2020 Election

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

and the country being closer to civil war than we have ever seen before
Um.... closer to civil war than during, I don't know, the actual Civil War? Doubtdul.

Please think before you post, or at least read a little on the subject, because you continue to come across as a completely uneducated, conspiracy driven, historically ignorant kook.

Then what happens will be interesting, the infighting could be spectacular.
My concern is Biden losing 'on the night' and then winning after all mail in ballots are counted. The right will go berserk, and Trump will claim that it's being rigged and try to stop the counts.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
My concern is Biden losing 'on the night' and then winning after all mail in ballots are counted. The right will go berserk, and Trump will claim that it's being rigged and try to stop the counts.
I think it’s more likely that Trump will win either way but that counting won’t be completed by the time a decision is needed and a whole new ‘stolen’ election narrative will be created for the next four years.

Regardless of the exact scenario I think it’s pretty safe to assume that the whole thing is going to drag on well past 3 November.

Last edited by BritInParis; Sep 2nd 2020 at 12:34 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:32 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Um.... closer to civil war than during, I don't know, the actual Civil War? Doubtdul.

Please think before you post, or at least read a little on the subject, because you continue to come across as a completely uneducated, conspiracy driven, historically ignorant kook.
They are pointing guns at the each other in the streets and shooting one another over politics and turning on one another with a president driving the violence for his own ends. I don't ever remember seeing anything like this before in my lifetime in America even the LA riots. We didn't see to much here in UK on news at ten just buildings burning and king getting beaten by the police. Trump is going on about Portland and democrats and what he is going on about. But in that democratic ran city which he seems to hate. I remember reading in the NY Daily News I think it in 2014 or 2015 might even have been 2013 but there was 1 summer when there wasn't a murder the whole summer in Portland not one and now Portland has been like this for 3 months.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
I know because he is going to win again despite everything that is going on with the corona, unemployment, black lives matter and the country being closer to civil war than we have ever seen before all stoked up by a president's rhetoric of hate.
you’ve changed your tune. Not long ago you said Biden would win...now you are saying Trump will win. I’ve told you this before and I will say it again...a lot can happen in US politics between now and Election Day. Do not rule anyone out or in!
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:51 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

People are free to vote anyway they decide of course but question.

Why do they not just run the polling stations 24 hours a day for as many days as they can before election day. And use more locations then they have ever used before so people can vote in person without the long lines being as long they usually would be? Which might help to get people to vote in person and allay fears over queuing for the polling stations too long with this coronavirus. And also counter any problem with postal voting which might arise.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
you’ve changed your tune. Not long ago you said Biden would win...now you are saying Trump will win. I’ve told you this before and I will say it again...a lot can happen in US politics between now and Election Day. Do not rule anyone out or in!
I must confess I did not see trump getting his boost in the polls from the convention which he got. Biden and Harris did come out strong, I thought he was down and out but he has really bounced back and even holds national lead according to some polls though that could change.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Do not rule anyone out or in!
Could we just have a dog? Please?
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:34 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

They are pointing guns at the each other in the streets and shooting one another over politics and turning on one another with a president driving the violence for his own ends. I don't ever remember seeing anything like this before in my lifetime in America even the LA riots. We didn't see to much here in UK on news at ten just buildings burning and king getting beaten by the police. Trump is going on about Portland and democrats and what he is going on about. But in that democratic ran city which he seems to hate. I remember reading in the NY Daily News I think it in 2014 or 2015 might even have been 2013 but there was 1 summer when there wasn't a murder the whole summer in Portland not one and now Portland has been like this for 3 months.
Portland has had 24 murders this year, one of which was demo related. I bet most people could not name any of the other victims or their circumstances.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Portland has had 24 murders this year, one of which was demo related. I bet most people could not name any of the other victims or their circumstances.
There have been 497 murders in Chicago this year so far, 10 just this last weekend. None to do with BLM protests.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
would certainly be a better choice than the two clowns who are running...
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 2:01 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

People are free to vote anyway they decide of course but question.

Why do they not just run the polling stations 24 hours a day for as many days as they can before election day. And use more locations then they have ever used before so people can vote in person without the long lines being as long they usually would be? Which might help to get people to vote in person and allay fears over queuing for the polling stations too long with this coronavirus. And also counter any problem with postal voting which might arise.
These are all good suggestions. However, there’s one major practical problem with opening more polling stations, for longer hours. Lack of available volunteers. Certainly in New York, and I think nationally, most volunteers are retired - many in their 80s. My wife is a volunteer poll official, and in our county, you have to commit to a fifteen hour shift. Many volunteers are regretfully having to withdraw - they are in the vulnerable age group.

So, it’s fewer polling places, not more. Hence the move toward early voting and postal voting. (Early voting in NY is at the county board of elections, which is staffed by paid workers, so volunteers not needed.)
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Biased against cats are we?
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Biased against cats are we?
Cats are a load of anarchists. Not to be trusted.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
And that figure is high isn't it for the city? The highest for a few years? And don't murders usually go up in the summertime the so called summer heatwave theory. Yet for one summer the city had no murders at all not one not even a domestic. Seattle again not many killings and new york has had less 1 a day in some years and that despite mass killings by crazy homeless people that you can't prevent. So what is Trump going on about Democratic cities and democratic mayors for. Those cities until this at least came along seem to be doing pretty well at least on crime.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234
These are all good suggestions. However, there’s one major practical problem with opening more polling stations, for longer hours. Lack of available volunteers. Certainly in New York, and I think nationally, most volunteers are retired - many in their 80s. My wife is a volunteer poll official, and in our county, you have to commit to a fifteen hour shift. Many volunteers are regretfully having to withdraw - they are in the vulnerable age group.

So, it’s fewer polling places, not more. Hence the move toward early voting and postal voting. (Early voting in NY is at the county board of elections, which is staffed by paid workers, so volunteers not needed.)
Maybe in this election you pay people in the counties or states or districts to commit to the 15 hour shifts or 8 or 12 hour shifts if you going to run 24 hours a day for a week lets say. I am sure they are plenty of people who would be grateful for the work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.