2016 Election

Old Sep 28th 2016, 1:13 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Anian
Just remembered my favourite part. Trump said he would have stolen all of the oil from Iraq and prevented ISIS from forming. All of the oil in Iraq? Apart from the legality of stealing stuff from other countries, he has some magic oil sucking machine that is efficient enough to take all of the oil from a massive oilfield that quickly?
The thing was full of special moments...

I liked the bit about 30 minutes in when Trump was so busy interrupting that he forgot to listen, and asked the moderator what Clinton had said. Clinton just kept talking and things moved along... Good debating technique, stopping listening to your opponent. Not.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Anecdotal but the guy round the corner from me who is some big local businessman very very Republican in a very prominent house always puts up yard signs for elections. He just put his up.

One for McCain, two for a couple of local candidates.

And that's all.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I see a few big Trump signs near me, but nowhere near as many as there were for Mr Bland four years ago.

Originally Posted by celticgrid
The thing was full of special moments..
I remembered another one. Trump proved that he isn't racist by saying that he had built an exclusive hotel in the most expensive part of Florida and they don't discriminate against Muslims or black people. There must be some special logic rules that I am missing, or he just used it as another disconnected excuse to brag about property he "owns".
Old Sep 29th 2016, 2:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There must be some special logic rules that I am missing, or he just used it as another disconnected excuse to brag about property he "owns".
Maybe he doesn't see past his own empire; everything must in some way exist either because of him or as an indication of his prominence. The rejection he felt at being sent off to military school isn't going away in this lifetime.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Anecdotal but the guy round the corner from me who is some big local businessman very very Republican in a very prominent house always puts up yard signs for elections. He just put his up.

One for McCain, two for a couple of local candidates.

And that's all.
I see a few big Trump signs near me, but nowhere near as many as there were for Mr Bland four years ago.

On the other hand, here in CA, I see very few 'Hillary' signs or bumper stickers. Last election, there were a gazillion Obama/Biden ones.

I struggled to watch the train-wreck that was the debate, and what simply boggles my mind is, why isn't Hillary way, way ahead in the polls. She completely out-classed him, and he came across as a total moron (though I missed the first 20 mins, where apparently he did well). I guess I just need to keep holding my breath for another month ...
Old Sep 29th 2016, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

It's like the media has suddenly found all those barrels of ink they were hording during the primaries. Seems to be a new story every day about Trump.

Trump companies broke US embargo on Cuba according to Newsweek.

How Donald Trump’s Company Violated the United States Embargo Against Cuba
Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

It's like the media has suddenly found all those barrels of ink they were hording during the primaries. Seems to be a new story every day about Trump.

Trump companies broke US embargo on Cuba according to Newsweek.

How Donald Trump’s Company Violated the United States Embargo Against Cuba
I saw that and wondered how many other things are still hiding under the rug.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
On the other hand, here in CA, I see very few 'Hillary' signs or bumper stickers. Last election, there were a gazillion Obama/Biden ones.
I don't tend to see many Dem signs here anyway, so I'm not too worried.

I struggled to watch the train-wreck that was the debate, and what simply boggles my mind is, why isn't Hillary way, way ahead in the polls. She completely out-classed him, and he came across as a total moron (though I missed the first 20 mins, where apparently he did well). I guess I just need to keep holding my breath for another month ...
As I think we discussed earlier. There was no way she could "win" the debate, she was expected to do well and did so, his bar was so low all he had to do was turn up and claim he won.

The first few polls since are now showing a bounce in Hillary's favor, I would hope at this point that it will build a slow momentum.

I think the media are a bit ashamed they keep pushing the horse race, hopefully it isn't too little too late.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:04 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

This time, no-one wants to own up to supporting either one of them.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I'm kind of tempted to get a Hillary sign. I live in a cul-de-sac though so not exactly a great spot.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently not everyone. I went to the shops to get some lunch and I saw a car with a Hillary sticker on it. Also one of those oh-so-edgy Darwin fish, which probably scores a 175 on the rarity scale around my way
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I don't tend to see many Dem signs here anyway, so I'm not too worried.

As I think we discussed earlier. There was no way she could "win" the debate, she was expected to do well and did so, his bar was so low all he had to do was turn up and claim he won.

The first few polls since are now showing a bounce in Hillary's favor, I would hope at this point that it will build a slow momentum.

I think the media are a bit ashamed they keep pushing the horse race, hopefully it isn't too little too late.
Surely at some point, people need to make up their minds who they're voting for and quit flip flopping all over the place? Polls are up, polls are down... isn't flip-flopping something that politicians get pilloried for doing by the very same electorate who are doing just that right now?

Last edited by Wintersong; Sep 29th 2016 at 6:10 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:10 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I'm kind of tempted to get a Hillary sign. I live in a cul-de-sac though so not exactly a great spot.
Get a huge one and fly it from your rooftop so it can be seen for miles around.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:11 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Apparently not everyone. I went to the shops to get some lunch and I saw a car with a Hillary sticker on it. Also one of those oh-so-edgy Darwin fish, which probably scores a 175 on the rarity scale around my way
Some people clearly like to live dangerously
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:17 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Some people clearly like to live dangerously
Maybe so.

I prefer the cars without stickers though. This election is making me want to kill myself more than the others did. It's only going to get worse from here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.