Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I guess it's time to move on to the significance of Benedict being the last pope predicted by Nostrodamus.
Oh ****, I forgot about the retards who believe in that bloody charlatan *sigh*
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh ****, I forgot about the retards who believe in that bloody charlatan *sigh*
Oh yes! .... And there was the prediction circulating in the 1980's that the "motherland" (presumed to be France) would be invaded by the "eastern bear" (presumed to be Russia) through Spain! .... So, the interpretation was that Russia would invade the Middle East, take north Africa, and then head into western Europe via Spain. So how accurate did that prophecy turn out to be?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The trick with apocalypse hoaxes is to make it sound just believable to be true yet in fact having something so woefully inaccurate that no one bothers to look it up. For example I just made this one up...

Did you know that there is only one Friday the 13th in 2013! Doomsday is coming September 13th 2013!!!!

Actually there are two, another one follows in December but people are too lazy to look it up before passing it on so hopefully this one will spread soon and keep us on our toes until then.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes! .... And there was the prediction circulating in the 1980's that the "motherland" (presumed to be France) would be invaded by the "eastern bear" (presumed to be Russia) through Spain! .... So, the interpretation was that Russia would invade the Middle East, take north Africa, and then head into western Europe via Spain. So how accurate did that prophecy turn out to be?
If I was a Russian bent on the takeover of Europe - that's how I'd do it.

Going through France would probably be easier, on reflection
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:42 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

One of my friends believes in "prophecy." Not any specific prophecy, just "prophecy." All prophets are true ones, because they're "gifted prophets." Yeah.

I asked her last week how she planned to reconcile the Pope rotation of Malachy (not Nostradamus) and the December 21 "end of the world," given that the events in Malachy's vision, and the events in the last prophecy of Bernadette Subirous, haven't happened yet. (I manfully refrained from asking her if she paid this month's rent.) She said, and I quote, "All things come to pass in ways we don't understand." Uh huh.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Going through France would probably be easier, on reflection

That said, as of now, the Russians would be hard pushed to invade my backyard if they were camped next door, never mind take on the "might"* of the French army!

* They might fight, ..... oooor they might not.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Speedwell
....... She said, and I quote, "All things come to pass in ways we don't understand." Uh huh.
By which she presumably meant " .... in ways which I don't understand."
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:49 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'd stop off and trek around the Cathars' neck of the woods.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a football club?

Last edited by sir_eccles; Dec 21st 2012 at 3:04 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:06 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The trick with apocalypse hoaxes is to make it sound just believable to be true yet in fact having something so woefully inaccurate that no one bothers to look it up. For example I just made this one up...

Did you know that there is only one Friday the 13th in 2013! Doomsday is coming September 13th 2013!!!!

Actually there are two, another one follows in December but people are too lazy to look it up before passing it on so hopefully this one will spread soon and keep us on our toes until then.
As such events seem to be occuring with increased regularity, I wonder if there is a business opportunity for apocalypse memorabilia?

Though as I think the concept through...
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:20 pm
I have a comma problem

That said, as of now, the Russians would be hard pushed to invade my backyard if they were camped next door, never mind take on the "might"* of the French army!

* They might fight, ..... oooor they might not.

Oh aye, great job they're doing of taking over Europe this year
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:40 pm

When I used to worry about Russia fighting the Middle East it never occured to me that that might happen on a football pitch in the UK!
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:23 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticgrid
As such events seem to be occuring with increased regularity, I wonder if there is a business opportunity for apocalypse memorabilia?

Though as I think the concept through...
http://www.cafepress.com/+end-of-the...ntent=search-b

The ones specific to each apocalypse are printed to order so no left over stock - anyone remember the only fools and horses episode when they had some "free Nelson Mandela" t shirts and they amended them with a hand written "he is" and a ","?

Last edited by Trixie_b; Dec 21st 2012 at 4:28 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:50 pm

Well, we're heading into the evening, GMT time, and all seems well with the world, based on the view from my window. So maybe, just maybe, the Mayans weren't quite so knowledgable about the path of the universe after December 21, 2012, after all?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Well, we're heading into the evening, GMT time, and all seems well with the world, based on the view from my window. So maybe, just maybe, the Mayans weren't quite so knowledgable about the path of the universe after December 21, 2012, after all?
They never claimed to be. All that happened from their point of view was that the 13th calendar round came to and end, and the 14th one would then start.

A bunch of empty headed woo-woos in the second half of the 21st century stumbled across this (being a date in the near future conveniently) then added a bunch of astrological hokum and assorted spiritualistic ****twattery into the mix.

Hapless twunts ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.