2020 Election

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by dc koop
Nice thought but it wont happen. Best scenario. Don't add to existing stockpiles or any further research into even deadlier missiles.
Begs the question how do you un invent something and no the US did not invent it anyway.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
That's the end of Kamala. They're starting to drop like flies now. Not too soon either.
Who else has dropped recently? I thought we were going in the other direction, now Bloomberg has entered!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:10 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Who else has dropped recently? I thought we were going in the other direction, now Bloomberg has entered!
Sestak and Bullock dropped out over the weekend.

I think John Delaney started his 2024 bid *really* early.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zargof
Sestak and Bullock dropped out over the weekend.

I think John Delaney started his 2024 bid *really* early.
and nobody cared.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody else polling above 0% has dropped out recently . Hopefully Harris will have encouraged a few more to go ahead and do so.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 12:17 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
and nobody cared.
I cared...
Old Dec 4th 2019, 12:43 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

What it might just come down to is, just how badly or well these minority communities are doing economically by next year. One can't deny the economy is doing 'well' under Trump, regardless of who deserves credit for it. Whether this good economy is helping these communities or not is an entirely different matter.
Trump is his own worse enemy and he doesn't have a clue how to appeal to a multi-ethnic society nor does he want to. It is his belief that there are enough conservative white voters to win re-election to out number Democrat and Independent voters, and any possible shortfall could be made up by using dirty backroom deals like blackmailing people like the desperate Ukraine president to manufacture phony information on Trump's political opponents.

Trump thought the way he has done dirty deals in NY business for years would go unnoticed in Washington, and for that crazy thinking he will forever be known as a impeached President for the history books. But more important than his thought process is how little he understand the American mentality for authenticity and kindness. Had Trump came out and campaigned for the votes of Hispanics, Asians, Jews, Muslims and African Americans by going to their place of worship by going into their neighborhoods and appealing to their concerns and needs Trump could have won a larger percentage of those voting blocks. He instead referred to Hispanics as rapist, and called Muslims terrorist and the list goes on and on. And that explains why Trump won less minority votes in 2016 than Mitt Romney despite the fact that many minorities stayed home. It's safe to say based on the 2018 and 2019 elections with record level participation that those groups will not stay home in 2020.

Trump has poked the bear by denigrating and demonizing those groups and to add fuel to the fire Trump has done everything in his power to do the same to women voters. George W. Bush was not the best in the leadership skills department(nothing like his father who was a great leader) but even he knew you can't expand you number of voters by attacking them constantly while constantly committing crimes to either steal or void out their vote. See Ukraine and Russia. So that anger is what Trump will be dealing with in 2020. Angry voters that care more about their families and their core beliefs than anything Trump might have done to continue the Obama recovery from the great recession. Those groups are historically reliable voters for the Democrat party and Trump made zero inroads with them in 2016 and every president running for a second term ALWAYS lose voter support in their second run for office which explain the importance of voter out reach and appealing to new voters.

So here we are a bed Trump has made for himself. And that bed explains why Trump is well aware why he needed to try and steal the 2020 election by using the Ukraine president to hurt Joe Biden. There is a tidal wave out there waiting for Trump. Go to your neighborhood barbershops and grocery stores and hear the on going conversation. I take my children to barbershops that cater to a diverse group of people. Trust me the anger and motivation is real!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 1:07 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond a doubt black and Hispanic Americans must have done better under Trump. The problem with Trump is that instead of reaching out to Hispanic voters with the intention of attracting them to the Republican party he has alienated them. Unlike most black voters who blindly vote for the Democrats in every election and still end up with nothing to show for their support Hispanics are still disposed to vote Republican if they believe it's the better alternative.... or let me say they once were. But that can be changed if the Republicans are smart enough to see that and what needs to be done.
Hispanics are a lost voting block to my Republican party for generations if we're lucky, longer if Trump's damage continues. The Republican party is not exactly appealing to Hispanic voters by putting their children in cages like animals. Nor does the Republican party look like a big tent party by labeling Hispanic men rapist that spend their every waking moment seeking ways to attack white women. So I'm not exactly sure what appealing qualities that Hispanics would be drawn to. I tell people quite often to stop listening to the talking points of Republican and Democrat politicians and spent time with the people. Hispanics like all other minority groups view the Republican party as the racist party. Just look at California where you live. Every seat held by Republicans in Congress has been lost to Democrats because Trump has made the party toxic in the view of minorities. Don't take my word just look at the polls.

