Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

wood burning stove installation

wood burning stove installation

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:39 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wood burning stove installation

Originally Posted by big wheels
Fire cement
High temp proof paint
Exhaust repair paste
Clamps around the joint.

Been there, tried them all. Nothing works. It will eat through anything.

My solution was to replace the lot with double skinned insulated tube.
The first piece is a cone shape, only around 8 inches long that fits narrow end down over the male bit on the top of the fire. All the other tubes sit on top of this with there own fitted clamp.
You will never see this type of tube in the showrooms, it is a secret that you have to know about. Ask for "tubo aislado" And they will raise an eyebrow and tell you that they have it, but nobody ever buys it as it costs about 5 times more than the single skinned tube.
Well worth the extra cost IMO.

Ours has now been fitted for 4yrs without any leaks.
I always hear people asking for the cheapest, makes me laugh, some don't value their or their families lives as much as others.

It is expensive I paid €60 a meter 4 years ago for the tubo aislado. I Only used this where it exited the roof so as not to cause a fire. I also opted for the better quality Eunoch pipe (I think that's what they call it). Sounds like lol.

Last edited by anonimouse; Jan 2nd 2011 at 4:45 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:24 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I told OH "Bil's trying to get me to buy a welder". He said "you know you wanna".... He's right. I'm a tool junkie. Can't afford either welder or metal right now. But maybe it's creeping on to the list.
Latest purchase was a winch from Lidl. German engineering! Lidl does it for me. Means I can buy cheap....and European!
Fact is, a welder is about the best investment you can make. Wood is dear, so I end up welding steel instead.

I've welded up some 7 gates and four sets of window bars. Go figure what that would cost if I paid someone to do that!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I always hear people asking for the cheapest, makes me laugh, some don't value their or their families lives as much as others.

It is expensive I paid €60 a meter 4 years ago for the tubo aislado. I Only used this where it exited the roof so as not to cause a fire. I also opted for the better quality Eunoch pipe (I think that's what they call it). Sounds like lol.
Cheap is twice dear.