Wikiposts

I love hot weather

Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default Re: I love hot weather

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's been years since I've had an Ulster fry - I really do miss those.
Visited many places in the republic several times. Only been to Belfast once but I remember that breakfast!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:05 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve100100
Visited many places in the republic several times. Only been to Belfast once but I remember that breakfast!
You never forget your first Ulster fry. If you don't die of a heart attack after eating it, that is . . .

I haven't seen Belfast in nigh on 4 years. Looks like it could be another 2 or 3 before I do as well. Very sad
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

You never forget your first Ulster fry. If you don't die of a heart attack after eating it, that is . . .

I haven't seen Belfast in nigh on 4 years. Looks like it could be another 2 or 3 before I do as well. Very sad
It was some little cafe next to city hall. Memories. Me and my mate walked it off then took the tour of city hall. Then of course it was time to go to a pub for a few hours before we got the bus back to Dublin.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:13 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It was some little cafe next to city hall. Memories. Me and my mate walked it off then took the tour of city hall. Then of course it was time to go to a pub for a few hours before we got the bus back to Dublin.
The little pokey cafes usually did the best frys. The one at Queen's student union was good too, and not too pricey.

Ahhh, what I'd do for it to be 8:30am in late 1997 just once more
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

The little pokey cafes usually did the best frys. The one at Queen's student union was good too, and not too pricey.

Ahhh, what I'd do for it to be 8:30am in late 1997 just once more
I'd love to go back and spend more time. We had a good day in Belfast. Would like to see it again and spend more time. Me and my mate were touring around Ireland.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:43 am
I have a comma problem

I'd love to go back and spend more time. We had a good day in Belfast. Would like to see it again and spend more time. Me and my mate were touring around Ireland.
I can't wait to get back. I'm going to overload on frys and food out of the chippy.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
I was replying to CADreaming. Typically trying to change the subject, that's me 115 with a/c, bring it on. I'd have to shave the dogs though
+1 I agree --never ever going to get heat where I am although it was around 54F today and it felt really warm!! No coat or cardy needed!! 54f in UK feels much cooler....must be nearer the equator or something

Last edited by CAdreaming; Apr 27th 2011 at 12:57 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
54f in UK feels much cooler....must be nearer the equator or something
The entire UK is a good bit further away from the equator than the entire USA apart from the state of Alaska which I reckon is what you said.

Unlike that in much of the rest of the UK this morning - Thurs 28/04/11- the weather in London is mainly cloudy but dry as of now - noon - but with a risk of a few scattered showers this afternoon. Tomorrow - Royal Wedding Day - there is a higher risk of showers moving westwards across London and Southern England and perhaps with scattered hit and miss thunderstorms with heavy downpours during the morning, but it's expected to be drier and brighter by afternoon.

The Syrian ambassador to the UK has had his invititation to the Wedding withdrawn by Buckinham Palace in conjunction with the British Government in view of the current political troubles in Syria.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown remain firmly uninvited, something which is causing resentment within the Labour party and the political lefties in the UK - but, honestly - why should that surprise anyone? Blair sent us into an illegal war, has a wife who publicly yawned openly in the presence of the Queen and who would like the entire Royal Family hung, drawn and quartered on Tower Green and then fed to the ravens - and Gordon Brown is just - well, Gordon Brown - need I say anymore.......

Last edited by Lothianlad; Apr 27th 2011 at 11:03 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

it was 70F and humid by 7 this morning...not fun waking up as a sweaty blob.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
it was 70F and humid by 7 this morning...not fun waking up as a sweaty blob.
At 9am here in Scottsdale it is 70F with 20% humidity ... absolutely wonderful! It's going to hit 92 today, which means it will probably be 84 tonight when I sit out and have dinner!

I saw my first Saguaro (Cactus) flower yesterday - this is the time when the big bold Saguaro's don little 'caps' of flowers ...
Attached Thumbnails I love hot weather-p1020640-cropsml400.jpg  
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
The entire UK is a good bit further away from the equator than the entire USA apart from the state of Alaska which I reckon is what you said.

Unlike that in much of the rest of the UK this morning - Thurs 28/04/11- the weather in London is mainly cloudy but dry as of now - noon - but with a risk of a few scattered showers this afternoon. Tomorrow - Royal Wedding Day - there is a higher risk of showers moving westwards across London and Southern England and perhaps with scattered hit and miss thunderstorms with heavy downpours during the morning, but it's expected to be drier and brighter by afternoon.

The Syrian ambassador to the UK has had his invititation to the Wedding withdrawn by Buckinham Palace in conjunction with the British Government in view of the current political troubles in Syria.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown remain firmly uninvited, something which is causing resentment within the Labour party and the political lefties in the UK - but, honestly - why should that surprise anyone? Blair sent us into an illegal war, has a wife who publicly yawned openly in the presence of the Queen and who would like the entire Royal Family hung, drawn and quartered on Tower Green and then fed to the ravens - and Gordon Brown is just - well, Gordon Brown - need I say anymore.......
Top marks for bringing Labour into a thread about the weather.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:50 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Tony Blair and Gordon Brown remain firmly uninvited, something which is causing resentment within the Labour party and the political lefties in the UK.
Including these well known lefties.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steerpike
At 9am here in Scottsdale it is 70F with 20% humidity ... absolutely wonderful! It's going to hit 92 today, which means it will probably be 84 tonight when I sit out and have dinner!

I saw my first Saguaro (Cactus) flower yesterday - this is the time when the big bold Saguaro's don little 'caps' of flowers ...
Perfect. It's the humidity that gets you. Although it doesn't bother me so much.

We are visiting San Diego this summer. We used to live in San Fernando valley. Hot in the summer but no humidity and no bugs! Very different from here.

Nice photo, btw.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
+1 I agree --never ever going to get heat where I am although it was around 54F today and it felt really warm!! No coat or cardy needed!! 54f in UK feels much cooler....must be nearer the equator or something
I suspect you are living right on the coast, ( or close to it ).

I am sure you know this, but go inland 2 or 3 miles in summer and you will be baking !

The Northern California Coast is famous for it's fog. I swear, it can be like pea soup in my town , 2 miles inland it's like Hawaii
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
I suspect you are living right on the coast, ( or close to it ).

I am sure you know this, but go inland 2 or 3 miles in summer and you will be baking !

The Northern California Coast is famous for it's fog. I swear, it can be like pea soup in my town , 2 miles inland it's like Hawaii
yep Eureka is right on the coast - I have noticed that a few miles can make a lot of difference ---I'll have to travel inland to get a bit of heat!!
It seems to have stopped raining and the weekend was very sunny but cold!! Grey again today....im as obsessed with the weather here as I was in UK!!! grrrr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.