British Born Baby, brought into the states

Wikiposts

British Born Baby, brought into the states

Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Elliott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Born Baby, brought into the states

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You need to think 20 years from now... when they find themselves a nice UK friend and want to settle down. Much easier not having to deal with immigration, don't you think?

Ian
i agree Ian but at $200 a pop to register a kid with the consulate, a bit steep i think.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elliott
i agree Ian but at $200 a pop to register a kid with the consulate, a bit steep i think.
44 years later, I still haven't forgiven my mum. You've been warned. :P
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leedsbird
Thank you for everyone's advice.

I was unaware of such limitations of the 3 month clause on the NHS, however since moving here under the advise of my father i have been paying on a yearly basis National insurance. Since i am still not able to use the NHS. i assume thier are no such limitations going private?

Perhaps i will have to have my family come here. i really just wanted to be with my whole family instead of just mother and i had hoped my child would be British.
As pointed out, your child will be British if you have British citizenship through birth in Britain (or naturalization there). Aside from the fact that legally speaking you won't be eligible for free NHS treatment, you would be taking the risk, however small, that your baby may have medical needs that preclude their "return" to the US on a timely basis. Are you prepared for this eventuality and is your partner ok with this?

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 18th 2008 at 10:33 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Elliott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
44 years later, I still haven't forgiven my mum. You've been warned. :P
I'm wanting to do it but not right now, maybe in a year or so. It would be great to give them options