Expat Package

Old Nov 7th 2012, 9:36 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Package

Segush, if you're on that kind of money (£100k b.tax) why do you say costs are too high for you to save in the UK? Costs are not that high. ??
Old Nov 8th 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Segush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shard
Segush, if you're on that kind of money (£100k b.tax) why do you say costs are too high for you to save in the UK? Costs are not that high. ??
Shard, sorry I was not clear enough. There are two major points I am considering:

1.- On that tax bracket I am highly taxed in the UK, I know it sounds a lot of money but I am a ltd company contractor therefore I have to stay away during the week, so at the moment I have an additional rent near my place of work to consider, plus bills etc. I still save but nowhere near as much as I could save here if I get the numbers right.

2.- As I explained above I am a ltd company contractor, so although salary is better there are disadvantages and cost associated as I explained above.

So far I am still thinking about it, I have not seen anything written in a piece of paper yet. I will come back to Bangkok either way in January so I think I will have time to think about it once I return back to the UK later on this month.

Regards
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:00 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Well it sounds like a good gig in BKK anyway. Agree with the others that it's not just about the money, though career experience is important too. Hope you get your written offer soon.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 12:13 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

It sort of sums up UK. Not sure of company tax, but I know the personal tax always used to be 40%. So 100000 income and you're down to 60000 for a start off. We always found it so difficult to save in the UK and just soul destroying slaving away then paying all that tax....uurghhhh
Old Nov 8th 2012, 4:53 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by bakedbean
It sort of sums up UK. Not sure of company tax, but I know the personal tax always used to be 40%. So 100000 income and you're down to 60000 for a start off. We always found it so difficult to save in the UK and just soul destroying slaving away then paying all that tax....uurghhhh
It's not quite that drastic bakedbean as the tax is progressive and of course there are deduction. Would guess on 100K an effective tax rate would be around 33%...but then again, you get some good roads and healthcare in return.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:38 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Expensive petrol though.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:56 am
Yo

Expensive petrol though.
Well you're right about that. £1.43 at present. How much in Malaysia-Truly-Asia?
Old Nov 9th 2012, 8:09 am

You promise you won't cry? We pay RM 1.96 per litre - that's 40 pence a litre.

As I recall, or at least last time we went there which I think was May this year, Thailand was about 80 pence equivalent.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 4:00 pm
Yo

You promise you won't cry? We pay RM 1.96 per litre - that's 40 pence a litre.

As I recall, or at least last time we went there which I think was May this year, Thailand was about 80 pence equivalent.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Corporation tax in the uk is 20% of profits (at the levels we are talking about)
Personal tax 40% above 43.5 K

Yes lot of tax to be paid... back in the UK and thinking about it, offer still verbal which will give me some more time to think about it when it finally lands...

S
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Yes that is a dream package...I wish I was on that...Still Thailand is just so so much better than even Dubai...
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Job offer landed the other day on my desk. Lower than expected but still worth considering.

Total it works out as 13500 USD per month with all allowances etc included... so thinking about it.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:40 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Segush
Job offer landed the other day on my desk. Lower than expected but still worth considering.

Total it works out as 13500 USD per month with all allowances etc included... so thinking about it.
You mean that the $13500 includes all your housing, transportation, utilities, flights etc???
Old Jan 31st 2013, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
You mean that the $13500 includes all your housing, transportation, utilities, flights etc???
10000 USD/month salary
2500 USD/month housing/utilities allowance
1000 USD/month transport allowance

Flights apart, one return flight a year for me and relatives.

Low? Where should I negotiate more?

Regards,
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Baht 400K per month is low?! It's excellent, take it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.