Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

when you go back

when you go back

Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:08 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default when you go back

hi just interested to know for those of you that live in spain, when you go back to england to visit what are your feelings about the country that you once lived in ,
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:18 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: when you go back

Originally Posted by pjj
hi just interested to know for those of you that live in spain, when you go back to england to visit what are your feelings about the country that you once lived in ,
When i go back to SCOTLAND ( i presume when you said England, you meant britain) The actual town i come from is a right shit hole now. I hate to say it but it is. My wife is from near Leeds and i would move to her home town tomorrow if i could. Problem is we could not afford it just yet.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:20 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
I don't................
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:22 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CBANDY
When i go back to SCOTLAND ( i presume when you said England, you meant britain) The actual town i come from is a right shit hole now. I hate to say it but it is. My wife is from near Leeds and i would move to her home town tomorrow if i could. Problem is we could not afford it just yet.
hi cbandy i take it you are living in spain at the min are you not happy there ?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:32 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pjj
hi cbandy i take it you are living in spain at the min are you not happy there ?
Hi mate, Quite happy at the moment but worried for the future. I have a good job, a 2 yr old daughter and another on the way. We would like to move nearer to where i work but with the current housing market there is no chance at the moment. There are no other children on our urb. I also think my daughter is missing out on seeing her family (cousins etc.....) although she seems happy. We have time though, she is only 2.

Also, the things that piss me right off are the other brits (namely buisness owners). Example: My wife has worked in the same place for 4 years, got maternaty leave 2 years ago and then they cancelled her contract. They took her back on after the maternaty leave but it tok her another 5 months to get her contract. Working 28 hours a week on a 10 hour contract so no benefits for our daughter. Went on holiday in June for a week and guess what?????? No holiday pay. They said they could not afford it!!!!! All 70 euros of it. Still on a part time, temporary contract which finnishes in November so i recon no maternaty pay this time. They would not get away with it in the uk so why are the brits ripping off the brits here?

Sorry for the rant.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:34 am
pjj
sun lover

Hi mate, Quite happy at the moment but worried for the future. I have a good job, a 2 yr old daughter and another on the way. We would like to move nearer to where i work but with the current housing market there is no chance at the moment. There are no other children on our urb. I also think my daughter is missing out on seeing her family (cousins etc.....) although she seems happy. We have time though, she is only 2.

Also, the things that piss me right off are the other brits (namely buisness owners). Example: My wife has worked in the same place for 4 years, got maternaty leave 2 years ago and then they cancelled her contract. They took her back on after the maternaty leave but it tok her another 5 months to get her contract. Working 28 hours a week on a 10 hour contract so no benefits for our daughter. Went on holiday in June for a week and guess what?????? No holiday pay. They said they could not afford it!!!!! All 70 euros of it. Still on a part time, temporary contract which finnishes in November so i recon no maternaty pay this time. They would not get away with it in the uk so why are the brits ripping off the brits here?

Sorry for the rant.
that a right cheek you would think they would pay her if shes been there all that time shes better off trying to find another job ,they will prob coming running back after her with a pay rise if shes reliable and very good at her job good hard working people are hard to find in spain ! what job do you do pal in spain ?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:25 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Because I live in a small village in Spain, I really enjoy going back to my home city.

Within a few minute's walk from our house in the Midlands in the UK we have : A Chinese takeaway, a Thai Restaurant, an Indian takeaway, a chip shop, a pub that sells real ale and a Carvery. Doctors, dentists, schools, all on hand . Local shops including a brilliant hardware shop.

Within twenty minutes walk there is the City Centre.

Also being in the Midlands it is easy to get to anywhere else.

Here we have to drive for at least an hour to get to a Mercadona or Lidl and ONE Chinese takeaway and the other week when my husband ordered some glass he had to wait a week for it.

I understand that that is what life in rural Spain is like, and I love the quietness and the scenery.

But i also enjoy a taste of civilisation too.

Luckily we still have our house in the UK, spent seven weeks there this year and in a year or two are probably going to do half and half.

I like living in both places, but for different reasons.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:36 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by pjj
that a right cheek you would think they would pay her if shes been there all that time shes better off trying to find another job ,they will prob coming running back after her with a pay rise if shes reliable and very good at her job good hard working people are hard to find in spain ! what job do you do pal in spain ?
I am the sports director on a golf course. Hard work but i enjoy it.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:15 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

my parents live in almeria go back to leicester to visit from time to time.after 2 days shes ready to go back to spain.they have not got to retirement age yet but they are lucky dont have to work. dont have to worry about children etc so spain for them is like living a dream.no wories.i have brought a house there in almeria would move tommorrow but cannot afford toi yet.i will have to wait untill my children are older then we would go they will stay in england.we hate this country HATE HATE .ENGLAND.HELEN
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:40 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by helenba
my parents live in almeria go back to leicester to visit from time to time.after 2 days shes ready to go back to spain.they have not got to retirement age yet but they are lucky dont have to work. dont have to worry about children etc so spain for them is like living a dream.no wories.i have brought a house there in almeria would move tommorrow but cannot afford toi yet.i will have to wait untill my children are older then we would go they will stay in england.we hate this country HATE HATE .ENGLAND.HELEN
Calm down dear, you will give yourself a coronary.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I went back (for three days) I remember being confused by the coins. Having to fish odd coins out of my hand and look at them before passing them over to buy a magazine or something. Look of disbelief from the Pakistani newspaper vendor who obviously thought 'got a ripe one here'.
My English was better than his though...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:14 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Calm down dear, you will give yourself a coronary.
i know but there isnt any thing i like about this country any more .i have a small buisness its getting harder to survive .sorry i will calm down or i will be to sick to go to spain .chill helen
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenba
i know but there isnt any thing i like about this country any more .i have a small buisness its getting harder to survive .sorry i will calm down or i will be to sick to go to spain .chill helen
Ah well, you do live in little Asia.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
I enjoy it
I do find it very expensive, and the weather is depressing as lately its always raining.

But I love the countryside, I like the bustle of Birmingham where I lived most of my life and its lovely to fit in seeing so many friends and family in a short time period
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:59 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I enjoy it
I do find it very expensive, and the weather is depressing as lately its always raining.

But I love the countryside, I like the bustle of Birmingham where I lived most of my life and its lovely to fit in seeing so many friends and family in a short time period
Couldn`t have said it better myself. Thats exactly how i feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.