Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

British..but how much?

Wikiposts

British..but how much?

Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:49 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British..but how much?

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I never shoplift. Do you know how much those things weigh? How can you run away holding a 1000 ton shop or something? Nah!! You would get caught straight away. How could you fit it in the Mini Cooper??

Charley II may come along this year, lift your shop away and flush it too. Aren't we lucky to be living in FL ?

Apart from the scenery (i.e. hills) it beats living in North Staffs. any day.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:31 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: British..but how much?

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Charley II may come along this year, lift your shop away and flush it too. Aren't we lucky to be living in FL ?

Hurricane Season is such a delight, I do look forward to those high winds and driving rain They are talking about doing away with FEMA and replacing it with another useless organisation under the Department of Homeland (In)Security.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:46 am

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hurricane Season is such a delight, I do look forward to those high winds and driving rain They are talking about doing away with FEMA and replacing it with another useless organisation under the Department of Homeland (In)Security.
Just what we need, another level of bungling beaurocracy administered by cronies. That'll get the job done.

I prefer to rely on my cartel of excellent neighbours. None of us will ever move because the chance of randomly finding such a level of comradeship in another neighbourhood is slim to none.

Summer does have some advantages. It only rains in the late afternoon, for about 2 hours, and the swimming pool fills itself with warm water.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Is the OP a troll? He started this thread and has not posted since. Don't you think that's a little odd?
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Celsius
Is the OP a troll? He started this thread and has not posted since. Don't you think that's a little odd?
Perhaps he really is moribund. If he is actually living in and around Whitby he might have to trek to Lancashire to find an internet connection.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:19 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: British..but how much?

In 2004 Carol and I booked a Best Western Hotel in Key West, but before we could actually use it, the place was literally blown away by one of the 4 big hurricanes that year.

We phoned Best Western and asked them for our money back, but they just told us we had to phone the hotel directly and speak to someone. We just could'nt believe it. We just said tot Western, "What Part Of The Hotel Was Blown Away don't you quite understand"?

It took us overa year to get our money back. With any luck our trip to Key West won't be quite so eventful next month.

We are both looking forward to the trip, my first time to Key West.

Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

In 2004 Carol and I booked a Best Western Hotel in Key West, but before we could actually use it, the place was literally blown away by one of the 4 big hurricanes that year.

We phoned Best Western and asked them for our money back, but they just told us we had to phone the hotel directly and speak to someone. We just could'nt believe it. We just said tot Western, "What Part Of The Hotel Was Blown Away don't you quite understand"?

It took us overa year to get our money back. With any luck our trip to Key West won't be quite so eventful next month.

We are both looking forward to the trip, my first time to Key West.

If you'd paid by credit card which I assume you did, the CC company would have sorted it out for you. They would have credited your account as soon as you reported it to them.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:25 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

In 2004 Carol and I booked a Best Western Hotel in Key West, but before we could actually use it, the place was literally blown away ...
Did Orbitz ring you?
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Cool Re: British..but how much?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you'd paid by credit card which I assume you did, the CC company would have sorted it out for you. They would have credited your account as soon as you reported it to them.

We don't have credit cards, just debit cards. We told our bank about this, and they tried to intervene, but Best Western wanted a booking number which we could'nt find.

We finally got things straightened out last November, and they gave us a Free Room for our next booking, which we used for a trip earlier this year to St. Augustine.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have credit cards, just debit cards. We told our bank about this, and they tried to intervene, but Best Western wanted a booking number which we could'nt find.

We finally got things straightened out last November, and they gave us a Free Room for our next booking, which we used for a trip earlier this year to St. Augustine.
Sorry, never thought of debit card.

Have a good trip.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I never shoplift. Do you know how much those things weigh? How can you run away holding a 1000 ton shop or something? Nah!! You would get caught straight away. How could you fit it in the Mini Cooper??

Now you're being ridiculous
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Moribundian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Celsius
Could I ask the moderators to put an end to this nonsense? Read my posts, view my site: Inland Review - the work of a 'troll'?? I am 47 years old, and I find the views of expats interesting from a cultural viewpoint. In my short time here I have seen humour, compassion - and unfortunately a very small minority of defensively aggressive, smallminded buffoons using one-sentence agitation techniques. The real 'trolls' may not necessarily have a low post count. Grow up.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Moribundian
Could I ask the moderators to put an end to this nonsense? Read my posts, view my site: Inland Review - the work of a 'troll'?? I am 47 years old, and I find the views of expats interesting from a cultural viewpoint. In my short time here I have seen humour, compassion - and unfortunately a very small minority of defensively aggressive, smallminded buffoons using one-sentence agitation techniques. The real 'trolls' may not necessarily have a low post count. Grow up.
I know you live in North Yorkshire but for goodness sake, don't be so sensitive.

It is extremely unusual for an OP not to repost in a three-day period. 101 replies and 1,425 views - you should be happy with that lot to research.

A forum is historically a place for discussion, not dictation.

I think you will find that our Expats who meet the criteria for "small-minded buffoons" are just teasing. The small minded people never left home.

Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I think you will find that our Expats who meet the criteria for "small-minded buffoons" are just teasing.
No I wasn't
Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:20 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find that our Expats who meet the criteria for "small-minded buffoons" are just teasing. The small minded people never left home.
A few slipped through the net i'm afraid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.