Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Oh no, there is outside influence - the giant space goat. I read about it from Fat Bloke down the pub, so it must be true...
Where does that leave kimilseung and his flying spaghetti monster, then
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
Sultanof Swing= Sultan of Brunei??
Go check his back yard and if you find 7,000 cars you're probably right!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Where does that leave kimilseung and his flying spaghetti monster, then
Eaten by the goat - they'll eat anything and everything, you know...

And when they take a cr@p, well, it's a 'darkness in to light' event - a whole new universe...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:29 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Eaten by the goat - they'll eat anything and everything, you know...

And when they take a cr@p, well, it's a 'darkness in to light' event - a whole new universe...
The Big Plop.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:29 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

We're having "end of days" drinks on Thursday (but just because it's our friends birthday, and it's an excuse for a party).

I don't believe in astrology or predictions or any of that stuff. BUT when I was traveling, I was in a hostel and having a drink in the bar. This guy came up, I had him pegged as the resident drunk, harmless but a bit irritating, and he proceeded to talk at me for some time.

He started banging on about the world changing, huge shifts in the tectonic plates, New Zealand will move up, Australia will move down, the lost city of Atlantis will be uncovered etc. All of this will happen in 2031.
I was just brushing it off, and he finished his diatribe, he looked at me and said, yeah, hope your shoulder gets better, I can see the light around your shoulder showing me your injury.

He pointed to my right shoulder.

I had a reoccurring shoulder injury, but you couldn't tell from the outside, no scars, no deformity (I've had it pinned aback together since so there is now surgury scars), but at the time he had no way of knowing.

That night, I wrote down what he'd said just in case.

Last edited by Trixie_b; Dec 18th 2012 at 4:37 am.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:39 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
We're having "end of days" drinks on Thursday (but just because it's our friends birthday, and it's and excuse for a party).

I don't believe in astrology or predictions or any of that stuff. BUT when I was traveling, I was in a hostel and having a drink in the bar. This guy came up, I had him pegged as the resident drunk, harmless but a bit irritating, and he proceeded to talk at me for some time.

He started banging on about the world changing, huge shifts in the tectonic plates, New Zealand will move up, Australia will move down, the lost city of Atlantis will be uncovered etc. All of this will happen in 2031.
I was just brushing it off, and he finished his diatribe, he looked at me and said, yeah, hope your shoulder gets better, I can see the light around your shoulder showing me your injury.

He pointed to my right shoulder.

I had a reoccurring shoulder injury, but you couldn't tell from the outside, no scars, no deformity (I've had it pinned aback together since so there is now surgury scars), but at the time he had no way of knowing.

That night, I wrote down what he'd said just in case.
Oh for the love of Vishnu. Not even the mainstream crazies have said anything about 2031. Sounds like he's mixed up the BS about a polar shift (which is not going to happen) with the asteroid Apophis, which is set to pass Earth in 2029 and 2036.

Then he made a lucky guess about your shoulder. You could have a 'tell' that betrays your injury for all you know. You can spend the next 20 years worrying about a bunch of nonsense if you like, but I fear it will be time wasted
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:06 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for the love of Vishnu. Not even the mainstream crazies have said anything about 2031. Sounds like he's mixed up the BS about a polar shift (which is not going to happen) with the asteroid Apophis, which is set to pass Earth in 2029 and 2036.

Then he made a lucky guess about your shoulder. You could have a 'tell' that betrays your injury for all you know. You can spend the next 20 years worrying about a bunch of nonsense if you like, but I fear it will be time wasted
I've thought about the "tell", but it's never been mentioned in the 20 years prior (It got worse in the following year or 2 after re-injuring it and I needed the surgery)
I wrote down what he said just as a point of interest, the good news was that he did say that it wouldn't be the end of the world so just make sure you have some good flood / earthquake insurance in 2031, just in case.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:12 am
I have a comma problem

I've thought about the "tell", but it's never been mentioned in the 20 years prior (It got worse in the following year or 2 after re-injuring it and I needed the surgery)
I wrote down what he said just as a point of interest, the good news was that he did say that it wouldn't be the end of the world so just make sure you have some good flood / earthquake insurance in 2031, just in case.
A barfly may be many things, but one thing they do tend to be is quite adept at observation. He could have been watching you for quite a while before he approached you and made a lucky connection.

