Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:25 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We'd been better off if everyone had stuck to rocks.
That would get my vote!!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Kamikaze's were an act of desperation, but the fact that the Japs were able to make that moral jump is whats important here. I think.

Poverty can help you across that road, but there has to be something in your inner make-up which allows you to go there.

All I'm saying is that some races/peoples are more able to make that leap than others.

The English walked into machine gun fire in WW1, we also walked into cannon and musket in rank and file in America and Europe. That's because we are able to be disciplined and basically downright stubborn as a race.
The Russians did the same thing in the face of German guns in WW2. Over and over again, over the bodies of their comrades. Because they had an incredible capacity to endure suffering and they did not value life as we did.

The crazies in the Middle East have another angle. Religious and cultural zeal. They may be impoverished - but do they want Cadillacs, Range Rovers and swimming pools?
Surely they just want the infidel dead?
Because he is invading their culture and soil?

Philosophy overload.
You made some good points and I fully agree that cultural differences are in play.BTW,Americans would much rather use smart bombs than put life and limb at risk.But republicans take it to another level.Many of them rather risk "your" kid in war than their own.Guess they figured out the best way to fight a war they believe in?
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:45 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
You made some good points and I fully agree that cultural differences are in play.BTW,Americans would much rather use smart bombs than put life and limb at risk.But republicans take it to another level.Many of them rather risk "your" kid in war than their own.Guess they figured out the best way to fight a war they believe in?
I'm getting mine the hell out of this country if they ever enact the draft. We'll go to Canada or Australia or Mars or somewhere.

Can we talk about bacon, beans and bread again now?
Old Jun 9th 2008, 2:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Xebedee
I'm getting mine the hell out of this country if they ever enact the draft. We'll go to Canada or Australia or Mars or somewhere.

Can we talk about bacon, beans and bread again now?
Sounds like a tasty idea.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

It looked up on me .... didn't think my views were that extreme
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

Here's who you side with on the issues

Foreign Policy Chuck Baldwin (60%)
o Iraq
Your Position: All troops should be removed from Iraq immediately
Candidates who support this position: Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr
Learn more about Iraq
o Iran
Your Position: Iran is not a real threat, and we should not worry about them in that regard
Candidates who support this position: Chuck Baldwin
Learn more about Iran
o North Korea
Your Position: We should open direct talks
Candidates who support this position: Barack Obama
Learn more about North Korea
o Israeli/ Palestinian Conflict
Your Position: This is none of our business and we should stay out of it
Learn more about Israeli/ Palestinian Conflict
o Darfur
No candidates match your position.
Learn more about Darfur
National Security Bob Barr (50%)
o Domestic Surveillance
Your Position: This is illegal without court approval of individual instances
Candidates who support this position: John McCain, Ralph Nader, Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr
Learn more about Domestic Surveillance
o PATRIOT Act
Your Position: I supported the Act originally but no longer
Candidates who support this position: Bob Barr
Learn more about PATRIOT Act
o Border Security
Learn more about Border Security
o Defense Spending
Learn more about Defense Spending
Economy Bob Barr (80%)
o National Debt/Deficit
Your Position: The debt/deficit should be brought down by reducing spending
Learn more about National Debt/Deficit
o Taxes/Fiscal Policy
Your Position: Income tax should be replaced with an alternative tax (flat tax or progressive sales tax)
Candidates who support this position: Bob Barr
Learn more about Taxes/Fiscal Policy
o Free Trade
Your Position: We should pursue further free trade opportunities
Candidates who support this position: John McCain
Learn more about Free Trade
o Campaign Finance Reform
Your Position: The McCain-Feingold law should be altered or repealed because it unfairly restricts business from donating to campaigns while leaving other entities unrestricted
Learn more about Campaign Finance Reform
o Estate Tax
Your Position: The estate tax should be repealed so that families can collect inheritance without penalty
Learn more about Estate Tax
Social & Healthcare McCain / Nader (44%)
o Resident Illegal Immigrants
Your Position: Illegal immigrants in good standing should be offered a path to citizenship after meeting rigorous requirements
Candidates who support this position: John McCain, Barack Obama, Ralph Nader
Learn more about Resident Illegal Immigrants
o Social Security
Your Position: Individuals should be allowed to invest social security money in a private account if so desired (defined contribution)
Candidates who support this position: John McCain, Bob Barr
Learn more about Social Security
o Abortion
Your Position: People should be able to choose whether or not they have an abortion
Candidates who support this position: Barack Obama, Ralph Nader
Learn more about Abortion
o Affirmative Action
Your Position: Affirmative action programs - programs which prioritize access to education or employment for minority groups - should be discontinued
Learn more about Affirmative Action
o Same-Sex Marriage
Your Position: We should permit same-sex marriage
Candidates who support this position: Ralph Nader
Learn more about Same-Sex Marriage
o Capital Punishment
Your Position: Criminals should not be sentenced to death under any circumstances
Candidates who support this position: Ralph Nader
Learn more about Capital Punishment
o Net Neutrality
Your Position: All Internet traffic should be treated equally
Candidates who support this position: Barack Obama
Learn more about Net Neutrality
o Gun Regulation
Your Position: There should be no additional gun control regulation
Candidates who support this position: John McCain, Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr
Learn more about Gun Regulation
o Healthcare Coverage
Your Position: Economic incentives should be created for people to manage their own healthcare via tax cuts and cost reductions
Candidates who support this position: John McCain, Chuck Baldwin
Learn more about Healthcare Coverage
Science & Environment Ralph Nader (67%)
o Stem Cell research
Your Position: Federal funding of embryonic stem cell research should be permitted
Candidates who support this position: Barack Obama, Ralph Nader
Learn more about Stem Cell research
o Global Warming
Learn more about Global Warming
o Arctic Drilling (ANWR)
Your Position: Drilling for oil should be permitted in remote Alaskan territory
Candidates who support this position: Ralph Nader, Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr
Learn more about Arctic Drilling (ANWR)
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.politopia.com/index.htm

