Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:03 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone STILL set on voting for McCain

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually it doesn't. However, there is not one candidate running that I feel that I would cast my vote for. I do not like, nor trust even 1%, anyone of the candidates being offered. I will not vote for a "dream" nor will I vote for "continued war".

I will have to live with whomever the electoral college puts into office but they will not have my input. Actually thinking about the election 7 years ago, the EC didn't think about the voters' perference either.

Very dillusioning to have two candidates running for top office. One hasn't a clue or a hope of doing what he dreams he can do nor a plan to implement change and the other whose main objective seems to restrain the rights of Americans and if he can't do that, he will kill off the young men and women who might one day produce a president worth electing.
Its not the safe bet to give up on living your life just because our choices are not what we want nor should you give away your voice because change is difficult.Its wiser to play a role in taking a stand, by putting forth your two cents, and for what ever that turn out to be worth at least you can say you tried to be a person of influence.

Remember,Nazis didn't get control over Germany because of all the people who wanted to support Hitler.It was the quiet majority who were emotionally detached, or those who saw crimes against Jews but felt that crime would not visit the other people of Germany,is why Hitler came to power.

African Americans did not gain their freedom in America because of just the will of Black Americans.It was the pressure from the world community and all the good people in America that helped to change the United States.I would never want to surrender to indifference! Having said all that,I can understand how some people do become cynical about life and everything surrounding it.Just hope it never happens to me
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:05 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Remember,Nazis didn't get control over Germany because of all the people who wanted to support Hitler.It was the quiet majority who were emotionally detached, or those who saw crimes against Jews but felt that crime would not visit the other people of Germany,is why Hitler came to power.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:10 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it is a easy example!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Bob Barr 42%
Chuck Baldwin 39%
Barack Obama 37%
Ralph Nader 32%
John McCain 29%

Which is ironic cause I might vote for McCain.
hmmm McCain - is he the guy that invented Oven Chips?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:25 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks OP for doing a different and open political thread for a change

Very interesting..I know here I am an independent, so not too surprised -

Bob Barr (L) 37%
Chuck Baldwin (c) 31%
John McCain 27%
Ralph Nader 23%
Barack Obama 21%
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:44 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i skipped a few as i wasnt sure i understood the full background of the question and didnt want to answer incorrectly.

nader 35%
obama 24%
barr 10%
baldwin 6%
mccain 4%
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:40 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Nader 62%
Obama 51%
McCain 29%
Baldwin (who he?) 15%
Barr 14%
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:46 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually it doesn't. However, there is not one candidate running that I feel that I would cast my vote for. I do not like, nor trust even 1%, anyone of the candidates being offered. I will not vote for a "dream" nor will I vote for "continued war".

I will have to live with whomever the electoral college puts into office but they will not have my input. Actually thinking about the election 7 years ago, the EC didn't think about the voters' perference either.

Very dillusioning to have two candidates running for top office. One hasn't a clue or a hope of doing what he dreams he can do nor a plan to implement change and the other whose main objective seems to restrain the rights of Americans and if he can't do that, he will kill off the young men and women who might one day produce a president worth electing.
Not voting at all is what got us in the predicament we are in the first place. He may not be your perfect candidate but do vote for the lesser of two evils. I'm sure there are millions out there that didn't want Bush or Kerry in office but would have voted Kerry in IF they voted for the lesser of two evils.

Never settle for what the Electoral College gives you. Exercise your right/privilege. Not one candidate is perfect anyway. As we saw in Florida in the year 2000, single votes do count. Don't waste it.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:48 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

President Obama 53%
Ralph NaeChance 41%
John McSame 17%
Bob Barr 8%
Chuck Hairpiece 4%
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:50 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
As we saw in Florida in the year 2000, single votes do count.
Well, only when they count them
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:58 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Obama 61%
Ralph Nadar 44%
John McCain 30%
Bob Barr 16%
Chuck Baldwin 11%
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Obama 41
Nader 28
Barr 25
Baldwin 21
McCain 21
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:34 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Nader 41%
Obama 39%
Baldwin 25%
Barr 10%
McCain 7%

Kinda wish Hillary was still listed just so I could see how much I dislike her. Got to remember it's a very right-or-wrong type test - low percentages are to be expected.

Last edited by AdobePinon; Jun 7th 2008 at 6:36 am.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Not voting at all is what got us in the predicament we are in the first place. He may not be your perfect candidate but do vote for the lesser of two evils. I'm sure there are millions out there that didn't want Bush or Kerry in office but would have voted Kerry in IF they voted for the lesser of two evils.

Never settle for what the Electoral College gives you. Exercise your right/privilege. Not one candidate is perfect anyway. As we saw in Florida in the year 2000, single votes do count. Don't waste it.

Thank you. I am fully aware of the ramifications of NOT voting. I have exercised my voting privilege for the last 42 years in all elections and primaries. Unfortunately, I do not honestly feel that there is a candidate, at present, that I would vote for that would allow me to feel comfortable with my decision. Will this change in the future? I don't know. I will be paying very very close attention to all speeches, etc. of both candidates but if it stands as it does at present, my decision not to vote will remain.

Who knows, perhaps this is the year a candidate like Nader will win by default.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Thank you. I am fully aware of the ramifications of NOT voting. I have exercised my voting privilege for the last 42 years in all elections and primaries. Unfortunately, I do not honestly feel that there is a candidate, at present, that I would vote for that would allow me to feel comfortable with my decision. Will this change in the future? I don't know. I will be paying very very close attention to all speeches, etc. of both candidates but if it stands as it does at present, my decision not to vote will remain.

Who knows, perhaps this is the year a candidate like Nader will win by default.
Don't know what State you're in Rete, but here in Maryland there is always a write in, and you can at least put 'none of the above'.

Also, even if you don't vote for Pres, how about the other offices further down the ticket - Congress etc. Not voting measn you won't get a say for any of them either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.