2020 Election

Old Oct 27th 2020, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by RICH
That is more detail than i care for, but i will add that i have been tracking the registered voters on the pinellas site and there is a slight increase in republicans, which is disappointing.
Must be all those posh outliers like Clearwater because St. Pete is about as blue as they come. Perhaps we can hope that revulsion for the orange turd and his non-Republican values is turning some Republicans to vote blue?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 2:32 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Talking of Judges, ACB got the nod.
Too bad the Pence staff won't be there.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
The times that I've skipped it has been because of my own lack of research so, FWIW, it is a failure of sorts. For you, next general election, you'll be forewarned and will probably be able to better research your candidates. Also, you know now that there are a lot of people on here willing to help you find the information you need before hand.
Thanks. It was the judges that got me . Oh, and in the primary, I don't remember the race, but there was a "Vote for 12" followed by 13 names.

I used to wonder why so few Americans vote. I have to say, I have a idea now.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 10:51 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retzie
Thanks. It was the judges that got me . Oh, and in the primary, I don't remember the race, but there was a "Vote for 12" followed by 13 names.

I used to wonder why so few Americans vote. I have to say, I have a idea now.
While I agree that the judge voting is difficult - I find it hard to feel that I'm really in a position to assess their performance except in obvious cases of poor performance pointed out by the watchdog sources - I suspect that a more likely reason for not voting is chronic disempowerment, a feeling that it's "just politics" as opposed to something that will directly affect their lives.

Old Oct 27th 2020, 11:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The whole concept of voting for judges is just so alien to me. If you're running for a political office, how can you possibly be impartial?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
The whole concept of voting for judges is just so alien to me. If you're running for a political office, how can you possibly be impartial?
You can't really.

Same with District Attorneys and Sheriffs which are just politicians by a different name.

Old Oct 27th 2020, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

I became a citizen in July so was able to vote for the first time last week!

I must admit I am concerned though. Things really seem to have gone backwards under this administration, some of which is potentially irreparable. The problem is that people say 'Vote!' but how does that fix things like the fudging the GOP have done with the SCOTUS recently?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 1:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter

I must admit I am concerned though.

Understatement of the year!

Getting back from the last four years will be difficult. Another four of the same would be appalling and dangerous.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
I became a citizen in July so was able to vote for the first time last week!

I must admit I am concerned though. Things really seem to have gone backwards under this administration, some of which is potentially irreparable. The problem is that people say 'Vote!' but how does that fix things like the fudging the GOP have done with the SCOTUS recently?
Well if more people had 'Voted!' for Hillary in 2016, there would be a progressive majority or supermajority on the SCOTUS right now.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 3:41 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HDWill
Well if more people had 'Voted!' for Hillary in 2016, there would be a progressive majority or supermajority on the SCOTUS right now.
Are you that naïve? You think McConnell would have allowed that to happen?

The reality is there would be at least a single vacancy right now, probably 2, possibly even 3.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Well I haven't read through the thread so was being cautious. I'm VERY concerned. I have a wife and daughter that could be hugely affected by the recent SCOTUS appointee etc and my concern is if, as in the past, when Democrats get in power they just sweep GOP messes under the rug under the pretense of 'moving forward'. The GOP don't care about the election because they now have a majority in the SCOTUS
Old Oct 27th 2020, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many people last time voted Trump due to the threat to their Constitutional rights.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Many people last time voted Trump due to the threat to their Constitutional rights.
You mean the completed made-up threat with no basis in reality? It gets told at every election and some people are dumb enough to believe it no matter how many times it fails to come true.Remember when Obama took everyone's guns away?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anian
You mean the completed made-up threat with no basis in reality? It gets told at every election and some people are dumb enough to believe it no matter how many times it fails to come true.Remember when Obama took everyone's guns away?
Look what has happened in California, look what many Progressives are standing on, are they lying?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Look what has happened in California
Why, what has happened in California?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.