Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:01 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

[QUOTE=Leslie;11892248]That's a tiresome trope.

Americans would do that work in a minute. What they won't do is work for slave wages.[/QUOTE]

Fine if you don't mind paying 300 dollars a night for a 2-1/2 star hotel and twenty-five bucks for a burger, fries and coke.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dc koop;11892274]
Originally Posted by Leslie
That's a tiresome trope.

Americans would do that work in a minute. What they won't do is work for slave wages.[/QUOTE]

Fine if you don't mind paying 300 dollars a night for a 2-1/2 star hotel and twenty-five bucks for a burger, fries and coke.
Those are not remotely close to true. Gross exageration of the truth
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop

That's not the point I was making. Sigh.

But since you went there. Who do you think works at McDonald's? Or Walmart? Those working for cash under the table are working for significantly less than even the people who flip your burgers.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=dc koop;11892274]
That's a tiresome trope.

Huh

You would need to pay $100 bucks an hour to get anywhere close to that, probably more.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:06 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

War drums throbbing in the night. Stand back you Islamic wrong doers
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Fix your quotes. It's not that hard.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

But since you went there. Who do you think works at McDonald's? Or Walmart? Those working for cash under the table are working for significantly less than even the people who flip your burgers.
Both of those I think check legal status pretty carefully. The franchise hotels are of course different, and 'regular' bars and restaurants.

There are no McD's etc in the local ski town, but I know there are plenty working in the back with no legal status.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Fix your quotes. It's not that hard.
I need to introduce you to EMR.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:14 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Both of those I think check legal status pretty carefully. The franchise hotels are of course different, and 'regular' bars and restaurants.

There are no McD's etc in the local ski town, but I know there are plenty working in the back with no legal status.
I know. The point is that Americans are willing to work at low paying, labor intensive jobs. I'm not interested in fighting the 'right or wrong' of allowing Mexican labor in the US. I was challenging the notion that Americans won't do this type of work therefore the (poor darlings) business owners are forced (completely against their will) to hire undocumented workers.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:15 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
I need to introduce you to EMR.
I am aware that this thing exists. I do not know what it is.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Boiler;11892281]

Huh

You would need to pay $100 bucks an hour to get anywhere close to that, probably more.
Three of my daughters had early jobs cleaning hotel rooms. They averaged 30 minutes per room. Now another 5 dollars an hour would add 2.50 to room rate..if it were even passed along. Studies were done that showed a 15 dollar an hour wage would only increase the price of a burger at McDonalds by about 10 cents.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:16 pm
Banned

A fast food franchise owner is not going to jack up the hourly rate from 6 bucks an hour to what the government say is a livable wage of 15 dollars an hour (which it still isn't) without having to raise his prices significantly. Either that or take a big cut in profits with all the overheads still to pay on top of that.

On the upside with all the fast food joints going out of business the national obesity rate might drop significantly
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:20 pm
WTF?

A fast food franchise owner is not going to jack up the hourly rate from 6 bucks an hour to what the government say is a livable wage of 15 dollars an hour (which it still isn't) without having to raise his prices significantly. Either that or take a big cut in profits with all the overheads still to pay on top of that.

On the upside with all the fast food joints going out of business the national obesity rate might drop significantly
Americans are doing those jobs though, right?
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know. The point is that Americans are willing to work at low paying, labor intensive jobs. I'm not interested in fighting the 'right or wrong' of allowing Mexican labor in the US. I was challenging the notion that Americans won't do this type of work therefore the (poor darlings) business owners are forced (completely against their will) to hire undocumented workers.
Some jobs you are right about. Picking fruits and vegetables is not one of them though. Farmers in California and even the union advertised for legal citizen applicants and got no responses. Mississippi passed anti undocumented immigrant legislation a year or so back...and all the immigrant farm labor left the state. One farmer watched 250,000 dollars worth of watermelons rot on the vine because no one else wanted the job 9f picking them.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:23 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of burger and fries, you guys are making me hungry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.