How long...

Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice
Default Re: How long...

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Are you sur you were talking to someone at the embassy and not the call center in Scotland? Did you make copies of everything that you sent in?

Yeah it was def London I called, and we did make copies of everything

I got an Email back from the Embassy, this is what they said.

""We are in receipt of the form. As you do not wish to travel until August, we have delayed scheduling the appointment for the interview. You will be notified next month of the date and time of the visa interview"".

At least they got our stuff, was worried incase in went missing.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Ah, good, glad they got your forms.

Shame they think hearing about an interview next month for a move in August is enough time! If they do that same with me, I won't be moving in August I'd take an interview as soon as I can get one, wish I'd said I wanted to move in July now if this is how they work things out, but I was being honest.

I'm also worried that if I don't get very much notice for the interview that I might not get a medical when I need one. Does anyone know how busy the Knightsbridge doctors are and how easy it is to get an appointment when you need it? I hadn't booked anything yet as I wanted to avoid taking two separate trips to London but am starting to worry this is all going to go tits up!

Last edited by jetbedlam; Jun 16th 2009 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Curlz is an unknown quantity at this point

jetbedlam

I'm also worried that if I don't get very much notice for the interview that I might not get a medical when I need one. Does anyone know how busy the Knightsbridge doctors are and how easy it is to get an appointment when you need it? I hadn't booked anything yet as I wanted to avoid taking two separate trips to London but am starting to worry this is all going to go tits up!
For my husband's medical, he found it very easy to get a date for an appointment at Knightsbridge Doctors. He booked his on May 29th, and got his medical for the next week. So, for him it was a quick turn around on getting there. They take 4 days to get your medical information to the embassy, too.

~Curlz
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Ah, good, glad they got your forms.

Shame they think hearing about an interview next month for a move in August is enough time! If they do that same with me, I won't be moving in August I'd take an interview as soon as I can get one, wish I'd said I wanted to move in July now if this is how they work things out, but I was being honest.

Yeah I wish I had told them I wanted to move in July lol, but like yourself I was just being honest.

I've already made one trip to London for the Medical, and will have to make another for the visa interview.

When I called to book my medical, it was easy to get an appoinment with them. Just wish I could have done it all in one trip.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:33 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Knightsbridge seems preety easy to schedule a medical with. They tol;d my husbnad he could have one the next day if he wanted one, If your vacs are not up to date get them at your local doctors office so NHS will cover the cost and get a copy of your vacs records and take them with you to the medical. Knightsbrifge will charge you for any vacs that you need. You don't need to complete them for your visa but you will need themfor your AOS so get them at home because vacs in trhe US are pretty expensive.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Just a wee note to say I phoned the embassy as I had still had no response to my email to them from a week ago, to be told that they were on a 2 week backlog on email respones just now, however I was also told my interview is the 16th July.

Unsure if that is off the back of my email plea, or if its just them working through as normal...eek!!

Think I am going to have to take two separate trip though as my interview is a thursday meaning to get the medical in time before the interview I'd have to have it on the Friday before meaning 6 nights in a hotel!!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Just a wee note to say I phoned the embassy as I had still had no response to my email to them from a week ago, to be told that they were on a 2 week backlog on email respones just now, however I was also told my interview is the 16th July.

Unsure if that is off the back of my email plea, or if its just them working through as normal...eek!!

Think I am going to have to take two separate trip though as my interview is a thursday meaning to get the medical in time before the interview I'd have to have it on the Friday before meaning 6 nights in a hotel!!
Glad you got a date, as for me, I'm still waiting for an interview date... got no idea what the hell is going on.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Might be worth phoning again, I wasn't going to but I'm glad I did now! God knows when I'll actually get the letter...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Might be worth phoning again, I wasn't going to but I'm glad I did now! God knows when I'll actually get the letter...
I just called them 5 mins ago, I told them I sent in my IV-15 form 8 weeks ago, and havent heard anything from them.

They had a look on the system and told me that they havent even received my forms yet, and I'm not on the computer system (got told the samething last week as well)

It means two things:

1. either my forms have went missing and they never got them.

2. or they have them, but just havent put me on the system yet.

He told me to wait another 3 weeks before contacting them again, by that time it will be 11 weeks since I sent in my IV-15

I dunno whats going on, or what to do.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:42 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig73
I just called them 5 mins ago, I told them I sent in my IV-15 form 8 weeks ago, and havent heard anything from them.

They had a look on the system and told me that they havent even received my forms yet, and I'm not on the computer system (got told the samething last week as well)

It means two things:

1. either my forms have went missing and they never got them.

2. or they have them, but just havent put me on the system yet.

He told me to wait another 3 weeks before contacting them again, by that time it will be 11 weeks since I sent in my IV-15

I dunno whats going on, or what to do.
Did you send your docs return receipt so you can prove that they received them? Did you make copies of everything as well?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Did you send your docs return receipt so you can prove that they received them? Did you make copies of everything as well?
Yeah I sent it recorded delivery, so I can track it, and I made copies of everything.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig73
Yeah I sent it recorded delivery, so I can track it, and I made copies of everything.
So you got confirmation that your packet was delivered to the Embassy building?
Leaning toward item #2 now, me.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
So you got confirmation that your packet was delivered to the Embassy building?
Leaning toward item #2 now, me.
Yeah, according to the PO tracking number it's been delivered to the building. But it's apparently been lying there for 8 weeks without anyone looking at it or putting it into the system.