Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

Old May 13th 2007, 4:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

Originally Posted by jeanc
And that's what i meant. translators charge about £40.00 per hour. When we enquired about spanish lessons for a tutor to come to our home it was $45.00 per hour not bad going.
sounds a lot!

translators here will charge about 40 odd Euros - but you have to bear in mind that they might only get a few jobs a week. For a written translation you usually pay per page - anything from about 15 to 40 euros. But again, it's not constant work.

I used to have private spanish lessons with two friends - we paid 30 euros for 1.5 hours between us - and that's the most expensive one I've come across. Yet again though, not constant work.

I teach english, maths, basic spanish & general help with homework to english kids who are in spanish schools. I charge 10 euros an hour - that's pretty much the going rate.

I could never live on what I make though. As a family we could just about eat on it - but not live on it - and of course in the holidays most of them drop out.
Old May 13th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
sounds a lot!

translators here will charge about 40 odd Euros - but you have to bear in mind that they might only get a few jobs a week. For a written translation you usually pay per page - anything from about 15 to 40 euros. But again, it's not constant work.

I used to have private spanish lessons with two friends - we paid 30 euros for 1.5 hours between us - and that's the most expensive one I've come across. Yet again though, not constant work.

I teach english, maths, basic spanish & general help with homework to english kids who are in spanish schools. I charge 10 euros an hour - that's pretty much the going rate.

I could never live on what I make though. As a family we could just about eat on it - but not live on it - and of course in the holidays most of them drop out.
I'm talking uk prices cost of living very high here for everything someone with a second language could make a lot of money schools are crying out for language tutors
Old May 13th 2007, 6:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
I'm talking uk prices cost of living very high here for everything someone with a second language could make a lot of money schools are crying out for language tutors
probably could.........can't see my girls wanting to go back there though
Old May 14th 2007, 3:08 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
sounds a lot!

My wife has been doing private English classes for a while now. She started off "black" - ie, teaching in people´s homes and not declaring to the authorities. For that she charged 10 - 12 euros per hour.

But then she got herself registered and went official. Now she teaches to small groups in local businesses for which she charges 35€ - 40€ per hour depending on the size of the group. There is plenty of work and it is regular from September to June with a gap in summer. Easily enough to live off.

So there are a few well paid jobs out there.