Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Is your ryanair flight cancelled

Old Aug 16th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is your ryanair flight cancelled

In a interview yesterday evening reported in todays Daily Telegraph, the chairman of BAA announced it was likely BAA would be forced to sell either of both of Gatwick and Stansted airports and either Glasgow or Edinburgh airport.

I think if Stansted was sold, it would lead to lower landing rates and lower Ryanair and Easyjet prices. It would be impossible for it not to have any worse service than you get now so can only be a much better thing.

When O'Leary made comments that he or ryanair would like to buy Stansted I never thought that would ever happen, even though he denies it in some reports but admits it in others I think there is a serious chance of it could happen now!

It is said to be that the decision that Stansted can be forced to be sold will be made in 7 months time.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:52 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

there big think on the bbc web aswell was watching the story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7564474.stm

and we all given out wait until that put the green tax on you flight soon
ha
now then give out

you all want very think for nothing but when you pay for it all give out

now in the old day when we had to walk to school with out ......
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

A judge has ruled that Ryanair cannot cancel reservations made via online agency Rumbo.

They must also remove from their website the clause that says bookings not made directly can be cancelled without notice or refund.

Link
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
A judge has ruled that Ryanair cannot cancel reservations made via online agency Rumbo.

They must also remove from their website the clause that says bookings not made directly can be cancelled without notice or refund.

Link
Absolutely incredible!

If that's the case, I'm going to set up a Web site called HelpForBritishExpats.com where I charge a small commission to access help and advice from a "panel of experienced British expats" i.e. BritishExpats.com! Want to know about UK plated cars in Spain? That'll be £5 please...

If Internet Brands complain and quote their terms and conditions, I'll just call up my friendly squash partner, ahem, judge to tell them to modify their terms and conditions accordingly.

I can't see Michael O'Leary taking any notice whatsoever of that ruling. And to be fair, I think the EU will take a very dim view too, considering the money some of those companies were charging (200-400% markups in most cases).
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

Why would you want to book through a third party website anyway?? Surely it's cheaper to book direct with Ryanair!

Some of you pay considerably more down in the south of Spain than I do going backwards and forwards to Girona! Sometimes my flights are as little as 30 Euros return and are usually no more than 50 Euros (Girona-Bournemouth)... Must admit I haven't tried to fly during the peak summer months though...