Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Lost Interest?

Harry Potter and the Lost Interest?

Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold
Default Harry Potter and the Lost Interest?

" Harry? Lord Voldemort just called and said the Horcruxes are under the flowerpot......."
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Potter and the Lost Interest?

Originally Posted by Chugabug
" Harry? Lord Voldemort just called and said the Horcruxes are under the flowerpot......."
Duh! Why didn't I look there????????

Actually I've lost interest as well but will go and see the film. The others were well made but I'm now re-reading the final book just to reacquaint myself with the goings on.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete

Actually I've lost interest as well but will go and see the film. The others were well made but I'm now re-reading the final book just to reacquaint myself with the goings on.
Have to admit I have enjoyed the films.....books.....CDs.........ok so I'm sitting here wearing a wizard's hat as we speak!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:12 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

This film is much better than the last two, it got my interest going again and I now plan to re-read the last book.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

I think I'm the only person left in the world who has neither read the books nor seen the films. Same with Lord of the Rings, I despised the books (couldn't get past the stupid names of the characters) so never saw the films either.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:04 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Derivative bullshit. Lord of the Rings or CS Lewis or GTFO.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Derivative bullshit. Lord of the Rings or CS Lewis or GTFO.
Well said Octang, makes me ashamed that I've applied to join this Quidditch team.

http://www.kansan.com/news/2010/nov/21/quidditch/
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:55 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

My son has grown up with these books and is an avid fan, now 17 he went to to the midnight showing on Thursday night (well Friday morning as it started at 12:01am ) and went again yesterday to watch it. For kids like him who have grown up reading the books, and watching every film, it will never get old.

I credit his interest in Harry Potter for helping developing his reading skills, and instill in him a love for reading. The books, and the subsequent films, have for him, been a big part of his childhood memories.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:26 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I credit his interest in Harry Potter for helping developing his reading skills, and instill in him a love for reading.
I always assumed that you started with those Your Baby Can Read! cards...

Harry Potter is full of **** and totally unbelievable, I mean, a ginger kid with 2 friends???
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9

Harry Potter is full of **** and totally unbelievable, I mean, a ginger kid with 2 friends???
Isn't that the purpose of fiction?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Nah, that's boring.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:47 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Nah, that's boring.
... yeah you're right... should have been Your Baby Can Read Harry Potter! cards...
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:50 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Isn't that the purpose of fiction?
suppose so, afterall, its about a ginger kid with 2 friends.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:23 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have enjoyed the movies and the books, and yes reread to see how disappointed I might or might not be comparing movie to book.

This one is supposed to be pretty dark but then it wasnt exactly a bright cheery experience. Some said might be too scary for little one.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:15 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well I have enjoyed the movies and the books, and yes reread to see how disappointed I might or might not be comparing movie to book.

This one is supposed to be pretty dark but then it wasnt exactly a bright cheery experience. Some said might be too scary for little one.
I took my daughter who is 8, she loves Harry Potter, I think I could recite the first 4 movies from memory she has watched them that many times. She wasn't scared, although there was 1 bit that made her jump (and me) so high she dropped her sweets. It all depends on what kind of kid you have though, I'm sure some kids would be scared by it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.