Fitness...do you?

Old Nov 19th 2017, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Anyone know any good websites that sell decent priced weights and/or kettlebells?
Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Successful thanksgiving!

Only gained 2lbs, which is great considering I was eating 2 plates of big portioned Turkey dinner (turkey, cranberry, gravy, brown sugar and pecan sweet potatos, mashed potato, sprouts, stuffing) for every single meal from Thanksgiving, and still have it now.

The pup and I managed to break our 10k and 5k record time over thanksgiving break. The 10k was done on Friday, after snacks, crisps, a huge dinner and 3 pieces of caramel apple pie. The 5k was done of Saturday, after pretty much the same as what I ate on Thanksgiving day.

I somehow ran better and faster. Maybe the secret is turkey dinners?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I finally went back to the gym last night, for the first time in probably 6 weeks (it was before the Cubs' division series playoffs, so maybe even 8). I was smart though and deloaded way back. Not as far as suggested by the app, but to 95lbs for the squat and it didn't hurt. It felt 'easy' but that's good because I could theoretically jump up to 135 faster but I also have the option of staying light and concentrating on form again. The most important thing is I have little to no DOMS this morning so I should be able to run after work today.

Also, it's in the 50s today as well, so it'll be nice and mild for that too.

I'm still up 4-6 lbs overall from where I was in September though. Meh.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I finally went back to the gym last night, for the first time in probably 6 weeks (it was before the Cubs' division series playoffs, so maybe even 8). I was smart though and deloaded way back. Not as far as suggested by the app, but to 95lbs for the squat and it didn't hurt. It felt 'easy' but that's good because I could theoretically jump up to 135 faster but I also have the option of staying light and concentrating on form again. The most important thing is I have little to no DOMS this morning so I should be able to run after work today.

Also, it's in the 50s today as well, so it'll be nice and mild for that too.

I'm still up 4-6 lbs overall from where I was in September though. Meh.
Good job on going back to the gym

I'm glad you went smart, and deloaded further than you probably needed to, as you said, you'll soon get back up to where you were. Also, form is way more important.

Yeah, St Louis has somehow gone up to 60s this week so my runs are more comfortable.

4-6lbs will be easily lost when you get back into the swing of it
Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Good job on going back to the gym

I'm glad you went smart, and deloaded further than you probably needed to, as you said, you'll soon get back up to where you were. Also, form is way more important.

Yeah, St Louis has somehow gone up to 60s this week so my runs are more comfortable.

4-6lbs will be easily lost when you get back into the swing of it
Cheers. I actually didn't deload as far I was 'supposed' to. I was going off numbers it recommended from a week or two ago, but I really didn't think a 65lb squat would have done me any favors. 95lb is easy enough that I can concentrate on regaining correct form, but heavy enough that it feels like a decent workout without sacrificing myself to the grip of DOMS. For completion I had a 65lb OHP and a 135lb deadlift (I never go lighter than 135 on deads because it's too much hassle trying to find 10 or 25 lb bumper plates that aren't being used by someone to do power cleans ). The only thing I wasn't able to do was my normal 'cool down' mile on the treadmill because - midway through my first set of OHP I might add - my son called and said his hours were cut at work and he needed picked up early. I had it all timed that I'd be done just in time to pick him up at 10. Oh well.

Our 10 day forecast is looking nice - 40s and 50s across the board and little to no rain. I need to run on all my non-lifting days, even if it kills me. It's too good an opportunity to waste. Plus, it might suck this week and I'll be surprised if I get anything under 40 minutes, but after a week of lifting, my running always gets easier.

I need to have lost that 6lbs (ideally 10) before Christmas. We'll see how I get on.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

! will be Squashing today, sort of like this?

Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:21 pm
I have a comma problem

I've never played squash but it looks like you get a lot of running in from what I've seen.

Soccer's more my game anyway. Indoor season coming up soon
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Football?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:29 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Boiler
Football?
It would make it much easier if you used the quote button, but yes football. Soccer avoids confusion with the other kind of football, which I don't play.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

It would make it much easier if you used the quote button, but yes football. Soccer avoids confusion with the other kind of football, which I don't play.
Gaelic?

Australian Rules?

Rugby?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:32 pm
I have a comma problem

Gaelic?

Australian Rules?

Rugby?
The only one I play is the Cambridge Rules. Being deliberately difficult isn't in any way endearing, just so you know.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

The only one I play is the Cambridge Rules. Being deliberately difficult isn't in any way endearing, just so you know.
I forgive you.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:45 pm
I have a comma problem

I forgive you.
I often forget how strange you are.

Anyway, you have illustrated perfectly why I used the word 'soccer' instead of 'football', so there is that
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers. I actually didn't deload as far I was 'supposed' to. I was going off numbers it recommended from a week or two ago, but I really didn't think a 65lb squat would have done me any favors. 95lb is easy enough that I can concentrate on regaining correct form, but heavy enough that it feels like a decent workout without sacrificing myself to the grip of DOMS. For completion I had a 65lb OHP and a 135lb deadlift (I never go lighter than 135 on deads because it's too much hassle trying to find 10 or 25 lb bumper plates that aren't being used by someone to do power cleans ). The only thing I wasn't able to do was my normal 'cool down' mile on the treadmill because - midway through my first set of OHP I might add - my son called and said his hours were cut at work and he needed picked up early. I had it all timed that I'd be done just in time to pick him up at 10. Oh well.

Our 10 day forecast is looking nice - 40s and 50s across the board and little to no rain. I need to run on all my non-lifting days, even if it kills me. It's too good an opportunity to waste. Plus, it might suck this week and I'll be surprised if I get anything under 40 minutes, but after a week of lifting, my running always gets easier.

I need to have lost that 6lbs (ideally 10) before Christmas. We'll see how I get on.
That's a good workout, you know your body better than the app so good that you went with your instincts!

Keep us posted, and I'll try to help motivate you! Fingers crossed for you hitting the minimum of 6lbs lost

Ideally I'd like to drop weight so I can eat it back on over christmas, but I'm already light as it is and losign weight is tough for me. So I'll probably have to just pack on a couple of lbs of winter weight and lose it in January lol.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Maste
That's a good workout, you know your body better than the app so good that you went with your instincts!

Keep us posted, and I'll try to help motivate you! Fingers crossed for you hitting the minimum of 6lbs lost

Ideally I'd like to drop weight so I can eat it back on over christmas, but I'm already light as it is and losign weight is tough for me. So I'll probably have to just pack on a couple of lbs of winter weight and lose it in January lol.
I'm mildly annoyed with myself for stopping during the baseball instead of just going at a different time because I'd be over 2 plates on my squat now and at this rate I'll never hit 135lbs on bench press . I'm going to see how I progress this week and if I'm feeling strong enough I might jump ahead to 135 on squats again to get 'caught up'. I'll progress slower on OHP and bench but that's fine because I can't eat at a surplus at this point anyway. I'll try doing some bodyweight exercises on my run days as an accessory to the upper body lifts instead. Even bent knee pushups and some planking/hold are better than nothing.

But yeah, I need to lose 6-10 lbs before Christmas or I'm in danger of going back above 230 again, which is where I was when I started all this two years ago. Running is the key here to get my metabolism kick started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.