precise when it comes to their own regional dishes. Risotto alla Milanese. Ragù alla Bolognese etc.
Well, they're good at it of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.