Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where do we go from here?

Where do we go from here?

Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:35 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Another problem with forums is generally people lie, quite a lot.

Trying to gain a feel for the persons previous comments around a site can generally show who is a geniune and who is a numpty.

In the past on other forums I found reading a persons previous posts before i reply to there comments is useful, many wind up merchants don`t have good memories, especially when most idiots spend more than a few hours a week on one site.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:48 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
If you think our life is a saga then what very sad people you are.

We come on here only asking for advice and are accused of being bad parents.

Our daughters interests are at the very heart of all of this.What the hell do you know about us.

She is lonely where we are with no friends and there never will be.The house let we have was only temporary to get us here and then to look for
somewhere permanent.

I asked such a simple question but look at all your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you on here are pathetic small minded people im sorry to say.

I would have thought you would have been more understanding having moved to spain yourselves at some stage but no. Youre very high and mighty and very critical of other people and are just waiting to lunge at someone.

People in the Uk who have no idea whatever too like to stick their useless 2 pennyworth in.

God, how bored are you all.Dont you have something better to do.

Will use pm from now on for people worth talking to.

The rest of you can just kiss my ass cos your pathetic.

Goodbye.
Hey lighten up, don't be negheads http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...618936&page=10
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:06 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I`ve re read the first few pages of this and some of the painters other contributions.

My conclusion is that they where told the info before they moved, now the comments have turned to reality, I feel there starting to really regret moving.

Its something we are trying to avoid, I guess though we sometimes ignore the negatives in a hope it will not become facts.

Its really difficult trying to decide on a location, not only Spain but any place.

We are starting to look into leaving as much in place in the UK as we financial can and travel to different locations for periods of time before a final choice can be made.

Although this may well prove to costly.

And I`m starting to go off the whole idea as being too much hassle.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:10 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

May cost more in the long term by rushing into a place. Most I know bought quickly and moved shortly afterwards, including ourselves. I thought I knew the area well but you don't know anywhere unless you actually live there for a while.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:15 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

There are some REALLY happy people in Spain eh?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:22 am
Banned

Sign of the times I`m afraid.

Years ago people just got on with it.

Now we live in a society full of runners, moaners and experts.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:26 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

What's all this about? I am confused now, all I posted was not to rush into a place you don't know, live in it first
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yep.
Graham
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:29 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

And me too
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Yep.
Graham
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yep!
Originally Posted by SueG
And me too
Then maybe you all need to have a slightly louder voice, because this is becoming a really nasty place to be now....
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Then maybe you all need to have a slightly louder voice, because this is becoming a really nasty place to be now....
Me too, I try but no one listens now, all they wanna do is fight.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:42 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jdr
Me too, I try but no one listens now, all they wanna do is fight.
Oh no they don't!!!!

(see what I did there?)
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Well I'm happy here too, but...

I believe the Painters like many never really came looking for advice, but were part of the growing trend of people with a severe case of cognitive dissonance looking for reassurance. When we didn't reinforce their decisions, it generated the irrational anger and denial we all saw. Natural behavioral responses I might add!

The question is should we change our behavior just because it's "nicer" not to tell the truth or should we tell the truth warts and all and risk being alienated by the OP and others on here. Spain is a big country, we all have very different experiences, and we're all different people. It's taken me three years to feel like I "fit in" here, and part of that was overcoming the positive delusions about Spain and learning about the reality. In my experience (wait: just popping on my flame-proof trousers) you either come out the other side with a balanced view or become incredibly negative, eventually returning 'home'.

Please don't shoot... I'm 25% American!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:05 am
Straw Man.

Truth can be very subjective...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.