2020 Election

Old Jul 31st 2020, 5:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

This one was a tad long IMO
Old Jul 31st 2020, 8:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Pray your votes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYT...ature=youtu.be
Old Aug 1st 2020, 12:17 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

It appears the Trump campaign has pulled all their television ads as of today because they are being very ineffective against Joe Biden.

Apparently selling uncle Joe as a scary none law abiding candidate is not convincing anyone.

I think Trump should use some of that money to start the hiring process finding a moving company.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 9:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
It appears the Trump campaign has pulled all their television ads as of today because they are being very ineffective against Joe Biden.

Apparently selling uncle Joe as a scary none law abiding candidate is not convincing anyone.

I think Trump should use some of that money to start the hiring process finding a moving company.
I saw an attack ad yesterday showing Biden lie to a heckler ages ago, saying his IQ was probably far higher because he had 3 degrees... and he doesn't. When the clutch is slipping on his train of thought (dog faced pony soldier) I wonder why the ads aren't effective? The one I saw was fairly damning.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 9:31 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353

They have to push Biden as having senile dementia it is the only card trump has to play. Trump needs to get his supporters to start chanting what day is it! what day is it!. But even that might be too little too late. Then again he was in trouble in 2016 and won.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I saw an attack ad yesterday showing Biden lie to a heckler ages ago, saying his IQ was probably far higher because he had 3 degrees... and he doesn't. When the clutch is slipping on his train of thought (dog faced pony soldier) I wonder why the ads aren't effective? The one I saw was fairly damning.

History, Political Science (double major) and Law, I don't suppose that is three degrees to a party who reject science?...
Bragging about his IQ is, in an Englishman's eyes, very poor taste but he's hardly the village idiot.
What I don't understand is why the disability brigade aren't up in arms over Republicans who take the mickey out of someone who has been long documented as having a stutter, they kicked up enough fuss when Trump did the whole 'fliddy' arms thing.

Last edited by zzrmark; Aug 1st 2020 at 10:55 am.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 11:25 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem Donald has in his slap-shot effort in redefining Biden is twofold. People already know who Vice President Biden is because he was in the White House for 8 years and those were very productive and drama free years.

But more than that, Biden looks really good in most voter's eyes compared to Trump who has killed an economy that took 8 years to rebuild.
What campaign ad can Trump put on TV that is going to make swing voters forget a deadly pandemic which Trump personally has made much worse, and an economy that is on life support because Trump is a horrible CEO? That is the reason why Trump is forced to pull his campaign ads.

All these negative campaign tactics were used against Obama unsuccessfully because they don't work when the target candidate is already defined and the public know who that person is. Trump's only hope is voter suppression but even with that he is behind the 8-ball. Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin were all ran by Republican governors in 2016. Voter suppression is extremely effective when you control that state's government. All three states are now ran by Democrats. When that state's governor is popular and he/she is calling Trump an extremist that helps to defuse all Trump's efforts.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 11:49 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by zzrmark
History, Political Science (double major) and Law, I don't suppose that is three degrees to a party who reject science?...
Bragging about his IQ is, in an Englishman's eyes, very poor taste but he's hardly the village idiot.
What I don't understand is why the disability brigade aren't up in arms over Republicans who take the mickey out of someone who has been long documented as having a stutter, they kicked up enough fuss when Trump did the whole 'fliddy' arms thing.
I tried looking on youtube, but finally found the incident on politifact, (didn't realise it was almost 3 months old).
What is poor taste in an Englishman's eyes is neither here nor there; some on here with extensive educations and professional careers still don't know their ass from page four yet mention what great schools they went to, and the disparity in academic standards can't be that great. If the ad makes untrue statements, and has been around for 3 months, why am I just seeing it on US national networks now?
https://www.politifact.com/article/2...dens-academic/
Old Aug 1st 2020, 12:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It will work on Trump supporters. But everybody else has seen the orange turd doing much worse, much more often. Knowing everything you know, after seeing that ad, would you be moved to vote for Trump?
Old Aug 1st 2020, 12:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen the Republicans mock his stutter specifically. If he's going to make his career largely dependent upon public speaking then I don't think he can cry foul when people scrutinize his ability to speak publicly --- and Biden doesn't. The reporter was mocked for something that was personal to his physical body and had nothing to do with his ability to do his job --- it was gratuitous and gross.

George W Bush tripped all over his words and the Democrats (and the world) ridiculed him, yet he was elected twice. We were told (during the two GWB administrations) that his speech patterns most likely reflected a type of dyslexia and/or speech impediment but it is an American pastime to scrutinize and mock politicians public speech.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 12:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Leslie
It will work on Trump supporters. But everybody else has seen the orange turd doing much worse, much more often. Knowing everything you know, after seeing that ad, would you be moved to vote for Trump?
I'm the guy that wants to hang them all for being Russian spies, remember? Middle of the Skyway Bridge, live stream it, and party at zzrmark's place.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will be interesting to see what happens, not sure Biden has the official nod yet and whilst most people do not seem that interested the few comments I have hear relate to the VP pick, not sure in prior elections most people were that aware who the VP pick was.

Might be reasonable to assume that the Dem VP will have a much more prominent position than would be normal.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the guy that wants to hang them all for being Russian spies, remember? Middle of the Skyway Bridge, live stream it, and party at zzrmark's place.
You need to get a move on then, I'll be in that bastion of tolerance and liberal thought commonly referred to as South Carolina by the time it's turkey throttling season. Next week suits me well.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'll be in that bastion of tolerance and liberal thought commonly referred to as South Carolina by the time it's turkey throttling season.
I may have flown over it on the way to Florida, not sure... I remember looking down and wondering what the civil war looked like. I passed over all that history in less time than it takes to watch the movie.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may have flown over it on the way to Florida, not sure... I remember looking down and wondering what the civil war looked like. I passed over all that history in less time than it takes to watch the movie.
Well stuff happened, presumably you have seen Glory, but probably not on that flight.

Alfred P. Aldrich, a South Carolinian politician from Barnwell, stated that declaring secession would be necessary if a Republican candidate were to win the 1860 U.S. presidential election, stating that it was the only way for the state to preserve slavery and diminish the influence of the anti-slavery Republican Party, which, were its goals of abolition realized, would result in the "destruction of the South":

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.