Florida shooting

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Speaking as the presumed whatsherface, it isn't going to happen but I agree that at this point it's the only way to stop the mass annual slaughter. Take away only some guns, and the people will turn to others. Having said that, a gradual approach to disarmament within the culture with a view to changing the underpinning idea that violence is the way we settle things is certainly much better than nothing.

I have had a loaded gun pointed at me in my own house by a very-much-former relative (and no, I have no idea what sort of gun it was) because he thought it was impressive and intimidating, I have hopped behind a tree outside in the street because two teenagers started shooting at each other, I was in a hardware store when it was held up at gunpoint, and two former classmates of my high-school-age son have just been arrested for shooting and killing another young man. 18 years old and now done.

There is no way to rationalize not taking action.
This is exactly the reason the NRA et al. are vehemently opposed to any changes. They see it as the thin end of the wedge. Much like Octang's cake meme.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking as the presumed whatsherface, it isn't going to happen but I agree that at this point it's the only way to stop the mass annual slaughter. Take away only some guns, and the people will turn to others. Having said that, a gradual approach to disarmament within the culture with a view to changing the underpinning idea that violence is the way we settle things is certainly much better than nothing.

I have had a loaded gun pointed at me in my own house by a very-much-former relative (and no, I have no idea what sort of gun it was) because he thought it was impressive and intimidating, I have hopped behind a tree outside in the street because two teenagers started shooting at each other, I was in a hardware store when it was held up at gunpoint, and two former classmates of my high-school-age son have just been arrested for shooting and killing another young man. 18 years old and now done.

There is no way to rationalize not taking action.
What action are you taking?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chawkins99
This is exactly the reason the NRA et al. are vehemently opposed to any changes. They see it as the thin end of the wedge. Much like Octang's cake meme.
At least he was honest and we know what we are up against.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
You're too much of a fruit loop to realize that you sound entirely too enthusiastic.

Gun owners on the internet come off as religious fanatics. Zealots who failed any statistics class that they may have taken.

It sounds obsessive compulsive. Neurotic. The gun is compensating for some other deeper deficiency.

If gun owners didn't seem so unhinged, then I would be more sympathetic. But you sound as if you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket, so I'm not.
No offense, but how many cliches can you pack into one post?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not armed nor do I advocate for them. I work for a charity which attempts to intervene in the lives of disadvantaged young people so they have options before they grow up into people who see no option but a violent lifestyle.

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

I am not armed nor do I advocate for them. I work for a charity which attempts to intervene in the lives of disadvantaged young people so they have options before they grow up into people who see no option but a violent lifestyle.

I am thinking of joining the NRA.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
Agreed.

My point is that the wedge needs driving. Too many dead people to justify anything else really.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:36 pm

I am thinking of joining the NRA.
Well at least it will keep you off the streets.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

At least he was honest and we know what we are up against.
What are you up against?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:10 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Lion in Winter, I just assumed you were a guy what with the Lion thing.

The whatsherface I was referring to is Dianne Feinstein.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

You might have seen floated around that the Florida house rejected a ban on AR-15s two days ago. It wasn't just AR-15s. It was a blanket ban on over 200 types of firearm, including .22s. Pretty much everything. There was no grandfather provision.
Magazines were deemed high capacity if they contained over 7 rounds.
Also, possession on a standard capacity - I mean, high capacity - magazine would be a class three felony.

Crazy. I've been perusing various pro-gun groups after the scripted CNN shriek-fest last night. Pretty much everyone is saying they won't comply. Learn from the polls.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
What are you up against?
Having said that, a gradual approach to disarmament within the culture

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Lion in Winter, I just assumed you were a guy what with the Lion thing.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

You might have seen floated around that the Florida house rejected a ban on AR-15s two days ago. It wasn't just AR-15s. It was a blanket ban on over 200 types of firearm, including .22s. Pretty much everything. There was no grandfather provision.
Also, possession on a standard capacity - I mean, high capacity - magazine would be a class three felony.

Crazy. I've been perusing various pro-gun groups after the scripted CNN shriek-fest last night. Pretty much everyone is saying they won't comply. Learn from the polls.
Does Dianne Feinstein operate in a Gun free zone, I assume she does, lead by example etc but could not find anything.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

NRA's Chris Cox falsely says Dianne Feinstein wanted to take 'all of your guns' | PolitiFact

They voted against debating anything. What are they scared of?

Yeh, how dare those people have such raw emotions after this school shooting.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Does Dianne Feinstein operate in a Gun free zone, I assume she does, lead by example etc but could not find anything.
Walk past her home in SF quite frequently... as do thousands of others every day because it's on the Lyon St steps. The house is alarmed, but you can literally walk up to the front door with your assault rifle.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Radiologist's view on the AR-15:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...utm_source=twb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.