Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Witnesses needed for Gibraltar wedding

Witnesses needed for Gibraltar wedding

Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Witnesses needed for Gibraltar wedding

Originally Posted by hmaloney
hi,

we are marrying in gibraltar on the 5th of July and are in desperate need of a couple of witnesses.

we are having the big ceremony back in Spain but have decided to come to gibraltar to do the legal bit.

is there anyone out there that is willing to help us out?

I´m keeping my fingers crossed....

many thanks
So as today is the best day .... Congratulations!!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:34 am
TYT
Forum Regular

TYT is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess Fred did not get his beer then....

Fred, all things being equal (still planning and looking at our options), if we are able to get ours confirmed for December, i will be more than happy to offer 6 beers & some cake, in exchange for a couple of witnesses, pls.

OP, we are looking at doing the same. How did it go? How was the border crossing (one UK citizen & 1 US)? Should we expect our passports to be stamped or scanned? Did you drive in or walk in? How long did the crossing take? On the Gibraltar side, are they Gibraltarian officers or British? Do you think we might be allowed to take some cake back to Spain? What should we expect? Pls update.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:45 am
TYT
Forum Regular

TYT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Do we get free beer
Hello Fredbargate. We are hoping to get ours done in December 2011.
If you are in town and available, we would be more than happy to give 6 beers and some cake.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TYT
I guess Fred did not get his beer then....
Beer!!! I didn't even get a reply

Originally Posted by TYT
Fred, all things being equal (still planning and looking at our options), if we are able to get ours confirmed for December, i will be more than happy to offer 6 beers & some cake, in exchange for a couple of witnesses, pls.
Make sure the beers are after the proceedings because with six I might not be able to stand up

With a UK passport the Spanish will take little interest, not sure about a US one.

Gibraltarians are British

Taking cake back to Spain should be no problem, Spanish customs are only looking for tobacco and the occasional fight.

Crossing times are so variable that it is impossible to say at this stage.
However if the PP get into government expect longer delays.