The kind of things he was talking about though; entire continents moving - that is something that happens over millions of years. A blink of an eye geologically, but not something that would happen all of a sudden one day. Plate tectonics does not work like that.

Time is linear. The future hasn't happened yet so it cannot be predicted. The 100% failure rate of every single end of the world prediction tends to back me up here
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:30 am
Are we there yet?

The 2nd picture is what we found on our front lawn on "rapture day" 2011
Attached Thumbnails Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???-theend.jpg   Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???-rapture-2011.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:31 am
I have a comma problem

The 2nd picture is what we found on our front lawn on "rapture day" 2011
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Astrology? Utter bollocks. Do me a favour
I wasnt trying to patronise you at all, I'm really not a person that, because you done this to me i will try to do that to you, type person. Thats rather silly. I think more like the other way around with your above comment.

Look, bottom line, dont mock somebody for their beliefs, everybody is entitled to their beliefs. I'm not the only person who has said in my first post about changes. I think you have misinterpreted what I meant maybe
I didnt mean we are all going to go to bed on Friday and wake up on saturday being different people. I meant subtle changes are happening over time with everybody, I am concerned about what food my daughter has in her lunch box, Ive just gone shopping at a store and purchased new items and donated them to the Salvation army for kids at christmas. Would I have cared about these things years ago? probably not. But I do now. AND Im not the only person to have the attitude of 'just because it doesnt affect me I wont bother' The very thing I am talking about is on another thread where i think nearly everybody wants something to be done about gun control! these are the kind of things people are caring about today that they didnt neccessarily care about yesterday.
And of course if you want to argue with scholars and scientists and people in their field educated to the highest level go right ahead.
But dont mock somebody for their beliefs. and Just so that you know theres no hard feelings. Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:33 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
I wasnt trying to patronise you at all, I'm really not a person that, because you done this to me i will try to do that to you, type person. Thats rather silly. I think more like the other way around with your above comment.

Look, bottom line, dont mock somebody for their beliefs, everybody is entitled to their beliefs. I'm not the only person who has said in my first post about changes. I think you have misinterpreted what I meant maybe
I didnt mean we are all going to go to bed on Friday and wake up on saturday being different people. I meant subtle changes are happening over time with everybody, I am concerned about what food my daughter has in her lunch box, Ive just gone shopping at a store and purchased new items and donated them to the Salvation army for kids at christmas. Would I have cared about these things years ago? probably not. But I do now. AND Im not the only person to have the attitude of 'just because it doesnt affect me I wont bother' The very thing I am talking about is on another thread where i think nearly everybody wants something to be done about gun control! these are the kind of things people are caring about today that they didnt neccessarily care about yesterday.
And of course if you want to argue with scholars and scientists and people in their field educated to the highest level go right ahead.
But dont mock somebody for their beliefs. and Just so that you know theres no hard feelings. Merry Christmas!
I didn't mock you - I mocked astrology, which is demonstrably pure bollocks.

You then went on to mention a bunch of social changes/desires for change that have absolutely nothing to do with the 2012 hoax and certainly nothing to do with a bunch of non-scientific mumbo jumbo which is just as misleading and damaging as religion, if you ask me.

No offence, but when I see stuff like this:

Originally Posted by you ...
Most sensible people know by now, how planets etc affect us and how we are inadvertently affected by thjuJuem. i.e starsigns etc and so on and so forth
... I can't just ignore it. You obviously don't know how stars and planets work, otherwise you wouldn't have posted that little gem ...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:44 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

I laugh when the unscientific claim to have scientific knowledge. It's a bit like pop musicians casually quoting Nietzsche out of context.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

... I can't just ignore it.
No but I can, so I'll leave you with the last words, you obviously feel better for it.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:51 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by JRG67
I laugh when the unscientific claim to have scientific knowledge. It's a bit like pop musicians casually quoting Nietzsche out of context.
It's sort of like when the unfunny pretend to be comedians, isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.