Harvey

Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Rant time. Insurance money still not paid, they have accepted inventory list but because of the many disasters everything has slowed down

New kitchen addition is progressing but yer again a lot of materials and fixtures are on back order because of the huge demand right now. Our contractor is leaving us for 3 weeks to work on a job he had scheduled before the storm. We knew it would happen so our camping out in one room with no finished kitchen or bathroom will continue for a while longer. Luckily we can spend weekends in Houston with the grandbaby and during the week it doesn't matter too much because we are at work. I just hate all the dust and mess and having to hunt through rubber containers to find any of the few possessions we still have when I need something.

Oh well probably won't need to worry about cooking for Thanksgiving this year, if the weather stays as hot as it is now we will probably be able to grill a turkey out in the back yard
Old Oct 20th 2017, 5:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Rant time. Insurance money still not paid, they have accepted inventory list but because of the many disasters everything has slowed down

New kitchen addition is progressing but yer again a lot of materials and fixtures are on back order because of the huge demand right now. Our contractor is leaving us for 3 weeks to work on a job he had scheduled before the storm. We knew it would happen so our camping out in one room with no finished kitchen or bathroom will continue for a while longer. Luckily we can spend weekends in Houston with the grandbaby and during the week it doesn't matter too much because we are at work. I just hate all the dust and mess and having to hunt through rubber containers to find any of the few possessions we still have when I need something.

Oh well probably won't need to worry about cooking for Thanksgiving this year, if the weather stays as hot as it is now we will probably be able to grill a turkey out in the back yard
As soon as they accepted the inventory list, a cheque should be issued. Then they're done with your claim and you can move on. Such arseholes. Fingers crossed for christmas!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
As soon as they accepted the inventory list, a cheque should be issued. Then they're done with your claim and you can move on. Such arseholes. Fingers crossed for christmas!
New request from insurance. They want a list of replacements. Errr, it's kind of hard to replace anything when you a) don't have the house fixed up yet and b) you don't have the money to replace it all.

Hitting head on wall time
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

New request from insurance. They want a list of replacements. Errr, it's kind of hard to replace anything when you a) don't have the house fixed up yet and b) you don't have the money to replace it all.

Can't argue with stupid. X
Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, stop. Don't on the wall. You'll only make a hole in the wall and add another thing to be repaired.

Don't you just hate catch 22 situations.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 2:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just what you need...insurance company playing games.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are they asking for a list of what has already been replaced or a list of what needs to be replaced. Didn't the inspector make a list of damages indicating what was needed to make the home as it was before ... habitable? Tell them to refer to that report and send them a copy of it as well.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Are they asking for a list of what has already been replaced or a list of what needs to be replaced. Didn't the inspector make a list of damages indicating what was needed to make the home as it was before ... habitable? Tell them to refer to that report and send them a copy of it as well.
He has the list of everything that was damaged. A lot of it was piled up outside the garage when he did the inspection and the rest he saw pictures of that were in the large dumpster we had rented. I had a list for him when he came to the house but he didn't want it. I had to wait until he sent me an email request for it. He has that, he now wants to know what we have replaced and so far it is a few work related clothes.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:35 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

SM Sorry it is still sucking. Reading this I was reminded that when I first arrived in Fl in 2004, my first temp job was with an insurance co in the wake of Charlie and 2 others. They hired temps to take claim calls , others to input info, and me, who spent all day every day printing checks for approved claims! I remember they struggled to get enough claims assessors on board, and a couple of them were "dodgy" and got fired quickly.

It was a smallish firm. I was there till my K1 work auth expired, and went back again 6 months later.

None of which helps you. Name & Shame the Insurance Co?

Pretty sure I remember my company would send interim checks for valid claims, and work out the final amounts later.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RICH
SM Sorry it is still sucking. Reading this I was reminded that when I first arrived in Fl in 2004, my first temp job was with an insurance co in the wake of Charlie and 2 others. They hired temps to take claim calls , others to input info, and me, who spent all day every day printing checks for approved claims! I remember they struggled to get enough claims assessors on board, and a couple of them were "dodgy" and got fired quickly.

It was a smallish firm. I was there till my K1 work auth expired, and went back again 6 months later.

None of which helps you. Name & Shame the Insurance Co?

Pretty sure I remember my company would send interim checks for valid claims, and work out the final amounts later.
The company is based in Florida

We did get a small up front check but it has gone on materials and contractor. Everything else we have paid for ourselves.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

He has the list of everything that was damaged. A lot of it was piled up outside the garage when he did the inspection and the rest he saw pictures of that were in the large dumpster we had rented. I had a list for him when he came to the house but he didn't want it. I had to wait until he sent me an email request for it. He has that, he now wants to know what we have replaced and so far it is a few work related clothes.

It is very frustrating how they drag things out a around twenty years ago our shop caught fire we lost a collection of motorcycles, very rare parts tools a total loss. They took months to settle thankfully our house was not affected or we would have been in rented accommodation for a long time. We finally complained enough to reach someone in authority who got things moving. His pathetic explanation was the adjuster was new at his job.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
It is very frustrating how they drag things out a around twenty years ago our shop caught fire we lost a collection of motorcycles, very rare parts tools a total loss. They took months to settle thankfully our house was not affected or we would have been in rented accommodation for a long time. We finally complained enough to reach someone in authority who got things moving. His pathetic explanation was the adjuster was new at his job.
A glimmer of hope today. Insurance called and said the adjustor has now submitted our claim and it is being prepared for finalization. We should receive payment in the next 10 days

So Thanksgiving is still going to be outside or at MacDonalds but hopefully by Christmas we will have a fully equipped home again..
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

A glimmer of hope today. Insurance called and said the adjustor has now submitted our claim and it is being prepared for finalization. We should receive payment in the next 10 days

So Thanksgiving is still going to be outside or at MacDonalds but hopefully by Christmas we will have a fully equipped home again..

About time too. A Texas Thanksgiving outside sounds like a good idea.

You are all sorted by Christmas.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thank goodness. Pleased that this part of it all is nearly finalised
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 4:55 am
Concierge

I won't make you and hubby eat outside but you are welcome to ride to MS along the Gulf Coast and come here to Thanksgiving. Got a room and en suite you can use for a few days and would love the company. And no, it is not just a kind offer on paper but a genuine offer, we would love to have you accept.

Glad to read of your good news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.