I love hot weather

Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love hot weather

Originally Posted by steve100100
Cold blooded creatures have the warmest hearts
She was a legend. It had to be 85f inside temp before she would consider turning on the A/C. The woman did not sweat.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leslie66
She was a legend. It had to be 85f inside temp before she would consider turning on the A/C. The woman did not sweat.
Kudos to her. I am the same
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

She wants ac on 72 but while she's away it's on 78. I need a jacket for anything below 75
I set mine to 84 all summer long in Scottsdale, and relish the warm, dry, 90 degree evenings where you can sit outside at 10pm. I can't say I like triple-digits, but it doesn't kill me and generally, triple-digits during the day (when I'm working anyway) means 90s at night ... sit outside ...

Now, anywhere with humidity and I'm leaving town when it hits 90!
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

All thoses F type temperature figures look so quaintly archaic - it's like reading a weather log from the middle or early part of the last century. In my mind I can't exactly determine just how really hot or really cold they are without consulting a temperature conversion formula and a calculator.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The heat isn't to bad, it's only mildly shit.

It's the humidity that'll drive me to murder....that and not being able to do anything even remotely active outside.
I'm with you I think Bob, I love the heat, can't wait for the summer, but when you open the door in the morning and you feel like you're walking in to a sauna - that's not good. In saying that, I'd rather have that to contend with than the drizzle and damp from back home which I couldn't wait to get away from - never satisfied are we
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bob, what's the humidity like in MA? Passed through Boston in the winter.....
Sweaty b@ll@cks it is...though it ain't so bad on the coast and not so bad in western MA, but Boston area gets a bit steamy.

It's even worse up in Maine...and then the bugs to put a dampener on actually enjoying the outdoors is a bit of a shame.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
I'm with you I think Bob, I love the heat, can't wait for the summer, but when you open the door in the morning and you feel like you're walking in to a sauna - that's not good. In saying that, I'd rather have that to contend with than the drizzle and damp from back home which I couldn't wait to get away from - never satisfied are we
The amusing thing is, I did far more in the drizzle of England than I do here...partly because it didn't rain nearly as much in the south of England as it does in the Boston area and also you just got on with it.

Out here, it's just either too hot to go walk or whatever because of the humidity or if you go for a hike in the woods you'd get eaten a live by the bugs...and just hanging out in a shaded deck in the evening which should be lovely is just a hassle as the mozzies eat you alive.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
All thoses F type temperature figures look so quaintly archaic - it's like reading a weather log from the middle or early part of the last century. In my mind I can't exactly determine just how really hot or really cold they are without consulting a temperature conversion formula and a calculator.
I'm just the opposite having lived all my life in the US. A few years back I set my car dashboard to read in C so I could get a "feel." These days I mentally go that 20 C is 70 F, 30 C is 85 F and 40 C is 100 F.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
A few years back I set my car dashboard to read in C so I could get a "feel."
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I'm just the opposite having lived all my life in the US. A few years back I set my car dashboard to read in C so I could get a "feel." These days I mentally go that 20 C is 70 F, 30 C is 85 F and 40 C is 100 F.
Actually 20 c is 68 F......
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
You are not insane - after nearly 6 weeks of almost non stop rain in Northern California I need some of your sun
I'm with you on that! All those who don't like the heat should try living in wonderful, wet, Washington. We actually had hail yesterday amid all the showers, perpetual drizzle and soakers. Give me sun, 80 degrees and a slight breeze any day. Bliss
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:48 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I love the sun until it gets into triple digits and then its just too much, it makes me grumpy and I have to join all the old folk in the mall.

I missed the rain and clouds so much for my first year out here, but now once it gets to March I'm ready for the sun. Really looking forward to the summer in No Cal this year, hopefully it will be 20 below the LA Valley heat so should be perfect for me.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
I'm with you on that! All those who don't like the heat should try living in wonderful, wet, Washington. We actually had hail yesterday amid all the showers, perpetual drizzle and soakers. Give me sun, 80 degrees and a slight breeze any day. Bliss
Yeah but Steve isn't talking about 80 degrees. He's talking about 115.

80 degrees is considered coolish in Texas.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Yeah but Steve isn't talking about 80 degrees. He's talking about 115.

80 degrees is considered coolish in Texas.
I was replying to CADreaming. Typically trying to change the subject, that's me 115 with a/c, bring it on. I'd have to shave the dogs though
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:31 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
I was replying to CADreaming. Typically trying to change the subject, that's me 115 with a/c, bring it on. I'd have to shave the dogs though
It's easy to say that and lovely when you are on holiday. But living in it is crap, everything becomes a major chore, going to the store, nipping out from work to buy lunch. The kids are always knackered and grumpy....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.