Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Jonathan Gruber and "Stupid American Voters"

Jonathan Gruber and "Stupid American Voters"

Old Nov 14th 2014, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jonathan Gruber and "Stupid American Voters"

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Could have fooled me.

Then again, you're the same guy who couldn't figure out that there are conservatives who write for the Huffington Post. Gruber's opinion of you is higher than mine.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 5:08 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
The subject at hand is your tendency to go on at length about things that you don't understand.

You're quite good at that. Does it come naturally to you, or did you receive special training?
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Road Warrior, why don't you tell us all about your special training with respect to the ACA, and tell us how Gruber's September 2013 commentary about how it was sold to America never happened, or if it did, he was just kidding.

Those remarks, and statements he made in 2012 will undoubtedly be in the minds of the justices when the Supreme Court hears arguments in King v. Burwell.

It's OK to keep insulting me, I don't give a rat's ass about that. But do you have any actual thoughts on the issue? Or other than clever little put-downs are you as tongue-tied as Pelosi when she was asked about Gruber? Oh, maybe you didn't catch that act. It was on Fox News, so I guess you didn't see that. Because it was on Fox it must never have happened and she never attended the presser that resulted in the video they aired.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:16 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Road Warrior, why don't you tell us all about your special training with respect to the ACA, and tell us how Gruber's September 2013 commentary about how it was sold to America never happened, or if it did, he was just kidding.

Those remarks, and statements he made in 2012 will undoubtedly be in the minds of the justices when the Supreme Court hears arguments in King v. Burwell.

It's OK to keep insulting me, I don't give a rat's ass about that. But do you have any actual thoughts on the issue? Or other than clever little put-downs are you as tongue-tied as Pelosi when she was asked about Gruber? Oh, maybe you didn't catch that act. It was on Fox News, so I guess you didn't see that. Because it was on Fox it must never have happened and she never attended the presser that resulted in the video they aired.
Gruber was one of many consultants who worked on the project. If you had any smarts, then you'd know that you can gather 100 people together for a project and end up with 101 opinions. To offer up this guy as the sole voice of Obamacare only makes you and your ilk seem even more stupid than Gruber would have us believe.

You're trying to find a smoking gun where there isn't one. The fact that you would be shocked that people who take ill make more claims on health insurance policies than those who aren't sick tells me more about you (and your lack of intellectual heft) than it does about health insurance.

Aside from regurgitating talking points from right-wing blogs, do you have anything to add? I've already seen this tripe on the usual websites; you're not adding any value here.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Gruber was one of many consultants who worked on the project. If you had any smarts, then you'd know that you can gather 100 people together for a project and end up with 101 opinions. To offer up this guy as the sole voice of Obamacare only makes you and your ilk seem even more stupid than Gruber would have us believe.

You're trying to find a smoking gun where there isn't one. The fact that you would be shocked that people who take ill make more claims on health insurance policies than those who aren't sick tells me more about you (and your lack of intellectual heft) than it does about health insurance.

Aside from regurgitating talking points from right-wing blogs, do you have anything to add? I've already seen this tripe on the usual websites; you're not adding any value here.
6 Years Ago: Heritage Foundation Praised Romneycare For Building 'Patient-Centered' Health Care Market | ThinkProgress

but the Heritage Foundation was totally against ACA which was based on Romneycare and many of the people that helped write the ACA bill were the same people that helped write Romneycare.

I guess Jonathan Gruber just likes to insult himself as either being a "complete idiot", "totally incompetent", or a "total wimp" since he takes credit for being a key architect for both programs. You decide which he is since I can't see any other possible choices.

Why didn't he have the decency, integrity, and courage to resign his position in protest and notify the American public of such a fiscal instead of doing it twice?
Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Flavius is such a textbook troll that he doesn't even bother me, and I'm usually pretty quick to the bait
Old Nov 14th 2014, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The question before the house is, setting aside the "fog of controversy" (to quote my favourite screwball Congressional representative"), is whether Gruber is correct, i.e. that the American voters are both stupid and economically illiterate?
In general, the vast majority of voters are illiterate about how most laws will affect them, and base their opinions of the laws on what other people tell them. You don't get far in politics if you don't know this. Look at how this is being reported - you (a conservative) are expected to believe that half of what he said is absolutely true (the deception) and half is absolutely false (that people are dumb), because then you can say that you knew the Dems are evil deceivers and that you were smart enough to be against ACA. It makes you feel good for hating something you already hated. It's emotional manipulation on a base level, rewarding you with endorphins for continuing to believe what they tell you.

Did the media hide anything? In this case, the people who understood it the least generally benefit from it the most, and vice versa. Now the rubber has met the road and we'll see how much they like it now that they can see how it affects them.