2016 Election

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 6:01 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

So not long until Hillary rolls out her VP pick. All the smart money is on Tim Kaine, and I hope they're wrong because Kaine is a terrible pick. What does he bring to the ticket?

To be fair though, Clinton does have the same problem as Mittens did. Trying to find someone who won't upstage her. The choices are limited in that regard.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

David Duke, former Ku Klux Klan leader, to run for Congress - BBC News

No, the racial divide hasn't widened, it had just been swept under the carpet and ignored. Now the racists are emboldened by their new leader and feel free to be public about it.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
The whole Christian family values thing has been thrown out of the window for Trump. And with his comments about LBGTQ, I wonder if they will actually get the evangelical vote at all at this election. They'd have to stick a lot of nutty anti-trans bathroom bills to get them to come out and vote.
Interesting that you made that observation. Everything except the party platform was under Trump's control. His allowing Peter Thiel to address the convention - knowing what he would say about bathrooms and being gay (they all had to submit their speeches to Trump for vetting beforehand) as well as his own comments about Orlando and his intention to protect the LGBTQ community blew the party platform stance on that issue into irrelevance. And note, the delegates gave Thiel a standing O and heartily applauded Trump's remarks on the same subject. Maybe the charge that all Republicans are homophobes is full of merde.

It should be causing some concern in certain circles (perhaps reflected here) that the Democrats may no longer own the LGBTQ vote (and their money). As for the evangelicals, some may stay home on election day, but the number who would come out for Hillary - who stands for unlimited abortion, including late term - is likely to be few and far between.

On another issue, Trump almost seemed to be channeling Bernie (why would he do that?) with this remark in his speech: "After fifteen years of wars in the Middle East, after trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost, the situation is worse than it has ever been before."Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript - POLITICO

Maybe Trump is crazy like a fox.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:03 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
As for the evangelicals, some may stay home on election day, but the number who would come out for Hillary - who stands for unlimited abortion, including late term - is likely to be few and far between.
Except that she doesn't. She has clearly and consistently stated that she supports restrictions on late term abortions, with exceptions for the health of the mother.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Except that she doesn't. She has clearly and consistently stated that she supports restrictions on late term abortions, with exceptions for the health of the mother.
Why oh why, do they always lie about this one?
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Why oh why, do they always lie about this one?
They lie about everything else, why should this be any different?
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:14 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Beat me to it.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:19 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Maybe that shows that she's a liar, or maybe it shows that she's been the victim of an extremely successful hatchet job.

I don't believe that she lies any more than any other politician. In fact, her Politifact record is much better than any of the Republicans. Unfortunately, when liars lie about other liars being worse liars than they are, some of the mud sticks and Clinton appears to be the favoured scapegoat.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about Clinton?
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:40 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are you talking about Clinton?
I was talking about politicians in general.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking about politicians in general.
In that case I agree 100%.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:53 pm
I love my brick!

So it's confirmed, Tim Kaine is Clinton's VP pick.

I'm trying to think of a positive, I guess he's not as hawkish. Anyone want to help me out...
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 12:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So it's confirmed, Tim Kaine is Clinton's VP pick.

I'm trying to think of a positive, I guess he's not as hawkish. Anyone want to help me out...
Safe?

PS - I told you that she'd do something safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.