Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Aug 16th 2015, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
And this isn't just where evangelical Mike Huckabee stands on abortion. Off the top of my head, Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum, and Scott Walker also hold the same position. I'm sure there are other Republican candidates that, when pushed on the subject, will say exactly the same thing.
Don't forget The Siamese Twin Separator
Hucksterbee, though, appears to have a special strategy in store:

".................the small contingent of reporters covering the day's third "Huckabee Huddle" was buzzing. A local TV guy was staring at his notes with a confused look on his face, like he couldn't believe what he read. "Weirdest thing, <snip> Huckabee said something about invoking the 14th and 5th amendments to end abortion. I'm really not sure what he meant."
A moment later, Huckabee sauntered in, <snip> and was quickly asked what he meant.
"Just what I said," he quipped.
"It is the job of the federal government to protect the citizens under the Constitution."

<<<snip>>>

Read more: Inside the GOP Clown Car | Rolling Stone

Stop the world
I want to get off

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 16th 2015 at 10:59 pm. Reason: Copyright infringement
Old Aug 17th 2015, 3:39 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
invoking the 14th and 5th amendments to end abortion.
14th amendment: "1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Unless he amends "all persons born" to "all zygotes spawned," that tells me that the pregnant woman may be a citizen while the fetus is not.

5th amendment: "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Well, I guess that the government won't be sending any fetuses to prison without due process.

(The Fifth Amendment protects us from the government, not from each other. Crimes such as murder, assault, robbery, rape, etc. are illegal but they aren't included in the Constitution because that wasn't the point of the document. The Constitution is an organizational document that provides a framework for government process, not a lengthy legal code that addresses every crime.)

Tips for the day:

1. When a conservative claims that something is unconstitutional, then it's probably constitutional.

2. When a conservative quotes Thomas Jefferson, then the odds are high that Jefferson didn't say it.

Last edited by RoadWarriorFromLP; Aug 17th 2015 at 3:46 am.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 4:11 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
Yes, that's basically why I couldn't watch the Fox News "debate" the other night.

I think the last time I watched a Republican debate was in 2008 and they were discussing closing Gitmo.......they all try to outdick each other.

Going on the Gitmo debate, I can see an abortion debate going like this;

Candidate One: I have a particularly dickish stance on abortion

Candidate Two: I'll be a bigger dick with abortion

Candidate Three: I'll lock impoverished pregnant women up until they've had the baby and deny the baby food stamps once it's born. I think I win the biggest dick contest.

Or something like that.

Anyhow, it upsets me that my daughters are having to fight the same fight their grandmothers won some 40 odd years ago........
I've been snooping around and they're mostly pretty squirrely about the "exceptions" ... ie, if you were raped by a member of your family, and only if the act of giving birth will kill you, then you MIGHT be able to have an abortion but only in the first trimester and good luck finding a clinic because we've shut them all down in your state. So pretty much a big FU.

Add Rick Perry to the list of hardliners though, he "evolved" from being merely craven on the abortion issue to being completely brutal. No exceptions. Prick.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 4:16 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
14th amendment: "1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Unless he amends "all persons born" to "all zygotes spawned," that tells me that the pregnant woman may be a citizen while the fetus is not.

5th amendment: "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Well, I guess that the government won't be sending any fetuses to prison without due process.

(The Fifth Amendment protects us from the government, not from each other. Crimes such as murder, assault, robbery, rape, etc. are illegal but they aren't included in the Constitution because that wasn't the point of the document. The Constitution is an organizational document that provides a framework for government process, not a lengthy legal code that addresses every crime.)

Tips for the day:

1. When a conservative claims that something is unconstitutional, then it's probably constitutional.

2. When a conservative quotes Thomas Jefferson, then the odds are high that Jefferson didn't say it.
Speaking of the Constitution. I can't find the part that says it's totally cool to use federal troops to prevent a Supreme Court decision you don't agree with.

Mike Huckabee Won't Rule Out Using Federal Troops To Stop Abortions
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:04 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Speaking of the Constitution. I can't find the part that says it's totally cool to use federal troops to prevent a Supreme Court decision you don't agree with.
Huckabee's ignorance of Constitutional matters must have been a Fox News job requirement.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I know he isn't a real candidate but Trump doesn't like the Constitution either:

Donald Trump: No citizenship for illegal migrants' babies - BBC News
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:23 am
Bloody Yank

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I know he isn't a real candidate but Trump doesn't like the Constitution either:

Donald Trump: No citizenship for illegal migrants' babies - BBC News
A reporter should ask him how he intends to amend the 14th amendment. (Presumably, he has heard of it.)
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, it's like my internets are full of politicians who don't understand the constitution today:

Iowa Rep. Steve King Suggests People Should Have to Pass Credit Checks Before Voting | The Business Standard News

Why is it that the politicians who crow on so much about upholding the constitution know the least about it?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:51 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Jeez, it's like my internets are full of politicians who don't understand the constitution today:

Iowa Rep. Steve King Suggests People Should Have to Pass Credit Checks Before Voting | The Business Standard News

Why is it that the politicians who crow on so much about upholding the constitution know the least about it?
Steve King and sanity have never been friends.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof

Mike Huckabee Won't Rule Out Using Federal Troops To Stop Abortions
Seem's to me the conservatives are going crazy or insane or something, the stuff they come up with boggles the mind...

Abortion isn't much of a debate here, even the conservatives largely don't talk about it much if at all. Depending on where in Canada you live, obtaining an abortion can be difficult due to limited clinics and in one province no clinics at all.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Seem's to me the conservatives are going crazy or insane or something, the stuff they come up with boggles the mind...

Abortion isn't much of a debate here, even the conservatives largely don't talk about it much if at all. Depending on where in Canada you live, obtaining an abortion can be difficult due to limited clinics and in one province no clinics at all.
That's something I always appreciated about living in the UK. Abortion was never thrown in anyones face, it was something that female folks did. It was never publicly talked about or politicized which is what should always happen in a non theocracy.

What does bother me is that if you must take the Every Sperm Is Sacred Stance is there are creepy men who politicize the issue knowing they will never end up in a situation where they won't be able to take financial responsibility for the child. Not even a collective responsibility politically.

Nobody gets to have their cake and eat it. You get to control womens reproduction and negate the wrongful control with money to support the mother who can't work due to parental responsibilities or you don't get to control either. I wish more reasonable men would speak out against the issue.

Last edited by Mrs Danvers; Aug 17th 2015 at 2:26 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

You get the fun of controlling a woman through her reproductive system, followed by the fun of controlling the rest of the family as they live in poverty because she has to choose between providing for her kids but not raising them well, or raising them in poverty dependent on handouts.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:28 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

If men could get pregnant, you'd be able to order unlimited abortions on Amazon. If rich white men could get pregnant, abortions would come with free same day delivery.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
If men could get pregnant, you'd be able to order unlimited abortions on Amazon. If rich white men could get pregnant, abortions would come with free same day delivery.
We'd have hard-wired 'auto abortions' that take care of things behind the scenes for us
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
We'd have hard-wired 'auto abortions' that take care of things behind the scenes for us
You are Todd Akin and I claim my $5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.