Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

Originally Posted by jeanc
Tried it, same message. Still looking at the suggestions of sugarlugs aswell
Computer says...... trouble shooter can no longer help me tried everything suggested...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

I may be to do with your PC not reloading the real page but retrieving it from your history on your PC.
Did you get.....

Ryanair.com - File Not Found
The page you are looking for may have moved
or perhaps you mis-typed the address.
Return to www.ryanair.com
or
Click the < Back button to try another link.

If so maybe delete history and cookies and try again.
Tools, internet options, browsing history, delete, delete all.

Or alternatively try Mozilla Firefox browser its very similar to Internet Explorer but better!
I assume you are using IE?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:44 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

You apparently have a worm.

There is a forum where they have experts who are really very nice and give free persnnal advice on how to get rid of your problem.

First though I suggest downloading and running Spybot (from the same people)

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Once this is done go to the forum. Cut and paste the report you get from the spybot scan. They will do the rest, telling you what programs you should install and which of your files have been affected. They will also tell you if when a file is affected it is putting you at any risk. It's a bit time consuming, but well worth it. The person assigened to my problem last year was quick and helped me do a total clean up (and that was no easy job - think teenagers bedroom!!!) and over two days it was done. Had I asked a tech to do it, then yes it would have been quicker but around 150 € more expensive

http://forums.spybot.info/index.php
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:12 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Im by far no expert,but I would be inclined to run system restore first of all,I had a simular problem a couple of weeks ago,I could not get into the paypal site to sign up,it turned out to be something to do with the Norton security,so I went in the Norton and did something or other (downloaded some tools) well it sorted the problem ,Iv also downloaded Spybot and ccleaner a few weeks ago has suggested and run them once a week or so.........good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Computer says...... trouble shooter can no longer help me tried everything suggested...
Give us a list of your anti spyware programs that you should update and run at least weekly.

Go to Trend Housecall at this link, tick the I agree box and then launch housecall.
This will find and remove any nasties that it finds.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Give us a list of your anti spyware programs that you should update and run at least weekly.

Go to Trend Housecall at this link, tick the I agree box and then launch housecall.
This will find and remove any nasties that it finds.
Thanks everone for your help and suggestions. I was not online yesterday, busy, I shall get my son to try some of the suggestions you have all made, he's so much better than me with computers, and will let you know