2016 Election

Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
Happy New Year.

I don't disagree with you at all, it's just that you're always wrong.
Jeez, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, I don't even reach that level?
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Jeez, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, I don't even reach that level?
Aaawwww .... well, you have been unwrong about Donald Trump more than once.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:22 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Happy new year everyone...
Old Dec 31st 2015, 11:41 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITCHES!!

I love you all
Old Dec 31st 2015, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Feliz Ano Nuevo a todos, de parte de Mexico!
Old Dec 31st 2015, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITCHES!!

I love you all
All?
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:59 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Excuse me, is this the correct room for an argument?

Happy New Year, fellow BE'ers!
I've told you once.

HNY Folks
Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.

Kasich ain't gonna be president. He's a mess. He always looks/acts like he's just been through a traumatic event and may lose his shit at any minute. I don't dislike his politics, he's just not the guy.

Rubio, I know he's the establishment's fair haired boy, but I think he's a dud too. I don't see his path to the White House any way I try to look at it.

Which leaves us with Bush and Christie.

I don't know how to fix Jeb's problems with the voters but I think he'd make a decent president. Probably quite good.

Chris Christie has turned his numbers around in New Hampshire and is now ahead of Cruz. This is no small feat. His stump and town halls are extraordinary --- I wish I could go to one. He's authentic and entertaining and should appeal to the thinking man's Republican voter.

Aren't there some parallels between Rubio and Obama? Obama was too young, too inexperienced, but he had the charm, novelty factor, and a great debating style (and pathetic opposition ... Palin was the gift that kept on giving ...). So why not Rubio for similar reasons?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I think I could deal with either a Bush or Christie presidency quite well. Basically the same way that if I was still living in the UK, I could deal with the Tories winning the election. Sensible and centre-right is OK - especially in the US where centre-right is almost left wing.

Bernie's still the man for me, though. Even if it is unlikely he'll overcome Hillary in the primary. Hillary would be OK too, I just prefer Bernie.
See, Flavius - people on here can accept a Republican outcome!

I don't know what I'd do if it was Trump or Cruz, but the above four mentioned by Leslie would indeed be 'tolerable'.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Aren't there some parallels between Rubio and Obama? Obama was too young, too inexperienced, but he had the charm, novelty factor, and a great debating style (and pathetic opposition ... Palin was the gift that kept on giving ...). So why not Rubio for similar reasons?

See, Flavius - people on here can accept a Republican outcome!

I don't know what I'd do if it was Trump or Cruz, but the above four mentioned by Leslie would indeed be 'tolerable'.
I'm glad to see that the degree of polarization is not as severe as I had feared. Agree, Bush and Christie would be good, solid and careful leaders. I hope Kasich fades away. Yes, Rubio is green, but a really good salesman. Probably won't persuade the Republican Base, though. So far they aren't buying what he's selling. If he did make it to the nomination, he'd do well in the general. The comparison between the handsome, young man vs. the old woman, with the ability to match her glib pitch could be a winner.

I believe that Cruz, being a believer in a strict construction of the constitution (among other things, not a supporter of NSA spying on citizens), in addition to not being a reflexive interventionist, would probably end up as an OK president.

Trump is a wild card. So far, his campaign has been genius, and he's already taken some air out of the Clinton/Bill Clinton balloon. How he would govern is anyone's guess. The empty promises he's been making parallel those of the 2008 Obama campaign - "Hope & Change" vs. "The Mexicans will pay for the Wall" - and tell us nothing of what would happen if he wins it all.

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Jan 5th 2016 at 12:35 am.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Old Jan 5th 2016, 1:01 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie Sanders, then? Great stuff.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 1:41 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
I believe that Cruz, being a believer in a strict construction of the constitution (among other things, not a supporter of NSA spying on citizens), in addition to not being a reflexive interventionist, would probably end up as an OK president.
Except for that little bit about the separation of church and state, where he's not so hot on that. But yes it's nice that he's read the 4th Amendment, which makes three people running for President. Unfortunately, he would completely fck up the economy: A single tax rate, eliminate the IRS and return to the Gold Standard. Say hello to a new Depression.

Last edited by zargof; Jan 5th 2016 at 1:47 am.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Bernie Sanders, then? Great stuff.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 4:27 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

A flat tax would in the end mean less tax on the very wealthy and a loss of current deductibles allowed home buyers and business owners. Cruz also wants to repeal the ACA but would replace it with nothing which means back to square one, a person with a serious disease which needs regular treatment could be dumped by their HMO and or refused membership of a HMO. Not good enough for a first world nation.

Cruz has nothing to offer whatsoever. He might make a first class President of secessionist Texas though

Last edited by dc koop; Jan 5th 2016 at 4:30 am.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 4:27 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a bit tasty amongst the Republicans right now, with the "who would be ISIS' favourite candidate" argument in full swing.

Also, just noticed this bit from Rubio:

"But it did strengthen the refugee program. And I think we need to continue to strengthen it every time we learn something new. There was no Isis in 2013 when we considered that legislation. Every time a new factor emerges, we need to improve our programs. We now know that there is an organized group in the Middle East that is actively looking to take advantage of a very specific refugee crisis that did not exist in 2013."

Seems a bit ignorant of Rubio, as ISIS certainly did exist in 2013. Also particulary telling as a criticism of Obama by Republicans is his initial discounting of ISIS as not being a significant threat.

Last edited by zargof; Jan 5th 2016 at 4:47 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.