2016 Election

Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
The onus is not on the American people to understand and recognize all world religions. I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between a Methodist and a Presbyterian.

What is unacceptable is that anybody thinks it's a good idea to knock over innocent men in the street --- regardless of their religion or dress.

EDIT: And, yes, they feel empowered by this Donald Trump bullshit.
Except Methodist and Presbyterian are both christian. Islam and Sikhism are different religions. If you were confusing shia Islam with Sunni Islam I could understand.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Okay.

Kasich ain't gonna be president. He's a mess. He always looks/acts like he's just been through a traumatic event and may lose his shit at any minute. I don't dislike his politics, he's just not the guy.

Rubio, I know he's the establishment's fair haired boy, but I think he's a dud too. I don't see his path to the White House any way I try to look at it.

Which leaves us with Bush and Christie.

I don't know how to fix Jeb's problems with the voters but I think he'd make a decent president. Probably quite good.

Chris Christie has turned his numbers around in New Hampshire and is now ahead of Cruz. This is no small feat. His stump and town halls are extraordinary --- I wish I could go to one. He's authentic and entertaining and should appeal to the thinking man's Republican voter.
Agree regarding Kasich - I found him to be seriously irritating in all the debates. Rubio has Gang of Eight/amnesty problems with The Base (Al Queda translated means "The Base," interesting...) Trump has defined Bush as "low energy," which will be tough to overcome.

That leaves us both looking at Christie as the best choice. But if he's nominated, won't some ambitious Dem District Attorney in NJ - on orders from the Clinton Machine - indict him for Bridge-gate? Maybe then Obama will repay the 'Sandy Storm Hug' by letting Lynch indict Hillary for Email-gate, just to even the playing field and burnish his legacy.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:48 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Except Methodist and Presbyterian are both christian. Islam and Sikhism are different religions. If you were confusing shia Islam with Sunni Islam I could understand.
I know and I wish people were more interested in the broader world in which they live but some simply are not. The problem is not that people are culturally ignorant (well that is a problem actually) but rather that they are committing violence against somebody for being different. What if that Sikh man had actually been a Muslim? The story is still just as awful.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:54 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Agree regarding Kasich - I found him to be seriously irritating in all the debates. Rubio has Gang of Eight/amnesty problems with The Base (Al Queda translated means "The Base," interesting...) Trump has defined Bush as "low energy," which will be tough to overcome.

That leaves us both looking at Christie as the best choice. But if he's nominated, won't some ambitious Dem District Attorney in NJ - on orders from the Clinton Machine - indict him for Bridge-gate? Maybe then Obama will repay the 'Sandy Storm Hug' by letting Lynch indict Hillary for Email-gate, just to even the playing field and burnish his legacy.
Christie should be indicted for Bridgegate regardless. If he were a Dem Trey Gowdy and co would have been all over that by now.

I'd have been furious if I lived in NJ and my Governor did that to settle a score (not to mention throwing his long term associates under the bus in the process).
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius

I think if they had anything on Christie, we would already have heard about it. No?

I find it annoying that these scandals, Bridgegate and Emailgate and Benghazigate, hang over the heads of these candidates yet nothing is ever reported or questioned about any of Donald Trump's shady dealings. He hasn't just bullied the other candidates into paralysis, he's completely whipped the media into submission as well.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I know and I wish people were more interested in the broader world in which they live but some simply are not. The problem is not that people are culturally ignorant (well that is a problem actually) but rather that they are committing violence against somebody for being different. What if that Sikh man had actually been a Muslim? The story is still just as awful.
I don't think the two things are unrelated. Cultural ignorance leads to fear of people who are "different" which, for a minority, leads to acts of violence. People who are more culturally aware are generally less prone to violence (or prejudice etc) against different cultures.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 7:10 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I don't think the two things are unrelated. Cultural ignorance leads to fear of people who are "different" which, for a minority, leads to acts of violence. People who are more culturally aware are generally less prone to violence (or prejudice etc) against different cultures.
I don't disagree.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

To some morons all 'rag heads' are fair game in the name of patriotism.

This happened after 9/11 here and around the country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murd...ir_Singh_Sodhi
Old Dec 29th 2015, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover
To some morons all 'rag heads' are fair game in the name of patriotism.

This happened after 9/11 here and around the country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murd...ir_Singh_Sodhi
It also happened during the Iranian hostage crisis, so there's a long "tradition".
Old Dec 29th 2015, 8:55 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame American politics is so negative, and that leadership strategy has to focus so heavily on damage mitigation of some past "-gate". In that respect Bernie is a breath of fresh air, and who knows, with Michael Moore's ('positive') new film to be launched in February, maybe a new wave of constructivism will energe. Wishful thinking...
Old Dec 29th 2015, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe

Edit: I was right to be sceptical about the claimed polling on abortion in the article Flavius linked to (which is over 3 years old, btw!). According to Gallup, currently 51% think abortion should be legal under certain circumstances and a further 29% legal under all circumstances. Only 19% think abortion should be illegal under all circumstances:

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends
The pro-abortion corner would be bigger if they had not been terminated.

If they just called it State controlled killing , the amount in favour would be a lot higher, due to the pro death penalty supporters.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It's a shame American politics is so negative, and that leadership strategy has to focus so heavily on damage mitigation of some past "-gate". In that respect Bernie is a breath of fresh air, and who knows, with Michael Moore's ('positive') new film to be launched in February, maybe a new wave of constructivism will energe. Wishful thinking...
Yes, wishful thinking, Shards. Unfortunately, experience teaches us that negative advertising works wonders in politics.

Besides, "(name it) gate" is simply shorthand for someone trying to beat the system, whether bugging the DNC (Watergate), annoying political opponents (Bridgegate) or preemptively trying to hide her actions from pubic exposure through the inevitable FOIA requests (Emailgate).

The first rightly brought down a president. Of the remaining two under discussion, the Emailgate is far the more serious, but one that Hillary will probably never have to answer for, being Hillary. Call it "Clinton Privilege."
Old Dec 29th 2015, 9:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

This whole -gate crap really pisses me off. The Watergate was the name of a bloody hotel. Whoever decided it would be really cool to add the suffix '-gate' to every single bloody scandal since needs to be strung up and pelted with rotten fish.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 9:20 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This whole -gate crap really pisses me off. The Watergate was the name of a bloody hotel. Whoever decided it would be really cool to add the suffix '-gate' to every single bloody scandal since needs to be strung up and pelted with rotten fish.
Fishgate.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Blame the media. Remember "Iran-gate?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.