Reload this Page >

British Born Baby, brought into the states

Wikiposts

British Born Baby, brought into the states

Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

leedsbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Born Baby, brought into the states

I am a British citizen with a permanent residency for the states. My husband is a usc.

We are planning to go to England to have our baby, so that i can be with my family. technically the baby will be a British citizen.

Will we have problems bringing the baby back to the us? will we have to go through the immigration process again? or will it just be a dual citizen?

Any help would be truly helpful! i really want to have my baby in england with my family.

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:25 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Born Baby, brought into the states

Originally Posted by leedsbird
I am a British citizen with a permanent residency for the states. My husband is a usc.

We are planning to go to England to have our baby, so that i can be with my family. technically the baby will be a British citizen.

Will we have problems bringing the baby back to the us? will we have to go through the immigration process again? or will it just be a dual citizen?

Any help would be truly helpful! i really want to have my baby in england with my family.

Thanks
wonder how much the NHS will charge you for that?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:28 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leedsbird

Thanks

Provided -- prior to the birth of the child -- the father had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen...

the child is also a US citizen.

Apply for a US consular record of birth, passport and social security number at the US consulate. Details will be on the US citizen services page.

The child should enter the US with their US passport.

Read richw.org/dualcit for issues that may arise for US dual citizens.
There are no issues from the UK government.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
wonder how much the NHS will charge you for that?
You're probably not kidding.

If the OP has been gone more than 3 months, and is not returning for permanent residence, she is not entitled to free care by the NHS.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym

If the OP has been gone more than 3 months, and is not returning for permanent residence, she is not entitled to free care by the NHS.
bingo
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Easily solved -- permanent residence is a state of mind!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:21 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by fatbrit
well permanent residence is more a state of ones parents address.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeah, she can say so, and I suppose the docs might not check up.

You approve?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:23 pm
Septicity

Well yeah, she can say so, and I suppose the docs might not check up.

You approve?
I really don't care! I believe health care is a human right....so I would be going against one of my major beliefs if I were to argue otherwise.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:25 pm
@matthewb76

You approve?
I do and I don't

I approve that the Docs will be more concerned with the welfare of the mother and child than where the checks coming from.

I disapprove of health tourism yes. it's just not cricket.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really don't care! I believe health care is a human right....so I would be going against one of my major beliefs if I were to argue otherwise.
Hmm. OK, fair enough.

So it'd be ok with you then, if everyone that could get over there, from whatever country, traveled to the UK and used the NHS for free?

And I would personally consider it free to them, if they had never paid taxes to fund it.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do and I don't

I approve that the Docs will be more concerned with the welfare of the mother and child than where the checks coming from.

I disapprove of health tourism yes. it's just not cricket.
Most ppl I know who became ob-gyn or pediatricians do care here I think - it isn't the biggest money maker at all.

So I have to disagree with you - I think most in those specialties do it for the love of it.

Surgeon - cardiologist - more of an argument there imo.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:35 pm
@matthewb76

Most ppl I know who became ob-gyn or pediatricians do care here I think - it isn't the biggest money maker at all.

So I have to disagree with you - I think most in those specialties do it for the love of it.

Surgeon - cardiologist - more of an argument there imo.
I think you took my post too literally.

UK hospitals are not used to asking people to provide proof of residency or the ability to pay or other such nonsense.

They'll presume she's entitled to care and just look after her and send her on her way.

they don't really care......... and I doubt they'd question why a chick with a broad yorkshire accent would be having a baby in Leeds.

they'll only think it's odd she's older than 16 and married.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think you took my post too literally.

UK hospitals are not used to asking people to provide proof of residency or the ability to pay or other such nonsense.

They'll presume she's entitled to care and just look after her and send her on her way.

they don't really care......... and I doubt they'd question why a chick with a broad yorkshire accent would be having a baby in Leeds.

they'll only think it's odd she's older than 16 and married.
LOL re. the 16

I could well imagine the hospital wouldn't check.

Presume she'd have to fly back well in advance though - wouldn't she need to register with a GP?

As for my opinion on the matter - I dunno. If you paid taxes for years and years... seems fair I suppose, even if not technically correct. If you've been gone for years and years, dunno.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

She is entitled to emergency treatment courtesy of the NHS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.