another quiz i like it better =-)
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
http://www.politopia.com/index.htm

another quiz i like it better =-)
Hi there Mike

Not trying the quiz - sorry, I don't do anything like that if it needs my email.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:26 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Hi there Mike

Not trying the quiz - sorry, I don't do anything like that if it needs my email.
Just type [email protected] (maybe wilma in your case) or eff_off_you_spamming_bastards@im_sick_of_you_all.b iz or whatever takes your fancy.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Just type [email protected] (maybe wilma in your case) or eff_off_you_spamming_bastards@im_sick_of_you_all.b iz or whatever takes your fancy.
PMSL ok, I'll give that a try - I thought sometimes they verify it's a valid email first.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

i put in the Email Addy .

[email protected]
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, so I'm centrist - what I'd figured.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

My answers for the new ones

The Goverment Should ??

E. Abolish the minimum wage and only enforce labor contracts.

E. Privatize the public school system and allow competition to improve education.

E. Repeal laws prohibiting possession, sale, and use of drugs.

E. Abolish penalties and excise taxes, leaving people to take responsibility for their own safety.

E. Not be involved in retirement saving or healthcare provision.

D. Allow, but regulate, the sale of sexual services.

E. Rely solely on private charity to provide aid to the poor.

E. Eliminate subsidies, tax breaks, regulations, and tariffs -- eliminate corporate welfare.

E. Make no restrictions regarding speech or the press.

E. Cut taxes to a level approaching 0%.

E. Allow all peaceful immigrants into the country. (i would just want them to learn the English )

E. Stay out of the affairs of developing countries.

Generally speaking people are...

A. responsible and resilient

Which word would you use in describing your political position to a friend?

F. Libertarian

If the Election was today u would want to vote for ..

H. Ron Paul

and i end up in the Northwest .

The Northwest is a region with a large degree of economic and personal freedom. People in this region are referred to as classical liberals, libertarians, market liberal, old whigs, objectivists, propertarians, and anarcho-capitalists.

hanging out with Ayn Rand and Drew Carey
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:08 pm
Banned

Why McCain should be considered!!

Vote for McCain and let him fight wars against Iran and north Korea and anyone else who has a opposing opinion to what republicans want to do.

Vote for McCain and prove that voters in America are nearly as demented as Johnny boy.

Vote for McCain and prove that Bush is not our dumbest president.

Vote for McCain and prove that another admited C- student canidate can rise above his poor performance in school to get elected to the highest job in the world.

Vote for McCain and say to the world we don't like electing our more qualified citizens.

Vote for McCain and admit to our self that we can be fooled not once by Bush but twice by Bush and now McCain!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why McCain should be considered!!

Vote for McCain and let him fight wars against Iran and north Korea and anyone else who has a opposing opinion to what republicans want to do.

Vote for McCain and prove that voters in America are nearly as demented as Johnny boy.

Vote for McCain and prove that Bush is not our dumbest president.

Vote for McCain and prove that another admited C- student canidate can rise above his poor performance in school to get elected to the highest job in the world.

Vote for McCain and say to the world we don't like electing our more qualified citizens.

Vote for McCain and admit to our self that we can be fooled not once by Bush but twice by Bush and now McCain!!
If you don't like him that fine but you seem demented . There reason not to vote for all the candidates but what you say is either un true or childish .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.