Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Old May 12th 2008, 9:58 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Not a good day last Friday, Bob got laid off due to lack of work. As if that was not bad enough, I got laid off today! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT HAPPENNING? Please forgive any typos, but not exactly what you would call sober at the moment! TCH! Had to have my dog put to sleep a month ago, what else!
Chris XXX
Old May 12th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Speaking as a Man City fan I think your troubles are pretty minor and you should stop bloody wingeing and enjoy the good weather for a few days.
I'd have paid good money not to have had to go into work this morning.

Hope you and the OH get sorted quickish - or manage to sell up and follow your dream.
Old May 12th 2008, 10:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that

Oh and LB, isn't there someone up your way about to be laid off?
Old May 12th 2008, 10:39 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: WHAT A DOWNER!!!!!!

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Speaking as a Man City fan I think your troubles are pretty minor and you should stop bloody wingeing and enjoy the good weather for a few days.
I'd have paid good money not to have had to go into work this morning.

Hope you and the OH get sorted quickish - or manage to sell up and follow your dream.

Hi LB,
Got laid off, but still expected to go to work and do my customer services bit with a smile until 8th June. Yeah, right! I won't mention the company for obvious reasons, but they are a HUGE international company and you would be amazed if you knew who they are/were? Wouldn't be so bad, but work for an agency so not terminated my contract, just terminated my assignment to that company. Phoned up their office for advice, told to send in my CV (That will be the one they already have a copy of then!) and they will get back to me as and when. I asked if they had any jobs and was told no! So technically, as I am still contracted to them, I am not unemployed even though they have no work and don't pay unless I am assigned to a company! So if I don't get another job quickly, I will have to hand in my notice which means I have made myself unemployed and not entitled to benefits for 6 weeks. I wasn't the only one by the way, there were 43 of us so had plenty of company at the pub this afternoon! Thanks for the good wishes though LB.
Chris XXX
Old May 12th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Sorry to hear that

Hasn`t that person already flown to Thailand??? Nice that he can afford to do so...
Old May 12th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Hasn`t that person already flown to Thailand??? Nice that he can afford to do so...
That'll be my pie money that's paid for that - not his own money - he's off leading the mighty Blues on a post season trip of Asia.
Old May 12th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If the papers are to believed I'd say so. I a craaazzeee fool, I want him to stay - even after that yesterday.
Old May 12th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisw
....................... there were 43 of us so had plenty of company at the pub this afternoon! Thanks for the good wishes though LB.
Chris XXX
Don't know whether you'll be up to work in the morning - I hope you all got a round in each?? Happy days!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Help line number for LB.

080 818181
Old May 12th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by big wheels
Help line number for LB.

080 818181
In no particular order **** Off

The best I had today was :-

"LB you should try one of these biscuits, I eight one earlier and they're Svensational"
Old May 12th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order **** Off

The best I had today was :-

"LB you should try one of these biscuits, I eight one earlier and they're Svensational"
Was that it?? Oh come one... there must`ve been better ones than that....... Worst defeat of the season wasn`t it?????
Old May 12th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

........ Worst defeat of the season wasn`t it?????
Season!!!! Not even derby let 8 past them!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Season!!!! Not even derby let 8 past them!!
Not in one match, no.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not in one match, no.
You funny biatch!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

You funny biatch!!
you watch South Park?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.