Name me one President in a good economy with Trump's low poll numbers?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:20 am
Account Closed

MSNBC is putting Kamala's departure down to Racism and Sexism, no mention I have seen of Russia or the Patriarchy. So far.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:57 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Hispanics are a lost voting block to my Republican party for generations if we're lucky, longer if Trump's damage continues. The Republican party is not exactly appealing to Hispanic voters by putting their children in cages like animals. Nor does the Republican party look like a big tent party by labeling Hispanic men rapist that spend their every waking moment seeking ways to attack white women. So I'm not exactly sure what appealing qualities that Hispanics would be drawn to. I tell people quite often to stop listening to the talking points of Republican and Democrat politicians and spent time with the people. Hispanics like all other minority groups view the Republican party as the racist party. Just look at California where you live. Every seat held by Republicans in Congress has been lost to Democrats because Trump has made the party toxic in the view of minorities. Don't take my word just look at the polls.

Name me one President in a good economy with Trump's low poll numbers?
The children of Hispanic voters are not being put in cages unless the laws of citizenship have changed and every asylum seeker who crosses the border is handed a" right to vote in elections" certificate by a member of the Border Patrol. Trump like all past Republican Presidents is just another occupant of the White House for four or maybe eight years . He wont leave his mark on the party. The party can adapt to changing times and changing demographics. Don't believe that the citizen Hispanic voters have been bought and paid for by the Democrats. It might surprise you to know than there are many who are fed up with illegals taking their jobs for lesser pay and getting all the freebies especially in California that they themselves worked so hard for and to become US citizens. Many of them are not particularly thrilled by some of the liberal views of the Democrats either. Polls more often than not don't mean squat. They can change quite often over months. Hillary should be able to tell you that for a fact

Somehow I don't see Hispanics ending up following the traditional voting trends of black voters. Those voters in largely black districts who election after election keep sending their black Democrat representative to Washington for yet another term in what turns out to be yet another lost hope that somehow conditions in their areas will improve.

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 4th 2019 at 5:35 am.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:07 am
Banned

MSNBC is putting Kamala's departure down to Racism and Sexism, no mention I have seen of Russia or the Patriarchy. So far.
Harris couldn't figure out how to be a three dimensional candidate showing personality while be well informed. She came off as a prosecutor 24/7 and that in my opinion was the fault of her team. Even Barack had to learn how to be less professor and more balanced and he got better as time moved forward during his campaign. Harris did not.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:54 am
Banned

The children of Hispanic voters are not being put in cages unless the laws of citizenship have changed and every asylum seeker who crosses the border is handed a" right to vote in elections" certificate by a member of the Border Patrol. Trump like all past Republican Presidents is just another occupant of the White House for four or maybe eight years . He wont leave his mark on the party. The party can adapt to changing times and changing demographics. Don't believe that the citizen Hispanic voters have been bought and paid for by the Democrats. It might surprise you to know than there are many who are fed up with illegals taking their jobs for lesser pay and getting all the freebies especially in California that they themselves worked so hard for and to become US citizens. Many of them are not particularly thrilled by some of the liberal views of the Democrats either. Polls more often than not don't mean squat. They can change quite often over months. Hillary should be able to tell you that for a fact

Somehow I don't see Hispanics ending up following the traditional voting trends of black voters. Those voters in largely black districts who election after election keep sending their black Democrat representative to Washington for yet another term in what turns out to be yet another lost hope that somehow conditions in their areas will improve.
I agree with you that Hispanics don't vote as solidly Democrat as African Americans and for good reason. Hispanics are not a single group with a shared history in America like African Americans. The closest group to that similarity is Jewish and Muslim voters. But Trump seem to be trying to turn Republican Hispanics into Democrats or Independents by caging Hispanic children. I will not repeat what I've been told by Hispanic Independent voters about Trump, but safe to say it was memorable and scary. I will say that Hispanics don't vote at the same numbers of African American voters but they are a large block of voters.

