The InBetweeners

Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:30 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice
Default Re: The InBetweeners

How edited is US TV for 'bad' language?

I know that when my SO first came to the UK, we were watching a show and she was almost in shock when the 'f' word (and worse!!) was not bleeped. She's not offended by it, she just wasn't used to hearing it on TV.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that bleeping out swear words is totally wrong (after 9pm I'm talking). Someone else shouldn't be deciding what is right or wrong for me to hear. If I don't want to hear it, I won't watch the show.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:51 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAR14
How edited is US TV for 'bad' language?

I know that when my SO first came to the UK, we were watching a show and she was almost in shock when the 'f' word (and worse!!) was not bleeped. She's not offended by it, she just wasn't used to hearing it on TV.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that bleeping out swear words is totally wrong (after 9pm I'm talking). Someone else shouldn't be deciding what is right or wrong for me to hear. If I don't want to hear it, I won't watch the show.
Everything is edited, as they show any program at any time of day. You can turn the TV on at 10.00am to find Pulp Fiction on. All the swear words are bleeped, but surely it would be bad enough a 7 year old watching this without the swearing.

The only things at aren't bleeped are Bolloxs, Americans don't seem to know what this means. Also the 2 finger salute, means peace over here, so that gets through. How on earth while someone is shouting F*** off while making the gesture, can they really think its not a rude gesture.

It drives me crazy. I totally agree you should be able to decide what you watch.

They could really use a watershed, as lots of TV during the day is really inapropriate for kids, even if the program is ok, they stick a horror movie advert in the middle of The Simpsons.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Everything is edited, as they show any program at any time of day. You can turn the TV on at 10.00am to find Pulp Fiction on. All the swear words are bleeped, but surely it would be bad enough a 7 year old watching this without the swearing.

The only things at aren't bleeped are Bolloxs, Americans don't seem to know what this means. Also the 2 finger salute, means peace over here, so that gets through. How on earth while someone is shouting F*** off while making the gesture, can they really think its not a rude gesture.

It drives me crazy. I totally agree you should be able to decide what you watch.

They could really use a watershed, as lots of TV during the day is really inapropriate for kids, even if the program is ok, they stick a horror movie advert in the middle of The Simpsons.
They don't bleep out wanker, well at least not on anything I've watched. I noticed on the Inbetweeners the other day they bleeped out 'tit' hardly a strong curse word!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:30 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

Turning on Comedy Central in the early afternoon and seeing the movie Porky's on , but with all the sex and swearing cut out, takes some beating though. Not to mention a very short film.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:36 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
They don't bleep out wanker, well at least not on anything I've watched. I noticed on the Inbetweeners the other day they bleeped out 'tit' hardly a strong curse word!
Yes, i'd forgotten about that. Tosser gets through too
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:04 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Just downloaded both series yesterday and tore through the lot in two evenings! Hilarious!

Clunge!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:10 pm
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonrob
Just downloaded both series yesterday and tore through the lot in two evenings! Hilarious!

Clunge!!!
I still watch them regularly, I never get tired of them.

Bumder.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Clunge!!!
You big tease, we are still watching one episode a week on BBC America.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
series 1+2 for £10 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inbetweeners...5171453&sr=8-1
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:07 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Clunge!!!
Whilst watching someone gut a deer at 3 am the other morning, I did utter the phrase "up to my nuts in guts"
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:55 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Well you're not going to find out how you need to update the BE sweary filter by watching the BBC America version, are you?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:24 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well you're not going to find out how you need to update the BE sweary filter by watching the BBC America version, are you?

Don't worry I'm ex-army ... my swear word dictionary doth overflow But it is annoying having all those bleeps every 5 secs.

Talking of which they blocked out half the songs in the Grammys. I though my TV was on the blink.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nethead
Was amusing I thought. And yes they did bleep tit but not gash which was hilarious. It's all about context!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:33 am
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it last night and loved it! It was like Grange Hill with more sex, more swearing, and more humor. So not really like Grange Hill at all!
Naomi.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:56 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

The wife and I watched the 1st 3 episodes tonight on demand. Loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.