The InBetweeners

Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The InBetweeners

Originally Posted by NAR14
How edited is US TV for 'bad' language?

I know that when my SO first came to the UK, we were watching a show and she was almost in shock when the 'f' word (and worse!!) was not bleeped. She's not offended by it, she just wasn't used to hearing it on TV.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that bleeping out swear words is totally wrong (after 9pm I'm talking). Someone else shouldn't be deciding what is right or wrong for me to hear. If I don't want to hear it, I won't watch the show.
Last year I had some guy call me wanting me to agree to a kind of virtual petition (if you said yes would have your name added to the petition) to have stricter editing of shows, when I told him no, he asked if I had children and then continued to basically call me a bad mother for not wanting tighter controlls on TV.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Completely unrelated, but I wish they would show series 3 and the Christmas Special of Gavin & Stacey, that show is probably the funniest I have seen on BBC America.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:08 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Last year I had some guy call me wanting me to agree to a kind of virtual petition (if you said yes would have your name added to the petition) to have stricter editing of shows, when I told him no, he asked if I had children and then continued to basically call me a bad mother for not wanting tighter controlls on TV.
That just beggars belief. I think people like that are actually quite dangerous; who knows what other insane things he supports and campaigns for.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:10 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Completely unrelated, but I wish they would show series 3 and the Christmas Special of Gavin & Stacey, that show is probably the funniest I have seen on BBC America.

It was pretty good that last series. I'm sure it'll come on there soon.

We're on about 34th repeat of series 1 and 2 at the moment!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:31 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

They showed the Christmas Special of Gav & Stacey on Christmas Day. Sorry to break it to you now

It is a great series isn't it
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

What always surprises me is that those same people will let their kids watch the violent films with blood and gore, but any mention of sex, or the smallest hint of skin and they protest as loud as they can. Personnally I would rather have my teenage son watch something like the In-betweeners, than someone blowing a person's head off with a shotgun.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:24 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
They showed the Christmas Special of Gav & Stacey on Christmas Day. Sorry to break it to you now

It is a great series isn't it
No that was the one that was shown Christmas 2008 in the UK.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

the dvd boxset on amazon was cheaper than getting individual series...well worth it...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:07 am
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Please Please Please tell me they do not Bleep any words after say 9 in the USA.....If they do i am lost for words
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:14 am
I Still Remember

Originally Posted by Neil52
Please Please Please tell me they do not Bleep any words after say 9 in the USA.....If they do i am lost for words
You need to be lost for words then.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAR14
You need to be lost for words then.
Yup, and they blur out anything risky, like say a nipple
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:41 am
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nethead
Yup, and they blur out anything risky, like say a nipple
You are kiddin me after the watershed how the hell do adults find anything offensive in the inbetweeners enough to bllep or cut it....that is so ****ing pathetic.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
They don't have a watershed over here...only premium channels that are not on basic cable are allowed to have rude words...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They don't have a watershed over here...only premium channels that are not on basic cable are allowed to have rude words...
They do have a watershed here, actually. I read the rules that the FCC laid out, and actually the watershed doesn't apply if said channel airs the same program schedule for all time zones. So just because it's 9 PM on the east coast, aka post watershed, if BBC airs the 9 PM EST program in California at 6 PM (which they do apparently), then the watershed rules do not apply. If there was BBC America East and BBC America West, then they could do a watershed.

had the guy never heard of parental responsibility?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
the dvd boxset on amazon was cheaper than getting individual series...well worth it...
Do they have that in NSTC format? I already have series 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.