British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   How long... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/how-long-614516/)

jetbedlam Jun 12th 2009 9:40 pm

How long...

I was just wondering roughly how long others have waited from sending back the K1 fiance visa forms and IV15 checklist to London, until getting their interview letter?

I sent my forms and checklist back more than 2 weeks ago and haven't had anything. I wouldn't be worried but I have moved address, although my IV15 requested that the interview letter be sent to my work address so this shouldn't cause any issue but I can't help but worry!

How long would you leave it before phoning them?

Thanks
J

Folinskyinla Jun 13th 2009 12:02 am

Re: How long...

Originally Posted by jetbedlam (Post 7660000)
I was just wondering roughly how long others have waited from sending back the K1 fiance visa forms and IV15 checklist to London, until getting their interview letter?

I sent my forms and checklist back more than 2 weeks ago and haven't had anything. I wouldn't be worried but I have moved address, although my IV15 requested that the interview letter be sent to my work address so this shouldn't cause any issue but I can't help but worry!

Thanks
J

Hi:

June is always a real weird month on scheduling. It is kind of like the reason that it is never a good idea to go into a US hospital in late June and early July. There is a lot of personnel rotation going on at that time of year.

Craig73 Jun 13th 2009 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jetbedlam (Post 7660000)

Thanks
J

We sent of our stuff just over 6 weeks ago, and we're still waiting on our interview letter as well.... I'm giving it to next week, if we don't hear anything I'm going to give them a call and see whats up.

jetbedlam Jun 13th 2009 4:28 pm

Hmm, thanks... hopefully we'll hear soon.

I hadn't realised that they would take so long to issue an interview date, I thought it would be a couple of weeks, from what I've read.

I was planning to move in August (and stated this on my IV15) but that won't be happening if it takes that long for them to send the interview letter, which will presumably be received a month in advance of the interview date...that sounds more like I'll be getting an interview in August rather than moving then, ugh!

I'd be interested to hear how you get on when you phone them if you don't mind :) I just get worried that somethings happened to my forms or something like that...my Royal Mail tracking said they were received, just hope they didn't end up in file 13 once inside the embassy!

Craig73 Jun 13th 2009 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by jetbedlam (Post 7661663)
Hmm, thanks... hopefully we'll hear soon.

I hadn't realised that they would take so long to issue an interview date, I thought it would be a couple of weeks, from what I've read.

I was planning to move in August (and stated this on my IV15) but that won't be happening if it takes that long for them to send the interview letter, which will presumably be received a month in advance of the interview date...that sounds more like I'll be getting an interview in August rather than moving then, ugh!

I'd be interested to hear how you get on when you phone them if you don't mind :) I just get worried that somethings happened to my forms or something like that...my Royal Mail tracking said they were received, just hope they didn't end up in file 13 once inside the embassy!

I'll def let you know how I get on, I am also hoping to move on Agust 4th, I put that on my form as well.

jetbedlam Jun 13th 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks Craig :)

Just noticed that you're heading to Texas...where abouts in Texas are you moving to?

Craig73 Jun 13th 2009 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by jetbedlam (Post 7661696)
Thanks Craig :)

Just noticed that you're heading to Texas...where abouts in Texas are you moving to?

We're heading to Fort Worth, my fiancee starts Law School there in August :)

penguinbar Jun 14th 2009 6:24 pm

My husband got his K1 visa in June 2008. He mailed his checklist back the middle of April. He got a letter the first week if May that his interview would be the first week of June. It's also vacation time as well and as Mr. F had mentioned there can be a staff rotation so it might take a bit longer. I hope you haven't booked your tickets yet.

jetbedlam Jun 14th 2009 7:46 pm

Not booked anything yet luckily, was trying to be sensible and wait until I know for sure, but I have to give a months notice at my job so whenever my interview is that's going to add at least a month on and also wanted to spend some time with family for a week or so, so was really hoping for the interview in July in order to fit that all in and be able to move as planned in August (the end most likely), which would give me a couple months to organise wedding stuff. Just throws things out a bit if this doesn't go as planned...

Jane1961 Jun 14th 2009 7:53 pm

I followed a very similar timeline to Penguinbar, but this year....2009....returned the documents the 2nd week in April, interview appointment received in the first week of May for the 5th June......

Hope you hear soon

jetbedlam Jun 14th 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks guys...fingers crossed that something will come through in the next week or so for a July interview!

penguinbar Jun 15th 2009 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Jane1961 (Post 7664279)
I followed a very similar timeline to Penguinbar, but this year....2009....returned the documents the 2nd week in April, interview appointment received in the first week of May for the 5th June......

Hope you hear soon

My husbands interview was also June 5th! Must be a lucky day!

Craig73 Jun 15th 2009 9:46 am

I just called the Embassy and told them I sent my iv-15 with all documents 6 weeks ago (6 weeks 5 days)

The lady put me on hold, when she came back she said they couldn't find any of our info, nothing there :confused:

She told me to Email them, as I should have heard back in 2-4 weeks. I Emailed them, but they said it could take 4 days to hear back from them :frown:

penguinbar Jun 15th 2009 5:33 pm

Are you sur you were talking to someone at the embassy and not the call center in Scotland? Did you make copies of everything that you sent in?

jetbedlam Jun 15th 2009 6:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your response Craig, hopefully you'll get something better from the embassy themselves.

I phoned as well and they couldn't tell me much, they did confirm that they got my forms, but said nothing had been scheduled yet. They did also confirm that the change of address I sent in (I phoned and they told me I had to post it in) has either not been actioned or not been received so he gave me a code so I can email that in as it should have been done by now.

I've also asked for some more info on timescales in the same email (as suggested by the guy on the phone).

For info though, he said that once you've sent back the IV15 it is normal to wait up to 6 weeks for an interview letter and that the amount of time in advance of the interview can vary, its not necessarily going to be 1 months notice.