2020 Election

Old Jan 21st 2020, 4:34 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
She won't commit to endorsing him... that's a little different. Personally I couldn't care less who she does and doesn't endorse, but she really needs to stfu. Otoh her comments seem to echo those made by Obama's campaign strategist David Axelrod after the last debate when the Warren spat was being discussed.He said something like there being a perception in the Democratic Party that Sanders isn't a "team player".

I hope Sanders isn't the nominee, but if he is of course I will vote for him.
Rather ironic to complain about some one else not being a team player when you won't commit to supporting the nominee.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Rather ironic to complain about some one else not being a team player when you won't commit to supporting the nominee.
When the question has been asked of you, in the past, on this thread 'would you vote for any democratic nominee against Trump', I believe you've stated vigorously that you are not ready to make that commitment and that you are going to listen to all the candidates before making that decision. I can't say Clinton's statement is any different.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 5:03 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
When the question has been asked of you, in the past, on this thread 'would you vote for any democratic nominee against Trump', I believe you've stated vigorously that you are not ready to make that commitment and that you are going to listen to all the candidates before making that decision. I can't say Clinton's statement is any different.
Yes and I got a ton of shit for that. The difference is I am a random nobody on the internet. Clinton is a former Democratic presidential nominee.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zargof
Yes and I got a ton of shit for that. The difference is I am a random nobody on the internet. Clinton is a former Democratic presidential nominee.
We are, and we have AOC going at it from the other direction so will be interesting to see what will happens, looks like a blood bath.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

It would certainly show who he is borrowing money from, which is the most interesting part of his returns, imo.
It would ? Where on individual tax return does it show that ?
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Actually, Clinton's comment is different as she's said nothing about voting. Her comment was about endorsing.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
It would ? Where on individual tax return does it show that ?
There'll either be 1099s from each lender or otherwise his return will need to have explanatory text as to where the interest was paid to. Why do you think that Deutsch Bank has been subpoened?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/b...-subpoena.html

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jan 21st 2020 at 10:26 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I rarely pass up an opportunity to drag up this old thing:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aundering-scam
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

Actually, Clinton's comment is different as she's said nothing about voting. Her comment was about endorsing.
Not sure the nuance will be understood by many, I am sure she did it as a get of jail free option.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not sure the nuance will be understood by many, I am sure she did it as a get of jail free option.
It was an answer to a specific question about endorsing Sanders.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

There'll either be 1099s from each lender or otherwise his return will need to have explanatory text as to where the interest was paid to.
I have loans that do not send me 1099's nor that are required to be disclosed on my tax return, in fact the majority of lenders do not seem to issue 1099's. Second as with many business owners or wealthy people the loans even if guaranteed personally are done often through companies and trusts. Even if Putin himself lent Trump money I am unaware that that would need to be disclosed on a personal tax return.Furthermore Trump having evidently foreign and offshore entities various options available to reduce disclosure.

If the lender cancels a debt a 1099-c form may be issued. I doubt he has any student loan interest which I think is reported on a 1099.or similar form.

There is a form 1042 that may relate to interest paid to foreign entities though I don't think it is required to be file with one's individual tax return.

It would seem much easier to go to county records and get public information on property liens on estimated amounts borrowed, since I would assume knowing Trump most lenders would ask for security.

And unlike statements major commentators I have heard on CNN and MSNBC, his personal tax return definitely wouldn't show his net worth. (Not to pick on them. Fox has equally clueless journalists as well).

Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

It was an answer to a specific question about endorsing Sanders.
So she said she would vote for him if nominated but not endorse him?
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So she said she would vote for him if nominated but not endorse him?
She was asked about endorsing, not voting.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jan 21st 2020 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

She was asked about endorsing, not voting.
She has been in this game a very long time and I am sure is fully aware how this could be misconstrued and the need to make sure it was clear that she would still vote for him.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She has been in this game a very long time and I am sure is fully aware how this could be misconstrued and the need to make sure it was clear that she would still vote for him.
As I said in my first post on this, what she should actually have done is stfu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.