Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

British..but how much?

Wikiposts

British..but how much?

Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:46 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British..but how much?

Originally Posted by Moribundian
Could I ask the moderators to put an end to this nonsense? Read my posts, view my site: Inland Review - the work of a 'troll'?? I am 47 years old, and I find the views of expats interesting from a cultural viewpoint. In my short time here I have seen humour, compassion - and unfortunately a very small minority of defensively aggressive, smallminded buffoons using one-sentence agitation techniques. The real 'trolls' may not necessarily have a low post count. Grow up.
You should also expect your post to be hijacked and sent in 14 different directions. Sift through that sh!te and you'll get what you're after.

And to answer your question - about 10%. I don't really consider myself to be British. I was born in NZ, lived in England for the most part of my life before moving here. There aren't too many things I miss about good old Blighty. I'm making the most of what Colorado has too offer.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

aznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
and yet when the Muslims of Bradford don't want to assimilate, we think they should be deported.
Lived in Bradford have you? Where there are parks that you used to play in as a child are now no go areas because of the violent attacks on the native population by gangs of the nice folks who do not wish to assimilate but would rather form gangs and walk around with a chip on their shoulder. Where if you pass said youths on the sidewalk they will deliberately walk into you if they outnumber you and this gets worse everytime I go home.

And before you accuse me, no I am not racist, I spent around 10 years in London with a similar community who seemed to have no problem mixing with the locals and still retaining their culture.

It is not the whole of the muslim population in West Yorkshire, not by any means - it is mostly gangs of young males. The older population cause very few problems.

Anyway have a think about why people might like the area to be sans these troublemakers before you go making sweeping statements.

My nephew for one was beaten very badly by one of these innocent groups for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:21 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

I think you will find that our Expats who meet the criteria for "small-minded buffoons" are just teasing.

You called
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:44 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Could I ask the moderators to put an end to this nonsense? Read my posts, view my site: Inland Review - the work of a 'troll'?? I am 47 years old, and I find the views of expats interesting from a cultural viewpoint. In my short time here I have seen humour, compassion - and unfortunately a very small minority of defensively aggressive, smallminded buffoons using one-sentence agitation techniques. The real 'trolls' may not necessarily have a low post count. Grow up.

Just so you know, I looked at your website the other day and think that you have done a really nice job . You have also had a lot of posters give you legitimate answers to your original questions. Whenever you enter an open forum like this you will always get posts that you either don't agree with or just plain don't like but that is the nature of an 'open' forum, (plus the majority of the 'off topic' posts are generally pretty funny with only a few 'exceptions' to the rule)
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
(plus the majority of the 'off topic' posts are generally pretty funny with only a few 'exceptions' to the rule)
Yeah, some are freakin' hilarious.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:52 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
yeah and some send you blank karma...nice one jersey..
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah and some send you blank karma...nice one jersey..
Did I send you blank K?
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze
Just so you know, I looked at your website the other day and think that you have done a really nice job . You have also had a lot of posters give you legitimate answers to your original questions. Whenever you enter an open forum like this you will always get posts that you either don't agree with or just plain don't like but that is the nature of an 'open' forum, (plus the majority of the 'off topic' posts are generally pretty funny with only a few 'exceptions' to the rule)

yep i agree....i sent the op karma for the great website and pix, he has done a great job
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:09 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Could I ask the moderators to put an end to this nonsense? Read my posts, view my site: ?? I am 47 years old, and I find the views of expats interesting from a cultural viewpoint. .
So your a 47 yo tosser..nobody actually cares ..... but your site is well laid out ... bur we are inthe US and have very little interest in where you are ... although a few might ..
But you even failed to impress the dingo people ... so there is not much hope for you ...
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Did I send you blank K?
yep afraid so but the message was nice...tks
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

That is sooooooooooooo annoying I've tried again but of course now it says I can't give you anymore. We should be able to see how much K we have to give or instead of sending blanks it should prevent you from sending any.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

A few days ago I got sent 6 K's and half were blank.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

That is sooooooooooooo annoying I've tried again but of course now it says I can't give you anymore. We should be able to see how much K we have to give or instead of sending blanks it should prevent you from sending any.
It's all a plot to stir up discontent amongst us
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
It's all a plot to stir up discontent amongst us
I think you must be right.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:48 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

I know!, BE brightens my day, everyday without fail!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.