Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where in Spain?

Where in Spain?

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Spain?

Originally Posted by louispoppy
I think that's what we will do Ray perhaps stay in one area for a while. I think my problem of finding the right area to live in is that I have watched too many of the "homes from hell" programmes where a lot have been in Spain!
I suppose what I'm also after is reassurance that the homes in that programme is very much in a minority.
Reading what many on here have replied to my posting is that Spain is a very nice place to live.
lol we came nearly 8 years ago to a town we knew well, which we initially found by doing just what Domino suggested - driving down the coast til we found somewhere we fancied

when we came to live here we thought we knew exactly the area of the town we wanted to live in & rented - and nearly bought - there

by halfway through the second winter we realised what a dreadful mistake it was - too far away from everything & way too cold in winter!!

it took us a few more years to work out exactly what part of town suited our needs best & moved to that area about 3 years ago

finally - nearly 8 years of renting later remember - we are actually again seriously considering buying
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where in Spain?

So refreshing , to actually find out some honest truths , about other people's experiences , thanks !
Where I live , we have a system of legally-protected lease , where the landlord can't kick you out over the first 9 years - and if he tried , between lawyers , the courts and his massive legal costs , another few years would go by ( much better for the behaving tennant , than the U.K. law ) ;
but my 11 years have gone by in the same comfy and spacious place and I'm moving , what a struggle and a headache , for someone 60+ !
People , beware of your material posessions , they really can burden you , no matter how attractive they might have appeared , then + who-knows-when .