2020 Election

Old Mar 15th 2020, 7:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Hiro11
To the left wing posters above, please understand that to me (important editor's note: MY OPINION, NOT FACT) the "left wing media" (supplemental editor's note: I hate this kind of ad hominem, blanket-labeling crap... but anyway) has gone equally insane. CNN and MSNBC have been 24-7 on the "everyone needs to be tested NOW", "huge government failure", "everyone's going to die, and it's all Trump's fault" hypetrain. The Washington Post and NY Times have been publishing article after article of similar contents, exaggerating "right-wing denial", portraying any moderating voice as a "Trump defender" and trying to tie this all into a neat "conservatives are anti-science morons" narrative. It's insulting, patronizing, reductive, misleading and most of all hypocritical.

This is all hardly surprising. It's a pandemic during an election year, everyone is trying to make political hay while they can. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" and all of that.

As I said above, we should listen to the CDC and NIH. They know what they're talking about.
I'm not interested in most of this because it's not, based on my own channel surfing, my own experience. However, the part about the testing is not helpful. The countries that have gotten out in front of this have done so by testing testing testing. Testing let's you know who needs to be temporarily removed from the public. It's not hysteria, it's how you fix the problem. Right now, even though I've been in direct contact with two very sick people in the past week ... neither they nor I can be tested. There are no tests. That's not okay.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie
I'm not interested in most of this because it's not, based on my own channel surfing, my own experience. However, the part about the testing is not helpful. The countries that have gotten out in front of this have done so by testing testing testing. Testing let's you know who needs to be temporarily removed from the public. It's not hysteria, it's how you fix the problem. Right now, even though I've been in direct contact with two very sick people in the past week ... neither they nor I can be tested. There are no tests. That's not okay.

I'm with you on the testing the USA is testing 100th of the people that south Korea is. How can you make informed decisions on the spread without data?
Old Mar 15th 2020, 8:08 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Now this might be my location specific, being in a county that has around 2/3 of US deaths so far. But I have found that my news consumption and my interest in politics has swung extremely to the local recently. All of a sudden Governor Insle is someone I consider as primary.
The testing still seems to be crucial, and directed at a Federal level, but just about everything else, I am all of a sudden looking to Olympia.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

So there was a debate tonight! ... I didn't even realize until I visited Politico for general news.

Sounds like Biden didn't make a fool of himself, and that was all that he needed to do to continue his lead. In this interesting debate summary, there is this telling bit at the very end: "According to advisers, Sanders loathes Trump and ultimately would not want to harm Biden if he looks as if he’ll be the party’s nominee. And after tonight, it’s harder and harder to see Biden not leading the top of the ticket for Democrats in November."

Let's hope the Bernie Bros feel likewise in November.

Edit to add: Nice summary on Vox
"“People are looking for results, not a revolution,” Biden said in the most memorable line of the debate."

Last edited by Steerpike; Mar 16th 2020 at 3:25 am.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can Biden win against Trump ?
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Can Biden win against Trump ?
The big unknown is his cognitive issues and how they will pan out.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
"His" would appear to be vague in this statement ...
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

An incredibly irritating post although I do realise this is a republican party line. *sigh* .

FWIW Trump's cognitive issues must also be absolutely in question now for many many people around the USA given the track record, no? However that is not what I was asking about at all.

What I was actually wishing to hear about was if Biden could win against Trump.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
"His" would appear to be vague in this statement ...
Biden, the fix is in.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

An incredibly irritating post although I do realise this is a republican party line. *sigh* .

FWIW Trump's cognitive issues must also be absolutely in question now for many many people around the USA given the track record, no? However that is not what I was asking about at all.

Yes, Biden was the person he least wanted to run against. He was hoping for Sanders (completely unelectable) and/or Warren (ditto). Biden will cash in on Obama nostalgia and the record of centrism and moderation in the Obama Administration. Which, despite what certain posters on this forum (with horrible track records of predicting elections) will tell you, is still the ticket. Not left-wing extremism.

Biden enters a General Election against Trump as the favourite, but it's a long election and anything can happen.

Biden has also stated he will select a woman as his VP candidate. I have long suspected a Biden-Klobuchar deal has already been agreed to. We shall see.

Old Mar 16th 2020, 2:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Plus it's a lie. Nobody is talking about that. No real people anyway. No normal people.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Biden made an interesting point after Bernie made a point concerning the current pandemic.“With respect to Medicare-for-All, you have a single-payer system in Italy. It doesn’t work there.”
Old Mar 16th 2020, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Biden, the fix is in.
How is the "fix" in for Biden more than the "fix" is in for Sanders? If Democratic primary voters prefer Sanders' policies moving forward, then Sanders will get the most pledged delegates. But looking at the polling, in the states whose primaries are coming up, they prefer Biden's policies to Sanders' by about 2 to 1

Last edited by Giantaxe; Mar 16th 2020 at 5:58 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

This virus might be Trumps undoing.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Biden has also stated he will select a woman as his VP candidate. I have long suspected a Biden-Klobuchar deal has already been agreed to. We shall see.
Given Biden's remarks about supporting Warren's bankruptcy law changes, I suspect it's going to be Warren.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.