Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America

10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America

Old May 20th 2013, 5:46 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America

Originally Posted by Leslie
What is your major malfunction?

Nobody is running around the streets of America referring to Americans as USCs, ffs. In case you haven't noticed, this is a website ... not the USofA. An website created by and for British Expats. An internet site heavily populated with immigration forums where, over time, acronyms have been developed for ease of communication. You are the one who is out of place and making a fool of yourself by showing your ignorance of both your environment and your audience, not the other way around. It would do you to show some manners, and take the time to learn how and why people use certain terms, instead of assuming incorrectly and making a fool of yourself.

PS - college football, much like reality TV, is very popular with a certain segment of the population but hardly the "religion" of the US. Perhaps you should get out more.
Don't you just hate stupid Americans?
Old May 20th 2013, 5:57 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Yes.
Old May 20th 2013, 6:35 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
"American"? ....... Oh! you mean "USC"!
Old May 20th 2013, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is running around the streets of America referring to Americans as USCs, ffs. In case you haven't noticed, this is a website ... not the USofA. An website created by and for British Expats. An internet site heavily populated with immigration forums where, over time, acronyms have been developed for ease of communication. You are the one who is out of place and making a fool of yourself by showing your ignorance of both your environment and your audience, not the other way around. It would do you to show some manners, and take the time to learn how and why people use certain terms, instead of assuming incorrectly and making a fool of yourself.

PS - college football, much like reality TV, is very popular with a certain segment of the population but hardly the "religion" of the US. Perhaps you should get out more.

Can't wait to read the response.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:28 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Can't wait to read the response.
Bet it's something along the lines of Brits not understanding USC
Old May 20th 2013, 7:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Bet it's something along the lines of Brits not understanding USC
We think along the same lines.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:57 am
Banned

Sunshinestate will become famous soon enoughSunshinestate will become famous soon enough

I do not have a malfunction unless having a slightly different opinion than you is the definition.

I find it uproariously funny you objected so to my light hearted posts. Frankly you are the one with the malfunction.

Show me where I have had bad manners? Disagreeing with your expat view is bad manners? And now, not only do you accuse me of not knowing the outside world, you accuse me of not knowing my own country.

What hubris, but expected from pompous supercilious British, I imagine.

Now, that is having bad manners...just showing the difference to you.

BTW, college football is huge in the US. Look at the stadiums and attendance compared to the NFL.

College stadiums dwarf them.

You are the one that needs to get out more.

SS
Old May 20th 2013, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sunshinestate
I do not have a malfunction unless having a slightly different opinion than you is the definition.

I find it uproariously funny you objected so to my light hearted posts. Frankly you are the one with the malfunction.

Show me where I have had bad manners? Disagreeing with your expat view is bad manners? And now, not only do you accuse me of not knowing the outside world, you accuse me of not knowing my own country.

BTW, college football is huge in the US. Look at the stadiums and attendance compared to the NFL.

SS
As I thought.
Old May 20th 2013, 11:22 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

In case you haven't noticed, this is a website ... not the USofA.
That's a shame, otherwise we could just revoke Sunny's visa and deport him
Old May 20th 2013, 11:22 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As I thought.
So predictable
Old May 20th 2013, 11:26 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

SS
May I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post regarding your ignorance and peoples nationality.
Old May 20th 2013, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

SS
College football seems only to be big to you, your generalization doesn't mean it's big to everyone.

Did you not get that this is a British Expats website and most people on here are British?

Although there are a few Americans....
Old May 20th 2013, 11:27 am
Banned

Sunshinestate will become famous soon enoughSunshinestate will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kimilseung
May I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post regarding your ignorance and peoples nationality.
Beg pardon, my lord, but I missed that one. Would the right honorable gentleman repeat his words for me?

SS
Old May 20th 2013, 11:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
College football seems only to be big to you, your generalization doesn't mean it's big to everyone.

Did you not get that this is a British Expats website and most people on here are British?

Although there are a few Americans....
Yes, I do understand. I have limited my posts to one thread out of respect for this.

And yes I realize that my passion isn't everyones passion, much like kickie ball in Europe is not our passion.

SS
Old May 20th 2013, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do understand. I have limited my posts to one thread out of respect for this.

And yes I realize that my passion isn't everyones passion, much like kickie ball in Europe is not our passion.

SS
Who's "our"?

If you're talking about soccer, seems to be quite the big sports attraction here. At least I see kids playing it more often than not and they're very interested!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.