Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

Old May 12th 2007, 2:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

just stuck my head out of the window to tell the Spanish kids to be a bit quieter - after all 3-5pm is supposed to be Siesta

I'm glad I looked before I opened my mouth.......it was my older dd!!

I didn't even recognise her voice

she is now the loudest SPANISH kid around
Old May 12th 2007, 2:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what has happened to my quiet, reserved ENGLISH daughter?

Originally Posted by lynnxa
just stuck my head out of the window to tell the Spanish kids to be a bit quieter - after all 3-5pm is supposed to be Siesta

She is so INTEGRATED and so NORMAL.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2007, 3:28 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
She is so INTEGRATED and so NORMAL.

Rosemary
As Rosemary said she is now truly Spanish normal is very loud or if we're lucky not quite so loud......Have you ever been in the coffee shop at 5pm when all the women arrive for coffee, cake and a chat now that is loud

But I am so please that the girls have fitted in and are really at home, it must be really satisfying for you to see them at play and know that you have done the right thing.
Old May 12th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Old May 12th 2007, 6:01 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Our daughter is three months old ive already bought a shotgun monday im of out for a Glock 37 handgun no boyfriends till shes 50 or im dead
Old May 12th 2007, 6:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Our daughter is three months old ive already bought a shotgun monday im of out for a Glock 37 handgun no boyfriends till shes 50 or im dead
join my hubby

what is it about dads?
Old May 12th 2007, 6:04 pm

join my hubby

what is it about dads?
Well our little one is so sweet loverly i know what i get up to with my wife no ones doing that to her...............blugh
Old May 12th 2007, 6:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Well our little one is so sweet loverly i know what i get up to with my wife no ones doing that to her...............blugh
yeah that's what he says.......

seems like 3 months was yesterday - they are 7 (nearly 8) & 11 now
Old May 12th 2007, 6:09 pm

yeah that's what he says.......

seems like 3 months was yesterday - they are 7 (nearly 8) & 11 now
I know how you feel our boy is five now up until three months ago he was still a baby to us he seemed to get bigger and everything overnight
Old May 12th 2007, 7:01 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

How long have you been in Spain? just wondering how long it'll take a quite outgoing 8 year old to settle in like your daughter!
Old May 12th 2007, 7:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by silverchick
How long have you been in Spain? just wondering how long it'll take a quite outgoing 8 year old to settle in like your daughter!
we've been here 3.5 years, but they spent the first year in an english school.

older dd learned a bit of spanish there - not enough for a conversation though - younger one learned none

now they've been at Spanish school for 7 terms at the end of this one (3 a year just like in england) and they prefer to play with spanish kids
Old May 12th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

we've been here 3.5 years, but they spent the first year in an english school.

older dd learned a bit of spanish there - not enough for a conversation though - younger one learned none

now they've been at Spanish school for 7 terms at the end of this one (3 a year just like in england) and they prefer to play with spanish kids
wish we had had the money to do it 6 or 7 years ago when the kids would have just "got on with it " like kids do.. Your children now have the best of both worlds and chances of very good jobs when they leave school. Bet you're very proud of them
Old May 12th 2007, 7:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jeanc
wish we had had the money to do it 6 or 7 years ago when the kids would have just "got on with it " like kids do.. Your children now have the best of both worlds and chances of very good jobs when they leave school. Bet you're very proud of them
absotively
Old May 13th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

jwac21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeanc
The trouble is with the Spanish it does not mean that they will get good jobs There are lots of very talented English kids that have gone through the system and ended up in dead end jobs because the Spanish just do not accept them. Know I now that this is not the same all over but if you live outside the main Towns and cities more in the rural areas and Spanish coastal then there is a double standard. And quite frankly the average Spanish pay is crap When my kids grow up they will take what they have learned especially the language and get jobs in England or America not here in Spain.
Old May 13th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwac21
The trouble is with the Spanish it does not mean that they will get good jobs There are lots of very talented English kids that have gone through the system and ended up in dead end jobs because the Spanish just do not accept them. Know I now that this is not the same all over but if you live outside the main Towns and cities more in the rural areas and Spanish coastal then there is a double standard. And quite frankly the average Spanish pay is crap When my kids grow up they will take what they have learned especially the language and get jobs in England or America not here in Spain.
And that's what i meant. translators charge about £40.00 per hour. When we enquired about spanish lessons for a tutor to come to our home it was $45.00 per hour not bad going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.