Trump is killing the Republican party's ability to do outreach and it is generational. All it takes is a horrible party leader and that can cause a large group of voters to switch their support to a different party. It has happened several times in history. Hispanic voters in California were once more evenly split between the two major parties but after the then governor Pete Wilson created laws against the Mexican American community, that killed Republican support among that ethnicity group in that state. Younger voters of every demographic tend to be more progressive in their thinking. You can't appeal to these young people by hating gays, minorities and just about everyone on the planet like Trump does. But hey, maybe you're right, maybe they and all these other groups will break with current trendlines from 2018 and 2019 elections and support Trump. I don't see it happening but you could be right. I will say that young Cubans that normally support Republicans in south Florida are not happy with Trump and I think that is a canary in the coal mine indication.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Dec 4th 2019 at 8:57 am.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Does he have a point in stating that the NATO countries must pay their fair share of defence costs? It seems cock eyed that 30 years after the cold war ended that US Forces are still the main bulwark of defence in Europe.

The wealthy countries of the EU need to step up to the plate and take over the bulk of the cost.
I just have to wonder how much could be done for everyone in the US if the money that is being spent by the US to bolster Europe's defences could be otherwise used for civilian purposes here.

Your off your bloody head !!!
The GOP don't give a flying duck about Joe Public
There still waiting on some movement over the massive Infrastructure Bill that was part off his Election Manifesto !
Not heard or seen a word about it ,since his fat arse entered the WH
He & his family are doing AOK , as too the rest -uck em!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Trump is his own worse enemy and he doesn't have a clue how to appeal to a multi-ethnic society nor does he want to. It is his belief that there are enough conservative white voters to win re-election to out number Democrat and Independent voters, and any possible shortfall could be made up by using dirty backroom deals like blackmailing people like the desperate Ukraine president to manufacture phony information on Trump's political opponents.

Trump thought the way he has done dirty deals in NY business for years would go unnoticed in Washington, and for that crazy thinking he will forever be known as a impeached President for the history books. But more important than his thought process is how little he understand the American mentality for authenticity and kindness. Had Trump came out and campaigned for the votes of Hispanics, Asians, Jews, Muslims and African Americans by going to their place of worship by going into their neighborhoods and appealing to their concerns and needs Trump could have won a larger percentage of those voting blocks. He instead referred to Hispanics as rapist, and called Muslims terrorist and the list goes on and on. And that explains why Trump won less minority votes in 2016 than Mitt Romney despite the fact that many minorities stayed home. It's safe to say based on the 2018 and 2019 elections with record level participation that those groups will not stay home in 2020.

Trump has poked the bear by denigrating and demonizing those groups and to add fuel to the fire Trump has done everything in his power to do the same to women voters. George W. Bush was not the best in the leadership skills department(nothing like his father who was a great leader) but even he knew you can't expand you number of voters by attacking them constantly while constantly committing crimes to either steal or void out their vote. See Ukraine and Russia. So that anger is what Trump will be dealing with in 2020. Angry voters that care more about their families and their core beliefs than anything Trump might have done to continue the Obama recovery from the great recession. Those groups are historically reliable voters for the Democrat party and Trump made zero inroads with them in 2016 and every president running for a second term ALWAYS lose voter support in their second run for office which explain the importance of voter out reach and appealing to new voters.

So here we are a bed Trump has made for himself. And that bed explains why Trump is well aware why he needed to try and steal the 2020 election by using the Ukraine president to hurt Joe Biden. There is a tidal wave out there waiting for Trump. Go to your neighborhood barbershops and grocery stores and hear the on going conversation. I take my children to barbershops that cater to a diverse group of people. Trust me the anger and motivation is real!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 10:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Rather ironic given her slow political death was kickstarted by Tulsi Gabbard tearing her to shreds on national television.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.