2020 Election

Old Jun 25th 2020, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
When fellow Conservatives are raising money and putting up this kind of ad against a President in their own party, you know something has to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5TiyJ7JWRE
That is one strong message; really resonates with me!
Old Jun 25th 2020, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I have historically felt that the VP nomination was a very unimportant decision, but this time, I see Biden as a potential figurehead and whoever is VP will have a stronger role. Biden could well kick the bucket or be declared incapacitated, or whatever, early into his presidency and thus the VP candidate has to be a good one! So this time, I'm paying more attention and I do hope it is Harris.
The fact that Biden is seemingly making his choice earlier than is customary indicates he feels the same way. Honestly, I am not sure whether I want Harris. She had a pretty unimpressive campaign, and has baggage from her time as DA in San Francisco and Attorney General for California. Isee her more as a likely US Attorney General than I do Vice President.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 12:05 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I have historically felt that the VP nomination was a very unimportant decision, but this time, I see Biden as a potential figurehead and whoever is VP will have a stronger role. Biden could well kick the bucket or be declared incapacitated, or whatever, early into his presidency and thus the VP candidate has to be a good one! So this time, I'm paying more attention and I do hope it is Harris.
I have to 100% agree with you. Harris is one of those rare candidates that combines multiple constituencies into one and that will be an additional benefit in the fall election. And she will be extremely difficult to beat when running in the first slot as President.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 12:19 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

That is one strong message; really resonates with me!
This is my personal favorite of theirs:

Old Jun 26th 2020, 12:56 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Is it too late for Andrew Cuomo to get the gig. Not perfect, but measured and sensible, based on his daily pressers , which I caught most of wfh.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Just South of Atlanta, and it does feel like there is a bit of a swing, with a combination of recent events and a lot of Transplanted residents in the Burbs of Atlanta. Reckon it will be one cycle too early though, but maybe provide a bit of fun on Election night. The impact of the three surrounding States on the Covid numbers may come into play as well.

At the National level, I get a sense that a Cartoon Character could run against Trump right now and win. Most of the reasons people voted for him are now reasons to not vote for him because of the situation/context of this Election. But, there is that nagging doubt. I think Biden is unlikely to turn people in the Rust Belt to vote against their usual patterns as Hilary managed to do though.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
Just South of Atlanta, and it does feel like there is a bit of a swing, with a combination of recent events and a lot of Transplanted residents in the Burbs of Atlanta. Reckon it will be one cycle too early though, but maybe provide a bit of fun on Election night. The impact of the three surrounding States on the Covid numbers may come into play as well.

At the National level, I get a sense that a Cartoon Character could run against Trump right now and win. Most of the reasons people voted for him are now reasons to not vote for him because of the situation/context of this Election. But, there is that nagging doubt. I think Biden is unlikely to turn people in the Rust Belt to vote against their usual patterns as Hilary managed to do though.
I've read several articles like this one, but this particular one does give some reason to hope.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/26/213035...lection-losing

Basically, back in 2016, a lot of people were willing to say 'why not give him a try?'. But now, he's had his try. He did manage to preside over a healthy economy for some time, and whether deserved or not, that kept him in favor. But now ... I can't see a lot of people overlooking his failures as a leader. The current leadership vacuum must surely be seen by all. I can't bear to watch Fox News much, but even they can't hide the bigger issues.

But - still 5 months to go ...
Old Jun 27th 2020, 3:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trump's main hope is Biden, OK he is not Hillary and does not have her issues, if the Party can basically hide him as long as possible, he would be his own worst enemy if let out in public.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
The fact that Biden is seemingly making his choice earlier than is customary indicates he feels the same way. Honestly, I am not sure whether I want Harris. She had a pretty unimpressive campaign, and has baggage from her time as DA in San Francisco and Attorney General for California. Isee her more as a likely US Attorney General than I do Vice President.
I don't think it is that much earlier. July-August is convention season and the pick needs to be in by then so the delegates can do the process.

A quick search, Kerry picked Edwards on 6 July; Obama picked Biden on 23 August; Gore picked Lieberman on 7 August; Bush picked Cheney on 26 July; McCain picked Palin on 29 August; Romney picked Ryan on 12 August; Clinton picked Kaine on 22 July.

So anywhere from mid-July on, would be normal.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
From where I'm sitting (in Georgia BTW, not navel gazing from another state like yourself) it's just pis*ing a lot of people off.
Ditto for Florida. It's not waking up the people UKWinds wants it to wake up.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Ditto for Florida. It's not waking up the people UKWinds wants it to wake up.
True, but Florida does have a large unknown in the next election in that the electorate will have a large number of ex-cons eligible to vote for the first time, whether a significant number of them will is another matter.
Never-Trumpers have not shifted and, it seems, nor have pro-Trumpers who remain as staunchly invested in him, if not more so, than when they put him there in 2016. I don't seem to meet any middle of the road wavering types but if I were one I would probably keep stum in most debates as I'd get my head bitten off whichever way I looked.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 5:57 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I don't seem to meet any middle of the road wavering types but if I were one I would probably keep stum in most debates as I'd get my head bitten off whichever way I looked.
Yes, it's a characteristic of the true believer that hatred of the 'don't know' far exceeds that of the heretic, I guess it's because the 'don't know' indicates a reasoned rejection of the 'evident truth of the argument' whereas the opponent can be readily dismissed as a lost cause.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

CNN opinion piece says these 3 women should be in running for VP. Kamala Harris, Val Demings, Susan Rice.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/opini...hen/index.html

At 77 years old, if former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, wins the 2020 presidential election, he would be the oldest person ever elected president, surpassing President Donald Trump who set that mark in 2016 at age 70.

FFS America and the Democrats is this all you can come up with even with a population of over 350 million.
Old Jun 28th 2020, 12:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Trump's main hope is Biden, OK he is not Hillary and does not have her issues, if the Party can basically hide him as long as possible, he would be his own worst enemy if let out in public.
I'll be amazed if he's not somehow swapped out before the election. What could that sequence of events look like?
Old Jun 28th 2020, 1:28 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I'll be amazed if he's not somehow swapped out before the election. What could that sequence of events look like?
It doesn’t work that way!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.