British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/whats-wrong-my-computer-455293/)

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 9:41 pm

WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

1st of all, since Wednesday it won't let me on Ryanair's website,but I can go on anyone elses. Now I've just looked at Lynnxa's "mouse thread" and I can't view the link on that. I keep getting that page that says - you may not be connected to the internet, or you've typed a wrong address ect. Got any clues? Know some of you are computer whizzes:blink::confused:

Mitzyboy Jun 2nd 2007 9:42 pm

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4864731)
1st of all, since Wednesday it won't let me on Ryanair's website,but I can go on anyone elses. Now I've just looked at Lynexa's "mouse thread" and I can't view the link on that. I keep getting that page that says - you may not be connected to the internet, or you've typed a wrong address ect. Got any clues? Know some of you are computer whizzes:blink::confused:

Computer says .........no ......:(

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 9:43 pm

1st of all, since Wednesday it won't let me on Ryanair's website,but I can go on anyone elses. Now I've just looked at Lynexa's "mouse thread" and I can't view the link on that. I keep getting that page that says - you may not be connected to the internet, or you've typed a wrong address ect. Got any clues? Know some of you are computer whizzes:blink::confused:

Wanted this to go in siesta time

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4864734)
Computer says .........no ......:(

Funny

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 9:45 pm

Thankyou who ever moved me

Mitzyboy Jun 2nd 2007 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4864737)
Funny

Sorry Jean, knowing a little about computers It sounds like something to do with your security settings, but I wouldn't know how to fix it

Sugarlugs Jun 2nd 2007 9:51 pm

1st of all, since Wednesday it won't let me on Ryanair's website,but I can go on anyone elses. Now I've just looked at Lynnxa's "mouse thread" and I can't view the link on that. I keep getting that page that says - you may not be connected to the internet, or you've typed a wrong address ect. Got any clues? Know some of you are computer whizzes:blink::confused:

Jean have you had a look in your content advisor in internet options maybe yr pc is blocking it. I had a similar problem and I was only trying to get on the job centre site.

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4864743)
Sorry Jean, knowing a little about computers It sounds like something to do with your security settings, but I wouldn't know how to fix it

Thought that. think that maybe my son has messed with some setting or other, though of course he won't admit it! Did me a favour though cos by the time I got to work Friday and booked our flights it was £100 quid cheaper than on Wed. Getting a bit p*/?ed off with it now though!

jdr Jun 2nd 2007 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4864743)

If you are trying to get on from a favourite the link maybe broken, have you tried typing the address in for ryanair ?

Sugarlugs Jun 2nd 2007 10:01 pm

I know this may sound a bit dodgy but if you click
start/control panel/internet options settings then the content then ratings tab
highlight the fear intimidation section and push the slider to unrestricted then apply and ok
it may sort it out I did that and it solved the problem and I have had no trouble at all since.

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4864763)
If you are trying to get on from a favourite the link maybe broken, have you tried typing the address in for ryanair ?

No even if I type it in the name or google it it is the same. Oh and I've just flooded the kitchen cos I've left the bath running, coming through cieling onto kitchen floor! Anyone know anything about plumming, cos my overflow obviously is not working!!!

Mitzyboy Jun 2nd 2007 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4864790)
No even if I type it in the name or google it it is the same. Oh and I've just flooded the kitchen cos I've left the bath running, coming through cieling onto kitchen floor! Anyone know anything about plumming, cos my overflow obviously is not working!!!

I wish I hadn't been so flippant at the beginning now ... feeling guilty!

jdr Jun 2nd 2007 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4864790)

Try here

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4864793)
I wish I hadn't been so flippant at the beginning now ... feeling guilty!

You feeling guilty, that made me smile:D

jeanc Jun 2nd 2007 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4864806)
Try here

Tried it, same message. Still looking at the suggestions of sugarlugs aswell