Your Weekend?

Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Weekend?

I'm glad I checked out the link - now I know who Ken Hensley is.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi,

Was going to PM you so as not to bore everyone else with this bike event, but for some reason it says that I cannot.

Anyway, the band which Ken Hensley will be playing (along with the others) is called the Rockets and they will be appearing at 1.30pm. I've attached the link to the poster (you can magnify by clicking on it) with the program at the bottom left corner.

More info on the event on this site here.

Really hope you can make it.

Martha

The Rockets kick ass, seen them several times here in Javea. Definitely worth catching their gig.

Firtreesix
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:35 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firtreesix
The Rockets kick ass, seen them several times here in Javea. Definitely worth catching their gig.

Firtreesix
Geoff Britton's drumming with them isn't he?
I checked them out and he's really aged from his days in Wings and with David Byron's band. I know none of us are as young as we were but Geoff hasn't fared too well.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by XTreme
Geoff Britton's drumming with them isn't he?
I checked them out and he's really aged from his days in Wings and with David Byron's band. I know none of us are as young as we were but Geoff hasn't fared too well.

Heh! Yes he is and he plays damn well. I've also seen him playing in another more jazz oriented band which I can't remember the name of...he seems to get around and is a really nice guy. Sadly none of us are blessed with the good looks we used to have, but at least we are legends in our own minds

Firtreesix
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:53 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Heh! Yes he is and he plays damn well. I've also seen him playing in another more jazz oriented band which I can't remember the name of...he seems to get around and is a really nice guy. Sadly none of us are blessed with the good looks we used to have, but at least we are legends in our own minds

Firtreesix
I ain't gonna mention to Geoff he's aged! Cos apart from being a great drummer he was a top karate guy in the 60's and 70's as well.
I'll just say...Geoff you're looking great!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by XTreme
I ain't gonna mention to Geoff he's aged! Cos apart from being a great drummer he was a top karate guy in the 60's and 70's as well.
I'll just say...Geoff you're looking great!

Thanks for the tip regarding karate, I'll make sure not to piss him off
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:41 am
Mucho Macho

Thanks for the tip regarding karate, I'll make sure not to piss him off
Oh yeh....he was a very, very big name back in the day! And bear in mind those were the days that Karate was Japanese controlled and seriously brutal....not like the version you see today.

There's numerous tales of him stepping in to sort out trouble in his Wings days cos their normal security guys couldn't handle it.

Make no mistake, he may have long retired but Geoff Britton's about as tough as they come. And I just want to say once again....he's looking great even today!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Michael finished airbrushing one bike yesterday and starting another today!

Big bike day in Calpe next Sunday, 14th. They are expecting over 4,000 bikes from all over Spain and Europe. It's being organised by the Cruzados, link here

We will be exhibiting some of Michael's work there, so he has been working non stop trying to get all the bikes ready.

Wow Martha!

Michael really is very talented, isn't he? He seems to be able to work with so many different materials and mediums (is that the right expression? )
You must be incredibly proud of him
Please wish him all the very best for his exhibition next weekend; I'm sure the bikers will be blown away!

I gather you're still on crutches?
Did you get your foot checked out again after they removed the plaster? Or are you back in plaster??
I'm a bit behind with all the news, I'm afraid.
Hope you are feeling a bit better than you were?

Love and hugs,
Sam xx
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Michael finished airbrushing one bike yesterday and starting another today!

I've been encouraging him and bringing him tea

http://www.customfx.eu/Latest/wip_007.jpg

http://www.customfx.eu/Latest/wip_015s.jpg

http://www.customfx.eu/Latest/wip_012s.jpg

Micheal airbrushes jackets and leather waistcoats as well, and they are all excellent.
Glad to hear you are getting around to exhibiting at Calpe, and hope it goes well. I've got friends staying but we'll try and get down as I am going to Pedregeur market Sunday. Wheres it all happening?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

How was Benidorm? Did you see the procession Saturday night?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
How was Benidorm? Did you see the procession Saturday night?
Afraid not as I was being treated to a meal at an apartment on Pontiente, but the wife was almost knocked unconscious by a boiled sweet thrown from a wagon the following night
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:14 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Wow Martha!

Michael really is very talented, isn't he? He seems to be able to work with so many different materials and mediums (is that the right expression?)
You must be incredibly proud of him
Please wish him all the very best for his exhibition next weekend; I'm sure the bikers will be blown away!

I gather you're still on crutches?
Did you get your foot checked out again after they removed the plaster? Or are you back in plaster??
I'm a bit behind with all the news, I'm afraid.
Hope you are feeling a bit better than you were?

Love and hugs,
Sam xx
Hiya Sam,

Thank you for all your comments about Michael. Yes, he works in a multitude of mediums and I am extremely proud of him, not only because he is so talented, but also because he is such a patient and loving man.......has to be in order to deal and put up with me

As for me, I'm better. Have graduated to one crutch and am hoping to soon be crutchless (not to be mistaken by crotchless .......am I allowed to say that? ) Also doing some physio, but I think it's an absolute waste of time and money. The therapist massages my ankle and then puts this electricity thingie on it for 5 minutes, which I don't think does anything. The pain killers, on the other hand, work miracles. I actually went to the market yesterday so things are finally looking up!

How are things with you? Are you and your mother having a grand ole time?

Sending much luv,
Martha
xxx

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Micheal airbrushes jackets and leather waistcoats as well, and they are all excellent.
Glad to hear you are getting around to exhibiting at Calpe, and hope it goes well. I've got friends staying but we'll try and get down as I am going to Pedregeur market Sunday. Wheres it all happening?
Hey Mitzy,

Thank you too for your comments on Michael's work. Interested in a PR/marketing position that pays next to nothing for Custom FX?

Really hope you can make it on Sunday. I'll find a route map to the event and post it on here. Hope your visitors are not put off by those mean looking bikers

Speak soon
Martha
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

Really hope you can make it on Sunday. I'll find a route map to the event and post it on here. Hope your visitors are not put off by those mean looking bikers

Speak soon
Martha
Mmm, pity I can't make it.

Pleased to hear you are truly on the mend, at last, although it's a shame you don't have any faith in your physio.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I had that "electricity thingie" done on my knee when I damaged it and found it really helpful, although as you say it doesn`t feel like its doing anything.
I have been told it is used a lot in sport injuries now.
Hope you are feeling better. ;-)
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:27 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Mmm, pity I can't make it.

Pleased to hear you are truly on the mend, at last, although it's a shame you don't have any faith in your physio.
Thanks Montgomail! It would've been great seeing you there! Perhaps next time you're visiting something else will be happening, otherwise we'll just have to meet up for no apparent reason

Originally Posted by jdr
I had that "electricity thingie" done on my knee when I damaged it and found it really helpful, although as you say it doesn`t feel like its doing anything.
I have been told it is used a lot in sport injuries now.
Hope you are feeling better. ;-)
Hey JDR, thanks!

The only thing I feel is a slight tingling in my toes and that's it. I just don't think that only 5 minutes of electric strimulation is making any difference. I have another appointment for this following Monday and if I don't see any improvement, I won't be following up on the 15 sessions that were prescribed.

I remember Michael's physio (when he had injured his ankle - although it was a more major injury than mine) was really extreme workout in the gym with bicycling and various other excercises (btw, this was in the UK). All this guy did was massage it for 25 minutes and then 5 minutes of the electric thingie........don't need to pay someone to massage my ankle......Michael can do that for free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.